Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Barbarian

Arcane
I got my shit pushed in by direwolves at day 7. Lost a really good and expensive retired soldier recruit whom I was grooming to be my sergeant :negative:

But yeah, I had forgotten how much fun the game was :dealwithit:

No bugs so far. New worldmap song(the one with synth bagpipies or whatever) is really good.

Barbarian

Arcane
So I found a "witch hut" around day 9, randomly wandering through some wilderness. Good thing I'm not on ironman my dudes. I got a pretty cool event out of clicking the place, but then a fight with 6 hexes and an assortment of monsters(including 2 unholds, spiders and direwolves).

Needless to say my 6 bros(mostly level 1 and 2) got wrecked pretty bad. Moral of the story is be careful before clicking on shiny new locations you find during the early game. Specially if you are doing an ironman run.

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
Bros, does anyone have a good seed for a well-rounded map?

I don't care about the starting BBs or their stats, what I want is an aesthetically pleasing map without jigsaw rivers cutting into the interior, and at least 3 harbors that connect the south, east/west, and frozen north.

Anyone got anything in that vein?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm getting my shit kicked in. Can't really tell much of a difference from pre-DLC, to be honest, but I'm so happy it made me come back to this game. I had forgotten how much fun it is. :thumbsup:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
The biggest noticable difference from the get-go is that fighting monsters actually has a point now. I already made an item from Nachzehrer ingredients for example.
Pre-DLC Nachzehrers were simply a (small admittedly, but time consuming) pain in the ass with no real benefit

Barbarian

Arcane
I took a screenshot, btw. Really curious to see how the event plays after the fight but this is certainly a mid to late game thing. Cool that you can randomly find these locations early game though.

Just remember, you ironman bros: be careful what you click!

xieaWI5.jpg

Barbarian

Arcane
The whole sacrifice scene witch speech involves a certain "false king" figure who I'm curious to find more about, btw.

Maybe he is one of the 3 bosses? We only know about the kraken.

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
Bros, does anyone have a good seed for a well-rounded map?

I don't care about the starting BBs or their stats, what I want is an aesthetically pleasing map without jigsaw rivers cutting into the interior, and at least 3 harbors that connect the south, east/west, and frozen north.

Anyone got anything in that vein?

To answer my own question, here are 2 seeds that fit the above description:
  • devoured
  • yzdvyarqic
The starting bros are nothing special, but the maps look nice, with enough ports to get you around quickly.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Patch Notes said:
...Brawny from 30% to 25%
Well I'm a fucking idiot :D I thought it was 50% pre-patch, this is much more understandable of a nerf now.

Serves me right for trying to pull numbers from memory instead of actually checking the game.

Bought Supporter edition, fired up the newest team. Kalarion's Kodexian Krewe. Ironman.

Pray for me brothers.
deusvult.png
DEUS VULT!
deusvult.png

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Map seed: Kodexia.

Important to note that the map seed is case-sensitive!

Starting bros:
Spearbro/Sergeant- 60 melee, 96 fatigue, 8 (!!) mdef, 5 rdef, Night Owl (+1 Vision at night), Irrational (+/- 10 at each resolve check).
Killerbro- 60 melee, 103 fatigue, 3 mdef, 0 rdef, Athletic (!!!!).
Shooterbro- 53 melee, 50 ranged, Gluttonous (meh), Team Player (reduces friendly fire results by 50%!).

You start in the north which is kinda bare. The south has shitloads of good stuff though... several dye makers, a salt mine and a gem mine in the same small town (!!!!!!!!!!), a bunch of other nice stuff.

Men, I'm about to be rich.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
OK, tried it out.

I'm trying to go for a bows-and-daggers, gang up on enemies with backstabber & shank them out of their armour type. Did they change daggers / THCs or something? Seems to go far better than usual. But I've only fought small fry.

I really like the Try out mechanism. I don't want to know everything about a bro, as I feel that would be detrimental to the BB spirit of rolling with shitty odds, but it's cool to pay money and see something about them.

Tried the retreat function, I wish it would resolve it much much faster, like 8x speed instead of normal speed, but at least you don't have to manually retreat anymore, which was always a pointless pain in the arse.

Had only one fight against new creatures (spiders) so far, and yeah, they seem to be a bit too weak. Perhaps it's one of those things where if things go downhill they go really downhill, but if you're prepared they're weak?

vazha

Arcane
Patch Notes said:
...Brawny from 30% to 25%
Well I'm a fucking idiot :D I thought it was 50% pre-patch, this is much more understandable of a nerf now.

Serves me right for trying to pull numbers from memory instead of actually checking the game.

Bought Supporter edition, fired up the newest team. Kalarion's Kodexian Krewe. Ironman.

Pray for me brothers.
deusvult.png
DEUS VULT!
deusvult.png
Do a lets play!

Reinhardt

Arcane
I like how monster dens spawn assault squads to intercept you. It can be 5 thugs if it's early easy contract. Or something like leader, 4 marksmen and horde of raiders if you exploring map and come too close to their base. In swamp. Against 2-3 lvl party. It didn't go well for doggos...

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I feel like I'm noticing small differences here and there but I can't put my finger on them.
For example, I sense like rain in combat maps is different somehow? I might be imagining it.

*Spiders are fun to fight. They fall relatively easily but if you don't go for their eggs they can easily overwhelm you with sheer numbers

Reinhardt

Arcane
Starting axe bro has iron lungs, first merc i've hired has iron lungs too and after killing false Hoggart got poacher for 350 geld
29leqky.jpg

It could mean only one thing - we will die horribly very soon.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Are there any bros spec guide? I always end up fucking it up...
Well, I disagree with the build guide on the Wiki, but you can get some inspirations.

I only have (had) two + one builds for late game Bros:

The 2H Frontbro
HP: 90 (72+Colossus)
Fatigue: 130
Resolve: 55
M Att: 85
M Def: 30

Perks: Colossus, Brawny, Rotation, a weapon specialization (Hammer or Sword), Reach Advantage, Underdog, Berserk, Battle Forged, Killing Frenzy. That leaves one perk you can use freely, take gifted to get to the stats, many like 'Recover' or 'Indominable'.

The Archer
HP: 75 (56+Colossus)
Fatigue: 120
Resolve: 40
R Att: 95
R Def: 30

Perks: Fast Adaptation, Colossus, Bullseye, Steel Brow, Anticipation, Bow Mastery, Footwork, Berserk, Killing Frenzy. Again, You have an extra perk. Many like Head Hunter or Recover or Battle Forged if they use heavy armour (Nimble might be better now with the DLC Changes, need to try it out)

The ArchSarge
HP: 75 (56+Colossus)
Fatigue: 110
Resolve: as high as possible
R Att: 85
R Def: 15

Perks: Colossus, Bullseye, Fortified Mind, Steelbrow, Anticipation, Rally the Troops, Bow Mastery, Footwork, Berserk, Killing Freenzy. No perk left, it's basically a weaker archer who picks 'Resolve' every level so other stats suffer a bit. In fights against Geists, the ArchSarge should focus on spamming 'Rally' instead of dealing damge.

I think those builds will still be viable, even after the DLC changes, but I'll experiment with light armour.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
I've started a new playthrough on my channel after fucking around for an hour or so off screen. Webknechts really destroyed me while I was testing some stuff out earlier, they are very dangerous especially if you stupidly try to break their snare with low melee skill like I did a few times. So, snare, poison and that ability to move away from your guys without triggering an attack of opportunity. Way to go for a low level creature.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom