Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 gameplay to be revealed at PAX East on February 27th

Shadenuat

Arcane
i think going for sad and lost dragon age/bio community is very obvious money wise

they are at this point so desperate for romance that kill themselves on spider swarms in PK even

Dr Schultz

Augur
My money is on "D: OS with 5th ed ruleset and Forgotten Realms as setting".

So, basically, 4 PCs party, multiplayer up to 4 players, mandatory DM mode and turn-based combat"

Last edited:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
They better make it a 6 party game with all that manpower that is going into this project.

Not too excited , ok he knows you.. But we dont, what king of games do you prefer ? Its rpgcodex here, you dont really like those rpggames right ?

Well, she thinks that I'm an old fart who prefers his cRPGs served on a cold plate of unintuitive combat mechanics along with a hefty meatloaf of meaningful narrative choices, sprinkled with an option to completely screw myself over as early as in the character creation menu.
And BG3 is not designed for that kind of audience. Which makes sense market-wise, I guess.

polo

Magister
Im hoping it will be first person rtwp. I want the to adapt the game to new technologies and trends. Im very optimistic.

Mortmal

Arcane
Not too excited , ok he knows you.. But we dont, what king of games do you prefer ? Its rpgcodex here, you dont really like those rpggames right ?

Well, she thinks that I'm an old fart who prefers his cRPGs served on a cold plate of unintuitive combat mechanics along with a hefty meatloaf of meaningful narrative choices, sprinkled with an option to completely screw myself over as early as in the character creation menu.
And BG3 is not designed for that kind of audience. Which makes sense market-wise, I guess.
Ouch… you are telling us a lot. Probably wont like it either.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Maybe I'm gonna give a fuck then.

Nah, probably not. Its RTwP surely.
Honestly, I prefer Turn Based, but not in a Baldur's Gate sequel. It's core principle (unfortunately). I felt the same way with InXile's Torment; shouldn't have been turn based—although, there is room for doubt with that one, since it is positively not Planescape 2.

Sadly I don't have high hopes for any game made by any studio in this day and age. Both the knack for it, and the retail environment for it are long dead. I bet anyone pushing for it in the developer meetings, is experiencing pushback along the lines of the Brawndo argument.

Every RPG that I've anticipated within the last twenty years has been a disappointment except for the first (and only the first) Witcher game. I assume the same (disappointment) from CyberPunk... outside of the visuals.

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It's going to be first person or iso, your choice. It's going to be RTwP or turn-based, your choice. It's going to be an RPG or an action game, your choice.

polo

Magister
FP rtwp action game would be perfect for baldurs gate franchise rebirth. A huge improvement over rtwp isometric rpg boredom.

polo

Magister
Outer worlds was an improvement, but it was not enough. I think more streamlining is the way to go with this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom