Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
So how much you guys betting on next patch making this tool obsolete?

tindrli

Arcane
god damn.. who are those people. i mean.... who have so much time for this? how much time is actually needed for such a thing

After painstakingly reverse engineering parts of the game, I was able to decipher the encryption algorithm. I spent quite a long time discovering how it worked and then a while longer translating the cryptic instructions into C code that I could run. Only after I was done did I realize that one of the constants in the algorithm is well-known, and that the core cipher is XXTEA.

IMHO that piece of text above have better story than 98 % RPG-s from this year

Last edited:

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
So how much you guys betting on next patch making this tool obsolete?
Unsurprisingly, your post implies malice. As far as I understood subsequent discussions, incompatibility after updates can easily happen because of the rather complicated modding method.

I hope modders will start with smaller mods and and check if they survive an update.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Update 1.2.0.25
21 JANUARY- RAPSDJFF
10377f6038cbfa77aa3b8b0e1cdd078de41641b7.jpg

A couple of balancing changes and a minor quality of life addition.

Changelog for 1.2.0.25
  • Added a +5% chance to hit for you, and a -5% chance penalty to hit for the enemy, on 'Beginner' combat difficulty. Other difficulty levels remain without any such bonus or penalty.
  • Added additional line to combat log to clarify things in case a ranged attack goes astray and hits another tile than intended, both for you and the enemy.
  • Changed efficiency vs. armor for all bows to be 10% lower.
  • Changed maximum amount of Alps in a single encounter to 10, down from 12.
  • Changed size of Alp parties roaming the land outside of contracts to be slightly smaller on average.
  • Changed the way game files are encrypted to decrease loading times

Hey new update.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I guess making 'Beginner' even easier will help the totally clueless, but that makes the jump to 'Veteran' even harder. It's already a far bigger step than from 'Veteran' to 'Expert'.

I think the bow-nerf is good, will try to mix in some polearms and crossbows now.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Unsurprisingly, your post implies malice. As far as I understood subsequent discussions, incompatibility after updates can easily happen because of the rather complicated modding method.

I hope modders will start with smaller mods and and check if they survive an update.

They said they don't want the encrypted files be available because they contain almost all of their work. So if they have been decrypted, they will surely think about how to protect them again.

tindrli

Arcane
why the fuck this should be an attack on anyone especialy for developers? FFS developers should embrace it and try to make it easier for people who want to invest their time into this allready great game. it could only make game BETTER. and in my opinion it would only improve sales. the world is really a fucked up place

Zanzoken

Arcane
I am excited that the game will finally have official mod support and the devs were seriously foolish not to include it from day one.

At the same time, if I was them I would be livid that some autistic fucking nerd went so far as to break my game's encryption. That is very ethically suspect and I would be shocked if it isn't also illegal. Overhype probably made the right call to just take it in stride, but considering the dude was dumb enough to post it on his personal website, I would be really tempted to make a martyr out of his ass.

That little fag who wrote the e-mail above reeks of entitled gamer mentality too. "Likely to have significant backlash from the community" for what? Protecting your own assets?

Bottom line is, you can fuck with soulless corporations like EA all you want, but if you want small studios to make it then you have to support them.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Fine, call it sanctioned instead of official or whatever. It's irrelevant to the fact that a) there will be mods now, which is good and b) the person who cracked their files is a fag.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
At last he is no
KRAUT
I mean seriously you have devs that obscure game files on purpose making translations or modding practicly impossible and you call the guy who make it possible a fag?
He can be a giga fag - like I care - he still is a hero that we needed but not deserve.

And he is right about backlash - if they encrypt game again you will bet that many will stick with modded pirated version taht would have more content that their official one with new(?) DLC.

Last edited:

tindrli

Arcane
At last he is no
KRAUT
I mean seriously you have devs that obscure game files on purpose making translations or modding practicly impossible and you call the guy who make it possible a fag?
He can be a giga fag - like I care - he still is a hero that we needed but not deserve.

And he is right about backlash - if they encrypt game again you will bet that many will stick with modded pirated version taht would have more content that their official one with new(?) DLC.

I AGREE. THE BRO WHO DISCOVERED THE WAY IS A FUCK GOD IMHO!!! I WOULD LIKE TO MEET HIM AND BUY HIM HOOKERS AND BEER!!

Reinhardt

Arcane
At last he is no
KRAUT

I AGREE. THE BRO WHO DISCOVERED THE WAY IS A FUCK GOD IMHO!!! I WOULD LIKE TO MEET HIM AND BUY HIM HOOKERS AND BEER!!
Maybe it was woman.

Tigranes

Arcane
why the fuck this should be an attack on anyone especialy for developers? FFS developers should embrace it and try to make it easier for people who want to invest their time into this allready great game. it could only make game BETTER. and in my opinion it would only improve sales. the world is really a fucked up place

They.... did embrace it. Their response was spot on sensible.

vazha

Arcane
Copied this correspondence from a reddit post:

19mbMAf.png
Honestly, that first demand/condition is beyond retarded and could only put forward by a kraut. Don't change stuff because we might want to do a dlc along these lines. lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom