Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Barbarian

Arcane
ok nwm at 77 now but that's still like normal range for calling a game boring

I personally never managed to do something boring for 77 hours, not on my free time at least(by which I mean excluding work, study and other responsabilities which I have performed in my life and still perform year-round).

You must have had some serious fun or at least have been seriously intrigued by something to have played it for so long. Admit it. There are many games which I loved playing but didn't keep at them for over 20-30 hours.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
I mean I have a shit laptop so I cant really play any other games and this total playtime is over like 2 main periods of playtime.

I put like 20-30 hours to it when it first released and then rest primarily during one like several days long session a while after the beasts DLC released because I just needed to go full escapsim and couldn't really play anything else.

I think the game is definitely worth a buy and like overall on the positive side, but there is that bitter realization that the fundamental feedback loop gets boring and repetitive really quick. I tried giving it another try yesterday and like by day 5 my mind was melting from boredom and I legit felt aversion against imagining continuing with the play-through because like it really isn't tactically or even strategically interesting once you get the basics down, it's literally just repetition and economic risk management all the way down*. This is a genuine criticsm and like I don't get why the fantards ITT refuse to acknowledge it and instead start reeing that someone dares like offer a non one sided reaction.

*I guess the super lategame fights have some novelty but like just lmao at grinding through the entire game for a minor taste of interesting content

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is a genuine criticsm and like I don't get why the fantards ITT refuse to acknowledge it and instead start reeing that someone dares like offer a non one sided reaction.
I dare you to find a single person frequenting this thread who hasn't acknowledged it.

Tigranes

Arcane
The Trade Autist is no human, but a higher kind of being; it does not suffer from 'boredom' or 'repetitiveness' like us mortals, for every identical virtual crate gained is another step towards Trade Orgasm

Literally every single person agrees that BB is a fantastic gameplay loop that makes you wish something grander could have been built, whether through 'smaller' changes like more variegated early game (hopefully with Backgrounds) and late game, or through the bigger 'living world' aims they used to have. Literally the guy with Celerity hours in this game talks about this limitation every single page.

I guess not so much in the past few pages because we've all gone over it so many times. For me, I loved BB, let it sit for a while, came back for DLC and enjoyed it greatly, will come back to it again later with the next DLC.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
ok, but like why do people gotta give me negative ratings when everyone agrees with what I'm saying

like I get that it's expressed in an inflammatory and rough around the edges way but like come on thats like the benefit of this forum

is it just because I spam the thread randomly or what? that doesn't sound very fair honestly

Barbarian

Arcane
I wonder if this is like CKII("we will keep doing dlcs as long as they sell well") or if the devs have more concrete plans in mind.

Right now I think the direction is quite perfect, as the game truly needs more content first and foremost, but soon enough the right direction will be more critical base game mechanics. End-game goals? More world simulation mechanics? Cities growing/changing?

Heck at this point even adding a "final" crisis to be ecountered after defeating the 3 vanilla crises in sequence(something which I never did) would be great. It would add some final goal to reach for at least.

ok, but like why do people gotta give me negative ratings when everyone agrees with what I'm saying

like I get that it's expressed in an inflammatory and rough around the edges way but like come on thats like the benefit of this forum

is it just because I spam the thread randomly or what? that doesn't sound very fair honestly

Because you are butthurt and calling the game total shit while admitting you have enjoyed playing it for nearly a hundred hours.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
I wonder if this is like CKII("we will keep doing dlcs as long as they sell well") or if the devs have more concrete plans in mind.

Right now I think the direction is quite perfect, as the game truly needs more content first and foremost, but soon enough the right direction will be more critical base game mechanics. End-game goals? More world simulation mechanics? Cities growing/changing?

Heck at this point even adding a "final" crisis to be ecountered after defeating the 3 vanilla crises in sequence(something which I never did) would be great. It would add some final goal to reach for at least.
I think going with like constant DLCs to flesh more stuff out is the way to go. I hope they will keep adding more starts with different DLCs because like really tte most important thing imo is to add some variance into the early and midgame. I would consider taking another look at weapon values and shift around as well.

Also, does anyone know how enemy weapon layouts are generated? Does every person get random stuff individually or are they like based on preset "types" of groups?

Because you are butthurt and calling the game total shit while admitting you have enjoyed playing it for nearly a hundred hours.
thats just banter tho
like is this reddit that I should add like /s disclaimer or specify that not all hyperbolic statements are literal, like come on

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

I neither think nor hope Overhype will go down the CKII route.

Of course I welcome more content - I'd even buy purely cosmetical stuff like a Banner-Pack for the right price, wich I never did for any other game - but I also wish that the 'Core Gameplay' and 'Atmosphere' stay intact. The first DLC went a little too far in the 'High Fantasy' direction for my taste. You can't tune a car forever, at some point it will start to look silly and/or become something different.

So flesh out the world a bit more, then make a BB 2, with much wanted features like base building, cavalary etc. - or do something completely different.

Nirvash

Liturgist

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

To be fair, I haven't even played the game, I am just messing with you because of your punctuation, or lack thereof.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Any word about new monsters coming with the new dlc?

Tribe of Red Goblin(a)s armed with rusty hammers and sickles with motto: Raidin everyone accordin to our need!

They scalp their human female victims and wear their red hair and glasses, pretending to be female and human to lure thirsty, sexually confused village boys

Reinhardt

Arcane
Actually this time i'm not rich. By day 50 i'm sitting at 7-8k geld. Paying for 18 bros eats money pretty quick. Two of my most profitable allies constantly under alps or witches siege and i can't lift it because my average level is too low. And only ~3 weeks before first crisis.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Started reading art thread from the start.
Oh, boi, i really REALLY miss old skeletons and green color.

worldmap_20.jpg

Tigranes

Arcane
That really looks nice, doesn't it? I like the final art but that's beautiful, including the STW/MTW-style banner-wielding bust tokens.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Yeah. The old banners were much better than the new overdone ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom