Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah I think the price is fair to be honest. If someone wants to pay more, buy the DLC for a friend or something.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Question:
I think these guys DESERVE our support not just because of the quality of the game, but also because they have actual balls and morals. I'm referring to the fact that they gave zero fucks about the bullshit that was thrown sser's way and rehired the guy for the DLC AFAIK. So yeah. Take my money for making a good game, and take MORE money for standing up for a guy who was victim of a fucking witchunt.

What exactly happen? Did sser was revealed as true
melon fucker
in real life or something? Fill me up senpais.

Do not reveal:
As far as we can see they weren't concocting some devilish conspiracy to trick us at our expense.

not out of deception obviously

Now. lets be serious for a moment. They are Krauts so its only safe to assume evil intentions because Krauts do all bad things on purpose. A Kraut making good things is not even accident or mistake its a
fucking miracle!! And never happen in real life anyway.

So what are their true colors? Wanting to make a profit and be able to continue making games?

German colors! I try to warn you about perfidious Krauts but you didn't listen!!
And you from all people should know that making profit from game is not bad thing but making games to make profit is what is a cancer that eat this industry. Next time you will defend gacha shit and loot boxes in single player games. Shame on you Alien man.

Playing with 18 men frontline and its really good.
Is this now an option to have 18 people in a fight at once?

You wish. Its possible that new version will have this 'exploit' fixed so enjoy it when you can. Its not like you don't need older files to make it work with current version too. Devs are more interested in rooting fun from the game that from rooting bugs.
Well what you expect from a German.
Anyway I highly recommend it. It really change tempo of the game(not really for the better but make for a different gameplay). I miss some more additional space for reserves tho.
To be honest I have some fun with the game right now and its much less frustrating to play.

Last edited:

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Lay off the spoiler tags bro, they not good for you

But they are here for a reason.
They hide the things you are not supposed to be taken seriously.
And so we have some nice discussion here.
Nice discussion here.
Now that is a nice joke.
Haha.
I blame a Krauts for this.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://battlebrothersgame.com/dev-blog-109-the-kraken/
Dev Blog #109: The Kraken
Jaysen No comments
We round off our collection of new opponents for the upcoming ‘Beasts & Exploration’ DLC with the introduction of our largest enemy yet. It’s a giant beast, a creature that has lived throughout the ages and is at the very top of the food chain. Unleash the Kraken!

The Kraken
As an attentive connoisseur of last week’s release date announcement (November 29th!), something might have caught your attention: There’s three fearsome boss type enemies coming. Each one is guarding a different legendary location, and as it so happens, one of them is the Kraken. We’re not going to spoil the other two in dev blogs, but we’re taking a closer look at the tentacled horror today as an example of what to expect.

The Kraken is a remnant of a different era. Its age numbers in millennia, and it has spent much of its life slumbering beneath the surface of the swamp it inhabits. The tentacled horror is myth and a legend that few have seen with their own eyes, and people have been born and grown old living atop a slumbering Kraken, for it awakens only every few years to feast. The Kraken has countless tentacles that stretch on forever below the surface, and each tentacle has a dim light to lure prey. Those lights are the origin of many a tale; in the thick fog of the swamp, Irrlichts, or ghost lights, promise company and a warming fire, only to lead men to their doom. Worse still, the tentacles will wrap around their prey, crush them and drag them through the muddy water into the gaping maw of the Kraken, where they will meet a gruesome end.

The Kraken is firmly situated in late game territory. It’s an opponent to test your veteran party against, and quite possibly the end of many an ironman run. Most of the Kraken is below the surface when fighting it, and you can only guess as to its actual size. Individual tentacles reach all over the map, and they will disappear into the mud and water of the swamp only to appear again at another place. As the Kraken feeds, a many-toothed maw will slowly rise from below the waterline to gorge itself.

From the perspective of this giant beast, your group of tiny mercenaries is but food, and so it will start combat by moving its tentacles to wrap around your men and drag them towards its maw to feed. Being dragged through the swamp is a hellish ride, and your men better start attempting to free themselves along the way by hacking at the tentacle that holds them tight. Nearby brothers-in-arms can help as well. If you fail at freeing your men in time, and they end up next to the maw at the end of their turn, they’re done for. The maw will shred them mercilessly in a single turn.

If you hurt a Kraken enough, either by destroying several of its tentacles, or by injuring the head, it will get enraged and let you know with an ear-deafening roar. The Kraken understands now that this is no longer about feeding itself, but about defending itself. The tentacles show teeth and begin to snap at everything and everyone. They continue to wrap around your men and drag them towards the maw, but they do it so tight now that they slowly crush and suffocate their victim along the way, meaning that your men will lose hitpoints at every turn they end while entrapped like this.

Should you manage to beat the Kraken, you’ll not only get the treasure it guarded, but you’ll be able to craft items from its remains, and you’ll unlock it to appear as a regular albeit rare enemy in swamps across the wild for your epicly long campaign.

DLC Supporter Edition
Thanks to the overwhelmingly positive response to last week’s release date announcement, and many people expressing their desire to support us even beyond the asking price of the ‘Beasts & Exploration’ DLC, we’ve decided to also offer it as a special Supporter Edition. This Supporter Edition will be priced at $19.99 and include a new player banner and shields with a Kraken motif as a thank you from us to you.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Nice, guess I'm going for another "supporter edition". Good thing they don't take their hatred of money to the extreme of refusing the community expressed wishes of giving them more.

Barbarian

Arcane
Press left to duck, and Q to stab, and right-click to open the drop bar, and click Uninstall.

Hey bro, give us some info:

You made some very exciting comments a few pages back about writing a substantial amount of new backgrounds and character based events. How much of it will make it to release?

sser

Arcane
Developer
Press left to duck, and Q to stab, and right-click to open the drop bar, and click Uninstall.

You made some very exciting comments a few pages back about writing a substantial amount of new backgrounds and character based events. How much of it will make it to release?

I think currently something like 30 events are already done. I'm now focusing on events as the rest of the stuff (contracts, other things, etc.) have been taken care of.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

I think currently something like 30 events are already done. I'm now focusing on events as the rest of the stuff (contracts, other things, etc.) have been taken care of.

Any plans to expand upon the lore of

both Davkul and the Old Empire (Undead Faction)? Because the epic items you get related to both hint to really biiiig things...

Don't know if you read my previous post, but I'm really glad Overhype stood by you and you (you sser + Overhype) have a guaranteed Supporter buy from me.

vazha

Arcane

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't know if you read my previous post, but I'm really glad Overhype stood by you and you (you sser + Overhype) have a guaranteed Supporter buy from me.

What was this drama about? Not familiar with the story.
sser quit a writing gig for PoE 2 because of his codex history, and we all know how PoE 2 panned out.
And what's his codex history? pardon my ignorance.
Nothing much, just a handful of rightwingy posts. sser's generally pretty bro anyway.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
kraken_slain_04.jpg

New images of unique weapons(the new ones)
Polehammers
named_polehammer.jpg
Two handed maces
named_2hmace.jpg
Dueling swords
named_fencing.jpg
And image of typical thot without and with makeup
hexen_03.jpg

Also bets are open what is the next blog. My bet are for
more fucking nothing
or another boss unit(2nd from 3).

As always art is top tier.
Sexy weapons here I come.

Last edited:

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Ah, I know now how they'll introduce that boss. You travel to a small town to visit an old army mercenary friend, but the Kraken-Sheriff doesn't want you in his town:
kraken_slain_04.jpg
IriVHZn.jpg

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
>I am here to hunt.
>Hunt?
With a AX?
What do you want to hunt?
>What you have here?
schrats7.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom