Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 hate thread

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
looks like a total-conversion mod for one of the D:OS games. Big meh.

I'm still interested enough to give it a chance, tho, but now I'm more interested in Kingmaker 2.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Here's to all the haters and losers, incline won this time but nice try. Low energy, very sad!
5a2ec8541600002100c4f40d.jpeg

Sacibengala

Prophet
But what the fuck is 5e? I don't know what that is.
Never played tabletop D&D, but if you have the time and patience:

Way too many monsters that are just some animal's head slapped in the body of a human or another animal.

5E is a good edition. The problem lies with the horde of teen imbeciles that comes with it, that believe the rules are gospel and think that every character needs to be a superhero. In the end the system permits that, but it is not mandatory.

Farewell into the night

What I like: TB, rolls, cinematics (they're unecessary, tho), detailed character models (that is also unecessary).
What I don't like: everything else.

It still can give me a good dose of entertainment, but overall it feels like a blasphemy.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
sequel to a 20 years old game and it's not even the same devs
prepare your grognard ass for people saying "dude I love BG" and never playing the old games. it's FO3 all over again

My roommate's smooth brained wife already does this because of the Dark Alliance games. Fucking casuals man.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Gotta love this little discussion of why D&D5 is bad that people who never played D&D or any tabletop are having ITT. Quintessentially codexian discourse.
My kneejerk reaction to what I've read about 5e is that it's too :balance:

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
So, 5 pages already?

OP leaving the main thread to start this one somehow reminds me of that time when Romero left Id to make Daikatana, but I'm not sure why.

All anyone cares about in the main thread is arguing rtwp vs tb and screaming TB IS INCLINE at the top of their lungs while ignoring every other aspect of the game. At least people are talking about different things in here

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
So, 5 pages already?

OP leaving the main thread to start this one somehow reminds me of that time when Romero left Id to make Daikatana, but I'm not sure why.
I did what i did because it's the right thing to do. These developers need to respect the culture behind the series. Making a reskin using the name is disrespectful to the fans, to the industry it inspired, and to the original developers who put their hard work and passion into it.Swen taking the name and throwing everything else away is like saying "Sure, BG series was great and we love it, but also everything in it sucks and I can make it way better. Let's throw all this stuff away."

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm ambivalent to this BG3. I don't know what I'm looking at. It would be like another writer taking over a sequel to the Goonies (calling it Goonies 2) and then making it about a bunch of newfags taking on the Fratelli mafia. And then completely missing the tone of a Steven Spielberg film.

:??

Peachcurl

Cipher
I don't hate anything about this. Sure, there's some things that could be improved (dialog) and I really hope they fix some of the stuff that was broken in D:OS2 while they are at it (combat, some AI problems). But hate? Nah, that would require a stronger emotional attachment. BG's been out there long enough for a soothing bit of amnesia to kick in. Even my last replay is 6 or 7 years ago. That leaves a clean slate where I am concerned. If I have to include any past experiences at all, I'd rather see this as a good chance to receive a D:OS-like game, but with much improved world building. Fine with me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom