Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Norfleet

in the name of God, have sex
I'm pretty sure I get more of that than you do. Do you even still have genitals? I mean, I have a wife and all. She actually appreciates me being me, though, so this fails to change my nature at all.

It's american propaganda. They were just scared after they saw what katana can do to tank or plane.
Katanas didn't do that. It's Japanese plane wings that cut other planes in half. At least, those that are not made of Stalinwood and Sovietanium.

Old Hans

Arcane
in the name of God, have sex
I'm pretty sure I get more of that than you do. Do you even still have genitals? I mean, I have a wife and all. She actually appreciates me being me, though, so this fails to change my nature at all.

It's american propaganda. They were just scared after they saw what katana can do to tank or plane.
Katanas didn't do that. It's Japanese plane wings that cut other planes in half. At least, those that are not made of Stalinwood and Sovietanium.
i heard a story of a japanase soldier in WW2 who destoryed a US battleship With just his katana. His name was Eric Tokaheko.

Norfleet

I have never heard this story, and considering I lived through that time, so while for YOU, it was history, but for ME, it was my childhood, I'm pretty sure that story has been not merely embellished, but completely fabricated wholesale. I still wanted to hear this story, but Google can't confirm that it even exists.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I've heard Japanese used test katanas on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but effects exceeded expectations, so they let Americans take the credit for it.

Anyway, some kind of "mega-rare" characters with limited magical skills (necromancers, in example) could actually work pretty cool. But seriously limited and seriously rare. 1 out of 100 playthroughs, with option to toggle them off totally.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
There will never be an endgame scenario, because like I said Overhype can just do another expansion, whenever they run low on money for their modern tactics game.

Battle Brothers ⅃L: Modern Warfare

Last edited by a moderator:

Riel

Arcane
There's two things that I wish for in Battle Brothers:

Strategic skills affecting the battleground, initial placement for sides and ambushes.

An end game revolving around the owning of settlements.

Tigranes

Arcane
I cannot wait to again do the same thing over and over with Battle Brothers, actually, please give me more

For me the key is to find ways to expand on the core of BB: flawed human bros in perilous battle against other flawed human bros, wondering if they aren't just on a slippery slope to oblivion. Would love to see some smart diversification of human skills and enemies - no magic mumbo jumbo or Alps. Tough to see what they can do there though - traps would be cool but too much would be risky. "Siege" maps to take and relieve a town would be very interesting, but again tough to do right.

Lios

Cipher
What I would love to see but we won't get is different maps for different battlefields (ruins, orc tents etc) instead of the generic fields. It would add a ton to the movie that plays in my head while managing my team and their struggles.
Captain skills that affect battlefield positioning or even contract negotiations would be cool I suppose. Renown could be slightly altered to also work as pseudo-xp points for these.

Just no mage brothers and no city conquering please.

Jinn

Arcane
I feel like a true endgame is one of the most requested features for Battle Brothers, and definitely my personal most desired feature. It doesn't seem like it's be that hard to tie one into the current formula, at least as an option.

Why won't they provide this? It makes very little sense to me.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
For me the key is to find ways to expand on the core of BB: flawed human bros in perilous battle against other flawed human bros
amazing larp

meanwhile nobody normal recruits below average rolls people or just lets them randomly die without a care

Tigranes

Arcane
Yes of course I sure envy those superior ubermensch gamers who savescum and seedscum a band of perfect bros getting to be grandmaster of every faction with the same character

wait wrong game

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
cuckchild.png

Old Hans

Arcane
I feel like a true endgame is one of the most requested features for Battle Brothers, and definitely my personal most desired feature. It doesn't seem like it's be that hard to tie one into the current formula, at least as an option.

Why won't they provide this? It makes very little sense to me.
what exactly is this mysterious "end game" going on a molton core raid?

Jinn

Arcane

I don't know? Create a series of quests/special jobs throughout the playthrough that lead up to it?

There are a ton of ways they could implement such a thing. It could even just be something you toggle at the start of a new game, so if you want to play without it you could.

Old Hans

Arcane

I don't know? Create a series of quests/special jobs throughout the playthrough that lead up to it?

There are a ton of ways they could implement such a thing.
I guess they could do it like final fantast tactics of battletech where you have the main story but also go off and dick around

Jinn

Arcane
I guess they could do it like final fantast tactics of battletech where you have the main story but also go off and dick around

Or have main quests triggered by your Brother Band status and wealth, very similar to a system they already have in place.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I want option with permanent endgame crisis from day 1. All 3 at the same time. World is shrinking and dying with each new day. And i'm trading. And when everything is lost - i'm boarding ship and going to new map - desert.

Beowulf

Arcane
I just want to be able to take more than one mission at a time, and the return of the economy system from beta.
I don't remember that system, what was it like?

I think he means the system that tried to be an economic sim - i.e. the supply and demand were not fixed, but generated based on the current situation in game - like higher prices in raided locations, bigger demand, low supply and vice - versa in prosperous cities.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom