Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

hivemind

Reduces damage ignoring armor by 33%?
I don't thin this works with nimble since after 1 hit you have no armor remaining so there is zero damage ignoring armor as per the stat.

Best nimble is probably the thing that reduces damage to body by 20% from two white yeti furs or unhold bones IF you have reasonable defenses.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
I go for direwoofers furs as it also lower enemy resolve. Dunno if it stack but it looks like it work anyway.
Padding sounds great but small question - do you know if it works even if armor is destroyed? And how it works exactly?
I don't so I don't use it.
For heavy armor I would go for Lindy attachments for obvious reason.

tindrli

Arcane
Sarissofoi i cant not to notice why the hell your initiative is so low.? and another thing. what i thought that Overwhelm is directly connected with initiative and you have it on most of your bros..

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why is Overwhelm connected to initiative? True that it helps if you attack first but it will still carry to the next turn anyway.
Initiative is kinda useless for melee bros imo. Also his one bro with 30sth initiative has a perm injury that reduces it

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
...you need to have higher init than the enemy u are hitting for it to work
I never used it in characters other than archers but also never noticed that

*True, it does say "that acts after you in the current round". Always thought it works in the affected characters next turn regardless of round

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Sarissofoi i cant not to notice why the hell your initiative is so low.? and another thing. what i thought that Overwhelm is directly connected with initiative and you have it on most of your bros..
Its because I don't level it.
I don't use dodge or Fencing swords so it have low priority.
Why Overwhelm then?
Synergy.
Maces tire enemy and both them and spear/sword users have weapon perk that lower Fat cost. Swords/spears and daggers(basic attack) are also very effective on Fat cost. So it works like real Overwhelm works - my guys attack enemy and tire them and then he can't hit back. Some enemies (like dead or bigg uns orcs and other big units) have low Initiative themselves. Also recovery. Its essential perk for that - still preferable if you have big amount of FAT.
It work decently before but was risky - now with reliable Nimble it works much better as your guys don't die suddenly when you have bad rolls. I used it before with the 2H hammers and their stagger effect. Now you can even use it on 2H swordsmen with good effect - still its on the level(maybe little worse than Reach Advantage because you need hit and you only apply one stack).

Using it on Archers is better as you can apply effect everywhere on the battlefield. Still it have its uses even for melee.

tindrli

Arcane
ok so i must be translating this wrong or im stupid to figure it since if this text is correct then overwhelm should not work if you have lower initiative than enemy
Overwhelm
Learn to take advantage of your high initiative and prevent the enemy from attacking effectively by overwhelming them with your attacks!
With every attack, hit or miss, against an opponent that acts after you in the current round, inflict the 'Overwhelmed' status effect which lowers both Melee Skill and Ranged Skill by 10% for one turn.
The effect stacks with each attack and can be applied to multiple targets at once with a single attack.

hivemind

it can ork on higheer init people if they previously waited in the same turn I think

Parabalus

Arcane
ok so i must be translating this wrong or im stupid to figure it since if this text is correct then overwhelm should not work if you have lower initiative than enemy
Overwhelm
Learn to take advantage of your high initiative and prevent the enemy from attacking effectively by overwhelming them with your attacks!
With every attack, hit or miss, against an opponent that acts after you in the current round, inflict the 'Overwhelmed' status effect which lowers both Melee Skill and Ranged Skill by 10% for one turn.
The effect stacks with each attack and can be applied to multiple targets at once with a single attack.

It checks turn order, which is affected by (initiative - fatigue), and whether you waited. What ssar is saying if that you can debuff + exhaust enemies to trigger overwhelm even with low init dudes.

Prime Junta

I do wonder about enemy ranged units sometimes. They seem to be consistently making "impossible" shots, like hitting my sergeant with decent ranged defence behind a shieldwall of those nice big shields. My best archer would probably have around 17% hit chance for something like that.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Wait don't help. If enemy wait he still faster than you.
But stagger, new daze or good old slapping in the face enough time - all make him react slower.

tindrli

Arcane
damn. i have one impatient Bro but sadly he is equipped with berserk chain it would be great with ranged bros

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Actually bros.
I must admit terrible truth.
I am actually having fun with this DLC. Sure there is still some lacking stuff and I miss some UI improvements but hey - nobody perfect.
:stunned:
Lets blame you know who for that.
And lets hope they are greedy enough to release few another DLC with good improvements and plenty of stuff.
Lets join orc hype train.
665wj7d.jpg

Also you can check seed
greedydevs
Really interesting map setup with three factions separate from each other and connected only by ports and lone road. Starting brothers are nothing special but map looks fine.

vazha

Arcane
Got an unique two-handed mace I see. Wish I had the same luck.
On another note: nothing beats seeing a 10 strong unhold crew chase you in the wilderness when you know exactly where the next big gobbo city is. Have a sitdown, sip some tea, mop up. Lovely.

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
Got an unique two-handed mace I see. Wish I had the same luck.
On another note: nothing beats seeing a 10 strong unhold crew chasing you in the wilderness when you know exactly where the next big gobbo city is. Have a sitdown, sip some tea, mop up. Lovely.
Yeah. In fact I got only 2 unique and it's day 100, so in fact I'm low on luck. I got armor and two handed mace.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Speaking of uniques, the ones I've gotten have been absolute crap, barely even better than normal gear. I got a kite shield with a slightly lower fatigue penalty, a one-handed axe and a polearm both of which only had slightly better damage vs armor. Is this your experience as well? Personally I wouldn't mind uniques being significantly better than their regular counterparts, considering how rare and expensive they are.

Another thing that annoys me is the noble contracts, specifically the exterminate location ones. They tend to send you all the way from one extreme of the map to the other without the travel time being reflected in the reward. That all the cities that belong to the same noble house are considered one territory makes sense from a realism point of view, and does make it feel like you're moving up in the world when you first get access to them, but more often than not it makes the contracts not worth taking.

vazha

Arcane
Speaking of uniques, the ones I've gotten have been absolute crap, barely even better than normal gear. I got a kite shield with a slightly lower fatigue penalty, a one-handed axe and a polearm both of which only had slightly better damage vs armor. Is this your experience as well? Personally I wouldn't mind uniques being significantly better than their regular counterparts, considering how rare and expensive they are.

Another thing that annoys me is the noble contracts, specifically the exterminate location ones. They tend to send you all the way from one extreme of the map to the other without the travel time being reflected in the reward. That all the cities that belong to the same noble house are considered one territory makes sense from a realism point of view, and does make it feel like you're moving up in the world when you first get access to them, but more often than not it makes the contracts not worth taking.
Usually best ones are that deal more damage vs armor and with lower fatique. that -6 fatique is key. Worst is better damage against shield on a warhammer.

tindrli

Arcane
well i was mega unlucky then. in all my runs i only got 2 uniques. one event with unique dagger and one good helmet. i did encounter a lot of uniques in stores but they were ridiculusly expensive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom