Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Barkley 2 - the new Codex vaporware champion

Jinn

Arcane
Luv u Eric. Sometimes it's hard to be a true gamer, but I understand what it means. I look forward to the 2019 release!

buffalo bill

Arcane
Barkley 2: Another Fantastic Week

It's been AT LEAST a few fortnights since we talked last, and honestly I planned on it being a little longer because our updates always suck nards. But then some twitter fellow caught me with a response and I said "I PROMISE" to send an update. So here we are.

daab6339f1f47d0c434cfa57ba1332d5_original.gif

Unlike Jean-Marc, B2 development hasn't completely derailed. Yet...
THE DEVELOPMENT CONTINUES!
So you all might remember Laz, the Wyld Finn, and his disturbing cavalcade of horrible game ideas. Well, we've given him a bigger role in the project, so Barkley is starting to veer off course and into a realm where gam3r pride and g4mer self-loathing painfully crisscross. Laz is working on a Legenday Dojo set a top the mountains, and also the mind-boggling puzzles you must complete to gain entrance to said Dojo. These puzzles of course, the machinations of the diabolical Fary-kin of Necron 7.

High atop "Gilbert's Peak" are other sinful dangers. Such as the Mythical and MystiKal Jalapeno Stags, abbreviated to "'peno Stags." These enigmatic beasts seem to lumber across the ice-capped ranges of N7's southern regions, and then suddenly, vanish into the cold fog that persists as such high altitudes. To battle the 'peno Stag is to stare down the Red Face of F.A.T.E. itself.

f345734796b68b4e9b72153452de867f_original.gif

'Peno Stags are wild beasts filled with cruelty and malice.
Then there's the Mines, where you must sneak around and execute certain secret plans for an enigmatic secret someone to obtain an item shrouded in mystery...

0f5ab09d0dbb87e944176cd17c5eb3b0_original.png

Drink colloidal silver to gain Blueface and bamboozle the Duergs.

OH YEAH WE ADDED FISHING
So now you can fish in the game. What does it get you? Well, more gun's of course. WHY would you do it? Well there is no reason at all to do it because videogames are meaningless. We're glad we added it. You'll love/hate it, too.

b9ea3ad16ebce53bf20fb158b915b408_original.png

Will you catch the "Ultermate" Lunker?
BOSSES
We also started adding some punk-ass bosses like Catfish Queen, Doppelkuwanger, the B.A.B.B.Y. System, and Running Mantis. Each offers their own puzzling combat design for players to decipher not only how to overcome but also to consider why we made such bold and rambunctious gameplay notions in the first place.

554c377d8bda18b2d546d95e71fe8cc4_original.png

Use your enemies tricks against them.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE WORKING ON
Ever feel like a character is yapping too much? Maybe it's your 5th playthrough seeing the same cinema / dialog again? Or perhaps you're simply sick of whatever it is that you see on the screen? Worry not! B2 has a cinema fast-forwarding feature to make your gaming experience slightly more tolerable.

45acc13f82dcea5bf63ea1d397b44035_original.gif

Custom Anti-Yapper System.

The tutorial is more or less done. This dramatic opening sets the stage for the tribulations of X114JAM9 and we gave a diaper-filler teaser of it on twitter a few months ago. We're pretty happy with the DARK UNDERTONES of the opening scene and I think some of the more... dark-minded gamerkin will feel the same.

Wait a fortnight more and we'll drop some more B2 on ya. There seriously is a lot we are adding.

Remember: you can't rush quantity.

b496497410daca37c4e6e20252e92e64_original.png

sexualroofer6 sends his regards.

There's also a video that I couldn't figure out how to embed.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I assume their goal is that development takes long enough that the Space Jam theme becomes public domain.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
537537e023.png

Game's going on five years overdue, there are still precious few updates, and the latest update (from a full year ago) mentions that the tutorial is "more or less done". The tutorial. :lol:

I don't expect a public "straight talk" ever, in fact I'd be disappointed. Have you tried private messaging? eric__s is right there, maybe he will tell you secrets behind closed doors.

I ask him every time he appears in the Shoutbox, and he never says a word, always fully evading the topic. It's a computer game. What's so secret it can only be shared in PMs? Is he working on it or not? It's a simple question. (Hint: He isn't.)

I'm glad this thread finally got a richly-deserved vaporware tag, though.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
They took all the money from the kickstarter and invested it into bitcoin, making themselves a ton of money while completely giving up on ever finishing the game. Instead they lead people along with these insincere, patronizing updates that obscure a lack of progress with their usual tired "humor," safe in the lack of accountability offered by kickstarter. Especially insulting is the amount of these various low level "gamejam" games that they continue to release, all told probably taking up hundreds of hours that they could have been spending working on the game they've been paid to make. They should be sued.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom