Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Prime Junta

When you're exploring the world map what's there to do? And are there any interesting quests in the game?

There are more locations to discover. Some are just bases to clear, others have little mini events associated with them.

There aren't any quests in the game, only contracts. There's a bit more variety than before but nothing fundamentally changed.

If you liked it before, you'll like it more.

If you didn't like it before, you still won't like it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
18n1jn.jpg

What is your strategy for maximising returns on all this crap? I understand how prices work generally, but it feels like a lot of the time your profit is going to be ~50 gold per item, and it just doesn't seem worth the risk and hassle to me.
Allied big town with ambushed trade roads. Saving all wood for allied+ambushed+rebuilding - you can get really crazy profit.
If you can get "fair" event on top of all that you'll never need to work again in your life.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Was forced to sell most of my copper for not maximum profit to fund wagon ambition but now trading is much more comfortable.
x0z1au.jpg

tindrli

Arcane
I'm going to have my first fight against sharts schrats today. I've loaded up on two handed and one handed axes, and my guys are lvl 6/5 a couple are lvl 4. How are my chances? Also, should I drop ranged characters completely because of the kind of damage they would do?
did you survived?

vazha

Arcane
So, gave a try to them cleavers. Boy, that ancient Khopesh can rack up some serious damage.
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
what else is red?
ORC BERSERKER. After you hit him with a khopesh.

Parabalus

Arcane
Is the kraken exclusively in swamps? Can't seem to find it.

So, gave a try to them cleavers. Boy, that ancient Khopesh can rack up some serious damage.
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
what else is red?

Gotta get a unique orc cleaver to feel real joy.

vazha

Arcane
Is the kraken exclusively in swamps? Can't seem to find it.

Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
what else is red?

Gotta get a unique orc cleaver to feel real joy.
Well, that requires iron lung dudes and I have those on hammer duty.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Killed them and even without losses but it was most frustrating fight ever... 40+ turns. Last two almost managed to kill half of my party in the chokepoint. I was really glad i didn't invested in heavy armor for my bros.

Also found 2 shrats. 2 shrats is not scary.

hivemind

woah ... so ... this is the power ... of ... ironmeme ...

NPpBpdk.jpg

seriously how the fuck was I supposed to expect two necrosavants and 10 legionaries at day 37, in my previous run I haven't even seen a single *teleports behind u* vampire until crisis started around day 100

tindrli

Arcane
i just dont know how you manage it. i must be missing something BIG in this game or im just stupid. the max that i managed is 5 alps and i did it great. and fucking trees just obliterate my crew. lost several times vs 2

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
i just dont know how you manage it. i must be missing something BIG in this game or im just stupid. the max that i managed is 5 alps and i did it great. and fucking trees just obliterate my crew. lost several times vs 2
Do you focus one at a time? Take his shield down? Use Axes?

They still can fuck you up pretty bad, I guess they have some bonus to cause injuries too.

I carry a handful of longaxes for fights against Schrats and give them to my backline.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Don't leave long axe persons on the line of fire for shrats. If there is only two of them you can break shields every turn and they will waste their action on restore. If there is is 3 or more... Well, that's another story.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
I beat 4 schrats plus dozen direwoofers. But My company was rather decently armored and armed and high leveled.
Also I bring 2 2hand maces and tons of overwhelm swordsmen. Have one axeman but didn't notice dmg increase on his part. Didn't lose any guys thanks to Nimble and light build.
Oh. I didn't hit any shields just tanked it all and chipped them slowly.
-_-
Well next time will do better.

Also meet dozen direwooofers with two hags. Beat them all with sticks, goblin stick and orc branches. Plus arrows.
1gwzuHJ.jpg

Can't beat the stick.
Not the stick.

My biggest nope at this point was half dozen alps in cemetery support by two dozens zombies. It was probably doable with no losses but thanks but nope. It worse than 5 dozen zombies in the swamps.

vazha

Arcane
I think schrats have been nerfed. Remember kitting five of them to around 30 ancient dead camp, including honor guards and it was me who had to mop the floor with the remaining schrats. Today I kited four of them against 20 or so undead legionaries and 2 necros and they died without clearing half the undead

Whiskeyjack

Learned
Alps are just tiring. Spiders and unholds are best enemies in expansion.
Hexen are good. Honestly I dont even hate alps. I only hate goblins. Fuck goblins.

Although I do think Schratts and Alps could use some tweaking. Lower Alps AP and initiative maybe to make chasing them down less of a chore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom