Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Update #56: Director's Cut First Look - Delayed to Late Summer

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: David Rogers; InXile Entertainment; Krome Studios; The Bard's Tale; The Bard's Tale II: The Destiny Knight; The Bard's Tale III: Thief of Fate; The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep

You might remember that The Bard's Tale IV was supposed to receive a Director's Cut update in June. Well, we're in June now but apparently it's still not ready. According to today's Kickstarter update, the new release window for the Director's Cut is "late summer". It is far along enough to offer us a first look though, including a glimpse at the new Royal Necropolis of Haernhold high level area.

Release Update

Hi everyone, work on the Director’s Cut is going very well, and we’re excited to share more about our progress today. As you’re aware, we were acquired by Microsoft late last year, and they’ve been a truly amazing partner, providing us access to new resources and refinement processes, and allowing us to take the time we want to ensure we make this the definitive edition of The Bard’s Tale IV. The good news is that the wait won’t be that much longer, as we’re targeting late summer for a release of the Director’s Cut on Windows, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

We’ll be sharing more news on specific dates in the near future, but for now here is a video on the changes from the game’s Creative Director, David Rogers, detailing what you’ll find in this new Director’s Cut.

The Bard’s Tale Trilogy Update

We also have some news regarding The Bard’s Tale Trilogy for Mac gamers. Since launch, we’ve seen that Linux users have been able to play the game with minimal fuss, using methods like Steam’s Proton service. On the other hand, Mac users have not been able to play the game, so we are pleased to announce that we have made the additional investment to develop a Mac version. Krome is currently working on some additional updates for The Bard’s Tale Trilogy, and will begin work on the Mac version later this summer. All of you, Windows, Mac, and Linux, will be getting these additional Bard’s Tale Trilogy enhancement updates free of charge.

Stay Tuned!

As we noted above, we’ll have a release date for the The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut soon, so be on the lookout for another update!
    What does late summer mean, sometime around September? Maybe they're saving the announcement of the exact date for the Microsoft press conference at E3.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Sacibengala Learned

Sacibengala
    Yeah, whatever then.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. HanoverF Arcane Patron

HanoverF
    MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Microsoft's money well spent.

• Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  4. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Looking forward to this... still not too keen on the “bypass puzzles” song but otherwise everything else looks amazing

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Director's Cut turned Wasteland 2 from a good game with tons of annoying shit into a masterpiece. Then again Numenera remained a comically overwritten pile of pretentious hogwash even after all the patches and updates. C'mon inXile don't fuck it up with BT4.

• Brofist x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Bundle fodder.

^ Top  
  7. Nifft Batuff Learned

Nifft Batuff
    It can wait another year or so... I still have to play a lot of patched/finally beta tested/DC/revised versions of the 2016-17 games. 2018 games are not yet ripe enough.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Ovplain Arcane

Ovplain
    Backed it, still haven't played it. So I'll play this then, good.

^ Top  
  9. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I really hope they port the original games into IOS; they would be perfect for portable

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)