Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 hate thread

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Fuck, the haters were right. It is a first person game. I should have listened to these people, they know everything months before any news.

LMAO. J_C trying sarcasm. :lol:

Just tell me, how many times were the fanboys and cocksuckers right? How many times we've heard "hurrrrrrrrrr just wait u dont know anyhing yet u didnt play it 7 times yet u didnt wait for the definitive directors edition" only to find out that in the end the "haters" were mostly right?
But oh right, it's not first person. That means the "haters" are wrong about everything.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Fuck, the haters were right. It is a first person game. I should have listened to these people, they know everything months before any news.

Just tell me, how many times were the fanboys and cocksuckers right? How many times we've heard "hurrrrrrrrrr just wait u dont know anyhing yet u didnt play it 7 times yet u didnt wait for the definitive directors edition" only to find out that in the end the "haters" were mostly right?
But oh right, it's not first person. That means the "haters" are wrong about everything.
You can laugh your ass anywhere you want. It still doesn't change the fact that the first person idea was so stupid and ridiculous that everyone with an ounce of intelligence knew that it won't happen. I guess you were one of the proponents of the idea and you are butthurt that you were proven wrong.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

You can laugh your ass anywhere you want. It still doesn't change the fact that the first person idea was so stupid and ridiculous that everyone with an ounce of intelligence knew that it won't happen. I guess you were one of the proponents of the idea and you are butthurt that you were proven wrong.

Yes, yes, and "everyone with an ounce of intelligence" knew that Fallout 3 wouldn't be first-person and that Numanuma won't be a pile of garbage. Cool story, bro. You just do what you always do: shit out your usual fanboy vomit (ie. hurr just wait plz!!!), but it just happened that this time you were right in one respect. And then you think this is different and so much more intelligent than the "haters". :lol:
You would be like the broken clock who's right two times a day, except if days were actually years long.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I didn't even know there was a big discussion about this being first-person. I didn't pay much attention to it, but it seems to me like you're just clinging to some made up victory you made in your mind, like the little shit that you are.

Last edited:

AliceAlcina

Learned
It's D&D franchise flagship game. I knew shitstorm like this was going to be from day 1, because:
1) shitstorm is flagship of edgy haters
2) Larian first commercial success was colorful game
3) IT'S D&D FLAGSHIP GAME IT'S NOT GOING TO BE PRODUCED LIKE RANDOM INDIE KNOCKOFF OF SHOVEL KNIGHT

BTW: just because you guys think any dark setting in any art is superior it doesn't mean it's better than any other style of art, it's just taste, I actually like cheerful and colorful tone of DOS EE rather than dark and gloomy setting of BTIVDC

I'm actually pleased for images of BG3. Hope it got optional RTwP and all would be well.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
It's so fucking lazy to do all your dialog like this:

*I told him my opinion of him was that of a smelly wet dog.*

It's like... cheating or something.

Swen you idiot.

It's just an ill-conceived idea. Larian probably thinks it leaves a lot to the imagination, but it's the opposite; it attempts to impose direction on the player's thought.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I'd probably be excited about BG3 if it wasn't being made by Larian.

I know they are popular but their style just doesn't make for a very good RPG in my opinion.

Last edited:

Dux

Arcane
I was 98.6% sure that the dialogue options were just temporary placeholders because they hadn't finished writing yet. I was so sure because it looks bafflingly amateurish and lazy.

Then there's the UI design: the blandest, most streamlined plastic shit you could imagine, straight out of some F2P MMO on Steam. Staying true to current trends, if nothing else. There's just no artistry anymore.

Vatnik Wumao
gameplay is less important than "muh art"

What a fag.
Nice strawman, bro.

What strawman. You said that good gameplay is meaningles without decent art+writing. That implies that in your eyes the "artistic" part of a game is of bigger importance to a game's quality and value than the aspects that make it a game.
Or are you also unable to understand your own statements?
They're both integral. The fact that most people fall into the camps of storyfag or combatfag is just a consequence of the need for coping in lack of RPGs which are all around good.

Radiane

Cipher
It´s difficult to nail it down to one thing, also because any negative points I think of seem so insignificant… so what I hate most is that I have to wait for the release :eek::argh:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW: just because you guys think any dark setting in any art is superior it doesn't mean it's better than any other style of art, it's just taste, I actually like cheerful and colorful tone of DOS EE rather than dark and gloomy setting of BTIVDC

It's because of retarded ideas like this that we can't have nice things.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Just watched the stream. It uses 5e, piece of garbage disrespectful system.

There is a reason people love PF:K and NWN1 because they both use 3.5 the superior system.

Oh and get this it doesn't have alignment. No alignment on a Baldur's gate game? You could see the SHAME on Svens face as he had to answer questions and show that sub par product. Just shameful. It was a shameful display.

Vatnik Wumao
Just watched the stream. It uses 5e, piece of garbage disrespectful system.

There is a reason people love PF:K and NWN1 because they both use 3.5 the superior system.

Oh and get this it doesn't have alignment. No alignment on a Baldur's gate game? You could see the SHAME on Svens face as he had to answer questions and show that sub par product. Just shameful. It was a shameful display.
Very shamefuru disprayu. We should petition Larian to have Sven commit harakiri in another stream. I'd join a BG3 'dex fundraiser for that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom