Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear available for pre-order, coming March 31st

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Amber Scott; Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear; Beamdog

Beamdog have announced that their upcoming Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion is now available for pre-order from Beamdog's website, with a release date of March 31, 2016. Amber Scott excitedly explains in the latest post on the Beamblog:

The time is nigh. Soon, the Siege begins!

I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to finally share this news. Imagine how excited a single person can be and then multiply it by SIX. We’re taking pre-orders on the Siege of Dragonspear site right now for Siege of Dragonspear. Yes, NOW. But that’s not all. Oh, no, there’s much more goodness to be had.

Right now you can pre-order Siege (or Siege plus Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition if you don’t own it on Beamdog already). OR you can pre-order the Siege of Dragonspear Digital Deluxe Edition, which comes with the soundtracks for Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, and Siege of Dragonspear all in mp3 and FLAC format.

Or…

YOU CAN ORDER THE COLLECTOR’S EDITION.
    WE HAVE A COLLECTOR’S EDITION.

Ahem. Sorry, got a little carried away there.

The Collector’s Edition includes the Digital Deluxe content and so much more. I mean, look at this thing.

Snazzy dice! Manuals you can hold in your actual human* hands! Collectible coin! Dragonspear amulet! We’re over the moon that we’re able to offer this amazing box set for our fans, and we hope you are too.

Important details: Siege of Dragonspear is a Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition expansion; to play it you must have the base Enhanced Edition game. Our pre-orders are for the version releasing on beamdog.com, so if you don’t have Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition on beamdog.com, you’ll have to purchase it there as well. Your game (and soundtracks, if you pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe or Collector's Edition) will be available to download on March 31, 2016.
    A look at the Beamdog store reveals that the expansion's fancy physical Collector's Edition costs a whopping $130, the Digital Deluxe edition is priced at $40, and the standard edition is $20. Note that both the latter two don't include the $20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition base game, which makes the pricing of the Digital Deluxe edition seem a bit weird, if you ask me. Anyway, Beamdog are going to be doing another Siege of Dragonspear demonstration on Twitch today, so stay tuned.

• Racist x 6
    • Brofist x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. cherry blossom Arcane

cherry blossom
    I haven't been tracking this game at all and looking at the screenshots now, I'll take a moment to marvel at what had been accomplished in 15 years since the last Baldur's Gate game; the fuck is this blurry and pixelated mess? How did they manage to make it look so much worse than the original games?

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Tao Learned

Tao
    So i can`t buy this alone, i can't buy this if i have the GoG/Steam version, and the minimun price is about 40$... Did i read wrong? What a way to shoot youserlf in the foot imo.

I was going to give it a chance day one, now i`ll wait.

^ Top  
  4. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It'll be available on Steam on day one. This is a pre-order.

^ Top  
  5. Decado Prestigious Gentleman Old time handsome face wrecker Patron

Decado
    Codex 2014
    Does anyone give a single shit about this game?

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 4
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    *checks chart*

Nope.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    :drink:

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    They're also charging $20 shipping!!
    :x

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. Tao Learned

Tao
    But i still need the BG:EE?

^ Top  
  10. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    I predict it is going to be a huge hit. Also, it will be better than PoE. Looks better than anything else released since IWD imo.

• retadred x 7
    • Funny x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Yes, hopefully it will be on sale.

(but I expect they want to try to make as much money as possible and it won't be 75% off as it has been in the past)

• :M :M x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. SausageInYourFace Codexian Sausage Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Okay, so I have not been following this at all. Is there any way to import a save from the original vanilla BG? Or do I need a BG:EE save?

• retadred retadred x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    BG:EE only.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    lulz it's $45 to ship to Europe.

Good luck with that, Scroogedog.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    spoiler: it won't

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Monstroterratum Furiosum Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    $130 + shipping. Uh, thanks, but no, thanks.

I am however hopeful that SoD might have a physical release here in Potatoland, like BG:EE had. For a fraction of the $$ cost too.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    ^ Top  
  17. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Make your own physical release.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Rean Codex Grammar Police Patron

Rean
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Their pricing does seem quite retarded. It's usually a given that you get some kind of discount bundle that includes the main and its expansion. I'm interested to see if the writing in this is as good as MCA says it is, but I'm not keen on spending full price on both this and the original BG, which is a bit of a turd.

^ Top  
  19. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Just get the swedish release.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Tito Anic Magister

Tito Anic
    Will wait for release and then i will decide if i will play it. Need to watch more lets plays first, but i would not lie - nostalgia fag is strong in me:dealwithit:

^ Top  
  21. Irenaeus III Unwanted Shitposter

Unwanted
    :d1p:

^ Top  
  22. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    I do not even agree with you here. I will be sure to preorder this.
    And make fun of PoE fanboys like you when the game turns out superior :)

^ Top  
  23. sstacks Arcane

sstacks
    Everyone's griping and then there will be a total feeding frenzy when it releases. I love the Codex :P

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Shin Savant

Shin
    So did they get a bunch of the original voice actors for this? Is Edwin in it?

^ Top  
  25. Bester Arcane Patron Vatnik

Bester
    I don't think so. There was no Edwin voice in teasers/trailers.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)