Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Update #1: $850k raised, in-engine footage coming soon

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Infinitron, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Bard's Tale IV; Brian Fargo; InXile Entertainment; Matt Findley

After its first 32 hours of funding, The Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter campaign has raised over $850,000 from over 20,000 backers. By my estimation, that puts it somewhere in between Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Eternity/Torment in terms of funding success. It seems, however, that inXile are intent on drawing out that first day rush for as long as they can. In the game's very first Kickstarter update, Brian Fargo reveals that they plan on showing some Bard's Tale IV "in engine footage", not near the end of the campaign as some may have expected, but within the next few days:

Once again you have come through with a smashing first day. We are just 11 hours into the campaign and have already achieved 50% of Kickstarter goal for the Bard's Tale IV. I must also thank my many industry friends who have supported us through their social media campaigns. This list extends to our so called competition like Obsidian, Larian, Harebrained, Cryptozoic, Otherworld, Portalairum, Razer and so many others. The concept of game companies supporting each other in such a grand scale was unheard of many years ago. Our relationships have grown closer with you and the development community, the way it always should have been. Our 24 hour promotion for free copies of Wasteland 2, or The Witcher, or The Witcher 2 continues on until 6am PST tomorrow morning, so make sure to tell your friends before it runs out. With Wasteland 2, we're happy to have people enjoy the fruits of our first Kickstarter campaign as a company as we hope to keep these going for a long time to come.

Upcoming Prototype Footage!

We have some great surprises in store for you over the next month, the biggest of which is in engine footage for Bard's Tale IV. We're feverishly working to clean up a few more things, but it will be ready in the very near future. It's over 3 minutes long and should give you a good sense of what the world will feel like. I hope you are as impressed with it as I am, so look for it this week.

Tiers and Add-Ons

Our team is reading all of your comments and direct messages. Please keep them coming! We've seen a large demand for a tier that contains the Premier Collector's Edition as well as the Album style box, along with a few other goodies. For this reason, we added the $230 Tier, where you get both boxes as well as Alpha Access and all kinds of digital goodies. As well, we introduced our first Add-On, an extra digital copy of The Bard's Tale 4. This can be added on to any pledge of $20 or more. The details of which are on the bottom of the Kickstarter page.

Much More to Come!

This is just the beginning. Along with the video, we've got some great concept images and a few other surprises along the way that should please fans, both seasoned and new. We're so glad to have you along for the ride...
    Furthermore, in an additional update, inXile second-in-command Matt Findley informs us that the offer of a free copy of Wasteland 2, Witcher 1 or Witcher 2 has been extended an additional 24 hours. Will that be enough to push the campaign over its goal on its second day? I'm not sure, but I doubt it'll be much longer after that.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Looks like the $20 Early Bird tier has run out, so they added 10,000 $25 tier slots.

^ Top  
  3. eric__s ass hater Developer

eric__s
    It's starting to look less and less like Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space 2.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  4. Country_Gravy Arcane Patron

Country_Gravy
    Wasteland 2
    I hope this gets lots of funding so I can play my $20 GOTY edition a year after release. On a console.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Pirata Alma Negra Learned

Pirata Alma Negra
    How many millian had PoE/Torment after two days?

^ Top  
  6. Curious_Tongue Larpfest Patron

Curious_Tongue
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
    Someone trolled Dawn off Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv/comments

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  7. Zeriel Arcane

Zeriel
    :salute:

^ Top  
  8. Curious_Tongue Larpfest Patron

Curious_Tongue

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    wtf is this nonsense?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Curious_Tongue Larpfest Patron

Curious_Tongue

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  11. Curious_Tongue Larpfest Patron

Curious_Tongue

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  12. Zeriel Arcane

Zeriel
    [​IMG]

I can't express how happy the last few posts have made me.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    I need to see a WIP video before I back this.

^ Top  
  14. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Hi Jaesun

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Oh lord, those Dawn comments are fucking gold.

^ Top  
  16. Western Arcane

Western
    Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Who the fuck is Dawn?

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  17. Zeriel Arcane

Zeriel
    Bryce

^ Top  
  18. theSavant Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    I was just interested in similar questions. kicktraq says...

Planescape NumaNuma:
    day 1: 1500K (funded)
    day 2: 2000K

Wasteland 2 was less:
    day 1 = 500K
    day 2 = 1000K (funded)

Interesting for Wasteland 2 is, that it took almost 10 days from 1 million to 1.5 million. So the momentum has slown remarkeably after 1 million. Currently it looks the same with Bards Tale 4. It has already gone into the slow phase, which means it can take a week until it gets funded. Luckily the huge part is already done.

^ Top  
  19. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Be aware that Kicktraq is misleading, since it doesn't count time from the launch of the campaign. If the campaign started in the middle of the day, the "first day" will be less than 24 hours of funding.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Wait, they moved the prototype video around AGAIN? FFS!

[​IMG]

SHOW ME THE VIDEO THEN!

^ Top  
  21. JAG Novice Patron

JAG
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    For Torment they reached 900k in the first 6 hours, from the first kickstarter update:

"You’ve got to be freaking kidding me!! We just funded in six hours!?!?! "

^ Top  
  22. theSavant Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    LOL@hyping up the people... "ZOMGOMGOMGOMG THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING!!! THIS IS THE SHIT!!! THE GAMECHANGER!! YOU MUST SEE IT!! MUST SEE!!! ZOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG...."

:kwanzania:

---------- "but you can't see it until tomorrow "

^ Top  
  23. Transfiguring Roar Arcane Patron

Transfiguring Roar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I can't believe he's trying to con us with graphics...

Surely he hasn't run out of tricks or aces up his sleeve!

^ Top  
  24. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    I will suicide myself if the video doesn't rock

^ Top  
  25. toro Arcane

toro
    Can you stream it?

^ Top