Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Battle Brothers - Beasts & Exploration DLC Released

hivemind

Ironmeme is fucking retarded and makes you play some weird economic attrition simulator instead of a tactical skirmish game.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I spent almost 3 times my regular price for a game for this. It's like a modern Wizard's Crown, sort of. Do you get more combat options as you progress? I like the combat difficulty. Only a few hours in.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Also, what you think about Ironman in your new space generation game?
I think that ironman works best when you can play it safe and manage risks. In BB you can turn down contracts, avoid dangerous roaming bands, back off once you see the inhabitants of some fort or crypt, etc. At the same time there is plenty of endlessly generated content that matches your level, so you can take your time leveling up and acquiring better gear. Our design is different so I don't think ironman would be an enjoyable way to play Colony Ship. It's easy to add it but we don't want to frustrate the player more than we absolutely have to.

Thank you, anyway i can play self-imposed Ironman (i.e. not reloading after wipe and starting new).

Can you post sometimes good games you play? Kinda hard to find anything good enough in big pile of new releases (half of which are japanese stuff for sick people, or titles for 1 dollar just made for no reason at all - when i browse Steam new releases sometimes i feel like i am trying to find jewel in trash can).

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Can you post sometimes good games you play? Kinda hard to find anything good enough in big pile of new releases (half of which are japanese stuff for sick people, or titles for 1 dollar just made for no reason at all - when i browse Steam new releases sometimes i feel like i am trying to find jewel in trash can).
I'm not having much luck either. Battle Brothers is the only game released in the last 2 years that made me want to play non-stop and think of what we can do with this concept.

I'm experiencing soft locks during battles rather often (the client doesn't crash, but you can't make a single action, enemies don't move either and it becomes impossible to access the menus).
How does that work when playing in Ironman? It's a campaign down the drain or you can close the client and restart where you left?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm experiencing soft locks during battles rather often (the client doesn't crash, but you can't make a single action, enemies don't move either and it becomes impossible to access the menus).
How does that work when playing in Ironman? It's a campaign down the drain or you can close the client and restart where you left?
This is the first time I hear about such an issue. In what kind of OS are you playing? Do you have an old system?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is the first time I hear about such an issue. In what kind of OS are you playing? Do you have an old system?
Eh.
Windows 10 64 bit, i5 4650K OC to 4,2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM at 2400hz and a GTX 1070.
Nothing top of the line, sure, but I would think it should be good enough for BB.
You should be completely fine. Something's definetely up, but I have no idea how to help you. Maybe ask around in the Steam forums?

You should be completely fine. Something's definetely up, but I have no idea how to help you. Maybe ask around in the Steam forums?
I won't lie: it's pretty damn annoying. when it happens by the end of a long and challenging fight I can only find solace imagining OverHype Studios in flames.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom