Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Battle Brothers - Blazing Deserts DLC Announced

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Battle Brothers; Battle Brothers - Blazing Deserts; Overhype Studios

That's right! Nearly three years after its original release, not only is development on Battle Brothers still not over, but it's now getting its biggest DLC yet. It's called Blazing Deserts and it will add an entire new Arabian Nights-style region to the game world, featuring new environments, new enemies, new equipment, and new everything basically. Here's the announcement post:

We’re excited to announce that we’re working on another DLC for Battle Brothers called ‘Blazing Deserts’.

The focus of the DLC will be on expanding and enriching the existing world with a new land of burning deserts and lush jungles to the south. Across these lands you’ll find a unique culture loosely based on historic Arabian and Persian cultures of the medieval ages built atop the ruins of the Ancient Empire in the world of Battle Brothers. You’ll find new lore and a different political system, equipment not seen anywhere else, and fresh contracts to earn your stay with. There’ll be a new late game crisis, new legendary locations and several new beasts roaming the wilds. This DLC will be our biggest one yet for Battle Brothers.

Here’s the rough list of features we’re aiming for:
  • A realm of independent southern city-states with their own lore, equipment and services, as well as entirely new character backgrounds to recruit
  • A new late game crisis that tests the mettle of your company in the fires of religious turmoil
  • A gallery of company feats that grant permanent boons with which to customize your company to your playstyle as you progress throughout your campaign
  • A variety of new opponents with their own fighting styles – from exotic beasts to desert raiders and southern armies quite unlike those in the north
  • New environments both on the world map and in tactical combat
  • Several new origins to pick for your company for a different campaign experience
  • New banners, weapons, armors and helmets inspired by historic Arabian and Persian cultures of the medieval ages
  • New legendary locations and legendary rewards
  • New contracts and events
  • New crafting recipes for owners of the ‘Beasts & Exploration’ DLC
  • Several new music tracks by Breakdown Epiphanies to accompany you on your travels south
In addition to these major features, the DLC will also include countless smaller additions. Just like in the past, we’ll explain all major features and most minor ones in detail in future dev blogs as we go along, so you’ll always know what we’re working on and why. We expect to be finished sometime in Q2 of this year and will announce a release date and final feature list once we’re closer to the finish line.

Alongside the DLC, which will not be free, the game will also receive a sizable free update again. This update will contain a whole bunch of improvements, quality-of-life features and balancing changes, as well as some minor content additions.

Join us next week for our first dev blog on the new DLC!​

Davkul Akbar! As the announcement states, Blazing Deserts is due out sometime this spring. Clearly they've been working on it for a while.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
For a split second I thought the thread title said Blazing Desserts.

This makes much more sense than the cooking related expansion I was imagining.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Doesn't sound good to me, it's mostly just another dlc with the same things, small variants, like a cosmetic DLC.

They should try to add new mechanics and expand the game, instead they are playing the lazy game, cheap to produce DLC that doesn't offer anything really new. Mods like legends are already offering much more than this guys, now it's clear why they didn't want the community to mod the game and encrypted the files to actively fight against it.

I'm out of this train for now.

Barbarian

Arcane
German love for kebab overcomes all barriers.

A souther european themed dlc would be better I think. Still glad the game is getting more content though.

Monocause

Arcane
Doesn't sound good to me, it's mostly just another dlc with the same things, small variants, like a cosmetic DLC.

They should try to add new mechanics and expand the game, instead they are playing the lazy game, cheap to produce DLC that doesn't offer anything really new. Mods like legends are already offering much more than this guys, now it's clear why they didn't want the community to mod the game and encrypted the files to actively fight against it.

Expanding the map, new army types, new lategame conflict, company feats with bonuses and more - this isn't lazy, if you think about the implications, it's a lot work and it does offer a lot of new stuff. The feature list overshadows the two previous major DLC in terms of how it can impact the game IMO. I'd say this DLC, provided they deliver what they committed to here, is exactly what this game needs right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom