Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 Community Update #1: The Secret Sauce of Dungeons & Dragons

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
He's a Mexican who gets drunk on Friday nights, just ignore him.

Darkforge

Augur
This better be turn based. Fuck the legacy.

I have only just now been able to stomach playing POE II. Is it still shit? Yes, but turn based is actually allowing me to slowly get through it.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think I preferred their videos without the dress-up live action skits, but I am glad Swen is having fun, he deserves it. Hopefully the game will be good.

Quillon

Arcane
I'll be very surprised if it is turn-based or isometric. There is 0% chance of RTwP since that doesn't fly on consoles. Hence why Deadfire introduced turn-based combat in a patch or why D:OS was turn-based to begin with.

I don't think they valued consoles that much in either case, at least consoles wasn't the deciding factor, hence no multi-platform launch for either 4 games. Obs/Josh thought RTwP would sell better and Swen prefers TB. Deadfire introduced TB to appeal to DOS audience mainly.

I'm 100% sure BG3 will have everything DOS2 has; TB, Top-down cam etc. and whatever additional modes they could afford, optional DAO style third-person exploration & cinematic convos are likely(were they already in DOS2?) but optional RTwP is unlikely imo.

Mustawd

FUCK THE INFINITY ENGINE YOU CASUALIZED CASUALS.
You play JRPGs, what right do you have to trash talk IE games? Go fuck yourself.

yah so im sober now. and I spent $25 to go see some douchebag hack comedian at the local improv. Then we went to some piano bar and I made out with this Irish chubby chick with AMAZING pink nipples. And now it’s 3am and I’m waiting in a whataburger drive though to get a #1 with a Diet Dr Pepper before I go home to eat my junk food and go to sleep. And then wake up at 7am to go play soccer with coworkers.

All this to say that the Infinity Engine is fucking stupid and you don’t need a drunk Mexican to tell you that.

But here we are...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Why did you get diet soda with your meal? I mean, does it matter at that point?
(Of course I am biased; I have that stupid gene where fake sugar just tastes like pure bitter nasty in an overpowering way.)

Mustawd

Why did you get diet soda with your meal? I mean, does it matter at that point?
(Of course I am biased; I have that stupid gene where fake sugar just tastes like pure bitter nasty in an overpowering way.)

I like that diet dr pepper tastes less sugary than if it was real sugar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, I hope combat will be good enough cause with SJWizards on board anything else is gonna be lame.

My prediction ish that the game is going to be generic as fuck, only hope is a decent combat combat system.

hpstg

Savant
Their games have been silly, and bad written, but I would never call them generic.

Arthandas

Liturgist
So cringy it's hard to watch.

I see you've never been around DnD players or at a DnD session before.
Most of them are like that, goofy and child-like.
They're just having fun, not obsessing what others think of them.
No I wasn't, real men played this:
b2e8a1924f2fa2ac8880a3091225

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
The no-name studio from the 90s that hasn't made anything good during the BG era is chosen to popamolize it 20 years later. Isn't fate cruel?

Yeah, clearly Owlcat is better for that, but... nobody likes upstarts sadly, and they are like that - too good, and too Easter European.

Last edited:

hexer

So cringy it's hard to watch.

I see you've never been around DnD players or at a DnD session before.
Most of them are like that, goofy and child-like.
They're just having fun, not obsessing what others think of them.
No I wasn't, real men played this:
b2e8a1924f2fa2ac8880a3091225

I've got news for you..
real men do whatever the fuck they want and don't lose sleep over what others think of them.

hpstg

Savant
Yeah, clearly Owlcat is better for that, but... nobody likes upstarts sadly, and they are like that - too good, and too Easter European.
Would you trust them with a project this important, after the way Kingmaker was released?

They need to have a relatively bug free release of a large project, before any franchise this big will actually go to them.

It will probably happen after they properly release another couple of games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom