Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Update #14: Party Size Increased, Touch Points Document

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
5 players aren't compatible with the 4 console controller knobs... so they just killed a possible console port and all the possible profit?

I've read, that in BT1 the companion NPCs couldn't be controlled in battles, so the original 4+1 setup was still 4 buttons compatible.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
5 players aren't compatible with the 4 console controller knobs... so they just killed a possible console port and all the possible profit?

I've read, that in BT1 the companion NPCs couldn't be controlled in battles, so the original 4+1 setup was still 4 buttons compatible.
You just switch dudes with L1 and R1 or the left stick since you can't move in combat anyway

Dehumanizer

Educated
I'd rather have 6 PCs + up to 2 NPCs (so the latter can interact with each other, since games aren't good at making NPCs interact with PCs unless one of them is the "chosen one" (e.g. Bioware, or PS:T), which doesn't happen here (at least, I hope so -- I'd be extremely disappointed if, say, the first character slot is reserved for the "chosen one", who must be a bard...), but any increase is an improvement.

I still haven't heard anything about whether they'll keep one of my favorite features from BT 1-3 (and also Wizardry 1-3 and 5, and the Etrian Odyssey games): the possibility of, at any time, going to the adventurer's guild, removing a character from your party and having him rest there, and adding another character from the roster, which can even be a newly created level 1 PC. I loved the possibilities that came from this, and this is why I never liked Dungeon Master clones (Eye of the Beholder, Grimrock, etc.), where you only create characters before you begin the game, anywhere as much.

Last edited:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The more I look at my tier level (Supreme box collector) the more I'm inclined to lower it to the signed Collector's level and then add-on an Album. The reliquary box is actually kind of... meh to me. It's not exactly unique in any way and it can't even keep the collector's and album box in it. I know, I know the whole idea is to help fund this thing but the cost-benefit ratio is way out of proportion even for my collecting tastes. I would save almost $250 and still get the two display boxes I really want on my collector's shelf. Also, if DarkUnderlord ever decides to do a Codex fundraiser so Crooked Bee can design a puzzle I'd rather those erxtra $$$ go to that... :obviously:

Dorateen

Arcane
I still haven't heard anything about whether they'll keep one of my favorite features from BT 1-3 (and also Wizardry 1-3 and 5, and the Etrian Odyssey games): the possibility of, at any time, going to the adventurer's guild, removing a character from your party and having him rest there, and adding another character from the roster, which can even be a newly created level 1 PC. I loved the possibilities that came from this, and this is why I never liked Dungeon Master clones (Eye of the Beholder, Grimrock, etc.), where you only create characters before you begin the game, anywhere as much.

I also enjoy running multiple parties in a game. Having a core team for the primary adventure, and then a back up roster of other characters to be sent on lesser missions to help the party. The class quests in Might & Magic II was tailored to this style perfectly, but also used "fetchers" in the Gold Box games and Demise: Ascension, as other examples. So I too have been wondering about the functionality of the Adventurer's Guild. If we can make additional characters that can be swapped out, it might somewhat mitigate the less than 6 party structure.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
the possibility of, at any time, going to the adventurer's guild, removing a character from your party and having him rest there, and adding another character from the roster, which can even be a newly created level 1 PC
With this feature it would be possible to enjoy all classes in one gameplay or just testing them if ya ain´t sure which one to choose.
:greatjob:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"5 players aren't compatible with the 4 console controller knobs... so they just killed a possible console port and all the possible profit?"

FUCK OFF.

Consoles have been doing fine with big character parties for years.

Darkzone

Arcane
The more I look at my tier level (Supreme box collector) the more I'm inclined to lower it to the signed Collector's level and then add-on an Album. The reliquary box is actually kind of... meh to me. It's not exactly unique in any way and it can't even keep the collector's and album box in it. I know, I know the whole idea is to help fund this thing but the cost-benefit ratio is way out of proportion even for my collecting tastes. I would save almost $250 and still get the two display boxes I really want on my collector's shelf. Also, if DarkUnderlord ever decides to do a Codex fundraiser so Crooked Bee can design a puzzle I'd rather those erxtra $$$ go to that... :obviously:
You will keep you pledge, or i will... i will ... i ... i will spam you with stupid comments. [/joke]
No think different. Sooner or later you will meet this guys again and they will nethertheless sign your boxes. And think how good that will look good on your shelf, if you have have this boxes within a chest and beside this chest is a drinking horn, where it is written with golden letters Fire Horn, then in ogham letters DRBR and written in english beneath the ogham writing it is written "Dragon Breath". And do not forget to let inXile sign the fire horn.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also, if DarkUnderlord ever decides to do a Codex fundraiser so Crooked Bee can design a puzzle I'd rather those erxtra $$$ go to that... :obviously:
Every time I've asked about doing a fundraiser for this, there's never been enough interest.

Do it anyway and if there isn't enough money interest take what was donated and put it towards the '15 Codex Slush Fund. I imagine once it got started it would generate enough interest for us to get at least to the puzzle tier.

Weasel
admit it mindx2, you just want a video of DU unboxing those xount speaker things in the outback...

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
Ok, I am also in with 10$, but notifying how, if and when the fundraiser gona start is super important!
I don´t want to run behind the administration !!! (too much negative experience in real life!)

DarkArcher

Educated
If my characters aren't actively displayed on screen I think they should have gone with a party of 8.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, it looks like the BT4 universe is going to have factions and locations directly based on real-life ones:

Caith = Scotland
Lestras = England ("Caith's neighbor to the south and often its enemy, the Kingdom of Lestras is the home of the Lestradae, a culturally homogenous people, united under one religion and one king, but strongly divided by class.")
Wilds of Lestras = Scottish Marches ("The border between Caith and Lestras is wild country. It is home to outcasts from both countries")
Einaar = Norsemen ("The castle of the High Jarl of the Einarr.")
Fecti = ?

Picts! http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...e-kickstarter-live.95694/page-66#post-4012096

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
What picts may look like

swf+picts+tribe+painted.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom