Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I wouldn't call it a 'huge turndown' - you can be quite selective who you fight - but I also hope that, should there be more DLC (fingers crossed), we'll see another human faction, more equipment and/or new game mechanics instead of more 'fantasy' elements.

Keep supernatural stuff rare and exciting.

Last edited:

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
all the new monsters is a huge turndown for me, i want bludgeoning ppl not some weird freak animal from space
I know what you mean and sometimes prefer a low fantasy setting with no monsters at all. But, I don't know how much would I play this game if I was going against humans all the time.

The monsters add a lot of variety to fights. The undead can rise again and don't suffer from fatigue so you have to be careful your men don't become exhausted.

The Hexes, that I love, make you fight your own men. They feel so fragile and powerful at the same time. I usually try to kill them with a bow if none of my men are cursed and if one them is I make sure he has enough health to survive.

And on and on. The way you prioritize threats, the gear you pick and what strategies do you apply can change a lot when facing different monsters.

I love fighting humans and they are my favorite adversary but I am glad there are these little monsters to spice things up a bit.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I prefer the new Alps.
No more spawning 12 dogs or get swamped, instead, you need brutes with 2H weapons split in small groups to wake them up and eventually give them some range through rotation.
That said 2-3 groups through an entire campaign would be the right amount before it becomes a nuisance.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Apparently, it's a new "Boss" monster for the Legends mod, i wasn't sure if the mod was dead or if they decided to stop monthly releases to focus on a big (and bug free) update for their anniversary, looks like it's the latter.

nc62aptdu9041.png

Source :
I show you a teaser of a new BOSS that will be incorporated in the future to Legends mod for BB. An insatiable and fierce beast, devouring of men and full of poisoned stingers...

So many original monsters and content are coming for Legends. The art and the design of the creature has been made by me, and you can help me move forward with it in my patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/Von_Krolock

Your help will help me to continue creating new content for BB - Legends!

I look forward to your feedback! I hope you like my work. !!

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wow that's cool. Although I don't really care for more monsters I like that the aesthetic fits the game

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I would love for them to take another crack at this niche genre of TB Wizard's Crown type combat. They did an excellent job with the combat and randomized items. I think more combat options and weapons will always be welcome.

Add somewhat of a small cohesive story that incorporates the crises type things that they have now and I think that this could go from a great indie game to something truly glorious.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Apparently, a newly released mod on nexus just add an endgame objective/quest to unify the world once you meet the requirements.

Didn't test it though : One last conquest

Prerequisites:
- goblin city raided;
- black monolith's guards crushed;
- you have a full set of Emperor's Armor worn by one of your bros;
- high relations with at least 1 town;
- no quest and no crisis is currently active.

Idea/plot:
Fearing your growing reputation as a "New Emperor", nobles houses defame and outlaw you. People of only 1 city refuse to obey, they declare independence and form a new faction of your supporters. Except for them, everyone turns hostile.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
no, I only build the kind of bros I'd want to fuck me and so my party is full of two hand frontline and polearm chads and not weaselly little spear and ranged inceloids

Zariusz

Arbiter
I would love if BB had new faction even in DLC.
I have idea about large, rich and far Constantinople like city near coast, first you must start event chain by going to taverns in random coastal cities, getting rumors, knowldege etc. from traders and raiders. Then after certain amount of those events its location is revealed, you could travel to this city first time by boat for a gigantic fortune or by joining raiding party (beware though this party is doomed for failure, unless your bros are badass enough to win or you will just flee from combat zone).
Of course you could just try to go there on foot or even without any knowledge but this would be a long journey, but what a great adventure. To enter the city you would need to give its ruler a tribute (unique loot from enemies, trophies etc. or embark on dangerous series of contracts)
This city would have end game armours and weapons (mostly unique for them), high chance of selling unique items , all city buildings and one or two unique buildings for this city (like special blacksmith that can renovate ancient dead armours), contracts like repeling crysis tier invasions and joining something simillar to Varangian Guard for even better and more dangerous contracts.
Armour would be mainly Byzantine themed and maybe with some carolingian themed armours ( like this https://wildfiregames.com/forum/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://www.paintingsilove.com/uploads/0/723/carolingian-emperor-bodyguard-800.jpg&key=139e98e3b41c216581fa2711d849da0711c8d3f78775fec3e4e4220f56306eaa or this https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fe/4a/93/fe4a93652293d5843946cf84c50bb54b.jpg)
It could look like this (i made those armours by editing in paint, the golden one with scales and plume helmet is actually usable if you replace armours already in game)
vlLwl6H.png

NB7gKeU.png

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
>make 1(one) positioning mistake
>the punishment is losing a lategame viable bro meaning that you have to now spend countless hours brainlessly grinding a new potential recruit up(assuming there even are any good ones available in the citadels atm)
amazing design

stupid german fucks the whole coutnry should have had permanent destruction turned on after ww2

Tigranes

Arcane
"countless hours grinding"

*late game parties need like half an hour to find good bro and give him good gear and have him kick ass from lv5ish onwards*

conclusion: cannot count very high

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
a lvl 5 hedge knight isn't going to be "kicking ass" in a party full of lvl 10-11 hedge knights and adventurous nobles

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Any tips for early game on Expert/Iron Man mod? I've been having some bad luck as of late, and am starting to question my sanity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom