Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Reinhardt

Arcane
I hope everyone in Black Monolith will have named weapon.

Vilain Joueur

Novice
Jessica this is both a content and balance update; as you can see one common complaint was that named items were not always better than their common counterparts; the update will correct that
alternate starts is actually genius because it's not hard to code and it adds a lot of replayability; of course, you still have to go through repeatedly fighting as usual, but with more tactical options at your disposal

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I hope everyone in Black Monolith will have named weapon.
It's already the toughest fight in the game. Never managed to beat it with everyone getting out alive after DLC... .
:shredder:

I hope the unique medium armors will have such a good fatigue / protection ratio (or other nice stats, like bonus vs. ranged damage, etc.) that it's worth to wear them. They look great, but medium armor has a very small niche in BB.

Vilain Joueur

Novice
Yes, the problem with adding new types is that it reduces the chance to get other (better) ones. So named coats of plates will be harder to find. On the other hand, getting a light named armor will be less likely (though those can be used with the new Nimble).
It's as you say, medium armors are in an awkward place right now. I advocated for a new Nimble/BF like Perk to take advantage of them. Maybe we'll see something along these lines someday...

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
I advocated for a new Nimble/BF like Perk to take advantage of them. Maybe we'll see something along these lines someday...
maybe something focused around mdef so you could go full on dodge + medium armour build?

imo it would work well together because like even if you cap out mdef enemies still have a 5% chance to hit you so the medium armour comes in handy

Vilain Joueur

Novice
That's a possibility indeed. The (very) old Nimble did that.
Or they could make both Nimble and BF scale better towards medium allowing Nimble+BF builds (or just add a Perk that's more or less a combination of the two).

Nirvash

Liturgist
Old nimble builds were gamey bullshit like going cloth armor + pure hp for nearly immortality.

Medium armors can be easy fixed by giving "stats" like +10 mdef, same for some weapons.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
To be honest they could remove Battleforged perk and make it some higher quality armors grant it.

Vilain Joueur

Novice
allowing Nimble+BF builds
But it is already thing.
It was but with the old Nimble and Strong (Strong has no effect on the new Nimble). And it only worked with named medium armor because BF is not really useful with common medium armors (their durability is too low).

(when I say old Nimble, I mean pre-dlc, not the first new version that worked best with 0 Fatigue armors)

Tigranes

Arcane
Post-DLC Nimble still worked pretty well with BF, and the later patch made Naked Nimble less of a thing, right?

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I can't wait for the next DLC after the next. I hope they add bloom.

Also, I want my bros strung out on drugs that makes them increase morale, speed and strength.

I want to dose them with PCP.

vota DC

Augur
Yes. Old version I mean the scrapped one, there are some images of leg bros on the manual.

Barbarian

Arcane
Never understood what is the deal with blokes who spend hundreds(sometimes thousands) of hours on this game and then begin to viciously ragerant about how shitty it is.

It has a lot of untapped potential I agree(and hopefully this potential will be tapped by the dlcs), but the irrational butthurt is painful to watch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom