Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bard's Tale IV will get cheaper if enough people wishlist it on Steam and GOG

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Eh. Probably will buy the original remakes, instead of this thing.
The remakes are fucking good but you should also give this a try man, it looks good and most importantly FUN

Also, after the hissy fit supposed blobber fans had with MMX, ensuring it was trashed and unsuccessful, I don't see any other non-super indy studios attempting to make a blobber if BT4 fails. Its funny that the biggest enemy of crpgs and blobbers are the people that are supposedly like these games. Yet, all their actions do is ensure there are fewer and fewer of them, and we get more and more children-core console games with no depth, complexity, or thinking.

If you want more of something - you have to support those somethings that come out. MMX, regardless of it fit into what you, specifically wanted or thought a M&M sequel should be, gave us another blobber and another real crpg to have. BT4 will do the same. Is it my ideal crpg or blobber? No. But it is far, far, far closer to it than the filthy console games for retarded idiots that modern nuCodexers value and slurp up with love.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Its funny that the biggest enemy of crpgs and blobbers are the people that are supposedly like these games.
All the devs need to do is create a good game. It's not rocket science.
If you want more of something - you have to support those somethings that come out.
I want more good blobbers, emphasis on good. If you see one, let me know.

If your actions lead to less blobbers, or no blobbers, your actions hurt your goal.

You want devs to make your perfect game - it isn't going to happen. I can tear all my favorite games apart about how they did so much wrong, so much I would do different, but I'd own zero games if I didn't enjoy a game for what it is and what it did well and what it did give me that I like.

I support crpgs - even ones I don't like or don't think I'll like - because they are far too few for me not to if I want more of them. I'm not a general gamer - without rpgs or games with heavy rpg elements I have nothing to play.

Am I ever hypocritical about this? Maybe.

I wanted Sword Coast Legend to fail because they advertised it as a specific edition of D&D and completely made up their own system that would be easy for retards, children, retarded-children, and people who dislike real rpgs to understand. But I consider SCL to be in the same genre as Dungeon Siege - games I don't want made and don't want people to lilke. Just hands-off, no thinking required, rpg-lite tripe for monkey people who dislike actual rpgs and crpgs. If these games were never made I lose out on nothing.

I dislike a lot about what BT4 is doing, like not having full party gen right at the beginning, and just adding in the ability to create a full party like its throwing a bone to us and many, many, other things. But, at the end of the day I am still buying it, and will still enjoy it despite its subjective faults, and the crpg and blobber community with be richer for it having been made. And if enough people are sane enough to do the same, there may be a BT5 with less shit to complain about in the future, or other blobbers made by non-super indy studios, maybe an MMXI I will complain about because it has the shitty combat of 6-9 instead of the good combat that WoX and 10 had.

Shadenuat

Arcane
One of biggest MM fans on Codex gave it a pretty glowing review by Codex standards, not sure what r u talking about.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There might. There might not. Until I see a new RPG I think I'll enjoy, I'll stick to playing old RPGs I think I'll enjoy. I have plenty of those left yet. For the record, I'm still interested in BT4.

Roqua

Prospernaut
There might. There might not. Until I see a new RPG I think I'll enjoy, I'll stick to playing old RPGs I think I'll enjoy. I have plenty of those left yet. For the record, I'm still interested in BT4.

Well, you could consider us old guys that have played all the old ones to death and want some new shit. Keep in mind - if the crpg bug has gripped you, one day you'll catch up to us and not have any games left to play. If you are a general gamer and don't specifically like or care about crpgs, or a console gamer that incorrectly thinks they like rpgs, you'll always have plenty of old and new games to play. But if not, your well will run dry.

Just imagine if people that claimed to like rpgs supported Troika instead of having hissy fits and shitting over each of their games when they came out over a couple bugs and not being BG-clones - we'd have a bunch more great crpgs to play and our community would be richer for it.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's too bad that you've run out of RPGs, but I (who, mind you, have played a lot of RPGs already; I'm no teenager either) have years if not decades' worth of RPGs to try that look to be of the same quality, or higher, than Bard's Tale 4. Besides, you and I have different tastes in RPGs. I may buy BT4, but I'd rather spend my money - and more significantly, time - on Realms Beyond, Copper Dreams, The New World, Grimoire or the BT remasters, to name a few new examples.

Obviously I'll much sooner buy this than any triple A action title. That should go without saying.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's too bad that you've run out of RPGs, but I (who, mind you, have played a lot of RPGs already; I'm no teenager either) have years if not decades' worth of RPGs to try that look to be of the same quality, or higher, than Bard's Tale 4. Besides, you and I have different tastes in RPGs. I may buy BT4, but I'd rather spend my money - and more significantly, time - on Realms Beyond, Copper Dreams, The New World, Grimoire or the BT remasters, to name a few new examples.

Obviously I'll much sooner buy this than any triple A action title. That should go without saying.
For shame if you like old school RPGs and you have not bought Grimoire

But I do agree with you, for example my gaming PC is getting a bit long on the tooth, on the balancing point between playing on high and medium settings for most modern games like Resident Evil 7 and by all signs I might play Resident Evil 2 Remake and Sekiro on medium... but other than those games I don’t see myself very interested in most AAA high spec demanding games
I have a hugeeee backlog of great games, plus I replay the Dark Souls & Stalker games at least every six months so between that and the odd session of New Vegas, Witcher games or Bloodlines (plus the older games in my laptop) I could spend the day rest of my life happily with the games I have so far

Back on topic, I really like how Bard’s Tale 4 is looking because it looks and plays unique and I truly hope it does well because we need diversity and games like blobbers to have something good every once in awhile. Probably the genre will never be mainstream if we get studf like Grimoire, Grimrock, MMX and now BT4 every couple of years I will be well served

Darkzone

Arcane
I wanted Sword Coast Legend to fail because they advertised it as a specific edition of D&D and completely made up their own system that would be easy for retards, children, retarded-children, and people who dislike real rpgs to understand. But I consider SCL to be in the same genre as Dungeon Siege - games I don't want made and don't want people to lilke. Just hands-off, no thinking required, rpg-lite tripe for monkey people who dislike actual rpgs and crpgs. If these games were never made I lose out on nothing.
I didn't wanted them to fail, but it was obvious that they will, because of what they have done. Sadly this has lead to the fact that we still don't have a decent DnD 5E cRPG. Nevertheless i have still supported them, because of the chance that we could have had a good 5E game.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I'll wait for the "inXile will make BT4 good if..." scheme.

What do they want for that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom