Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Battle Brothers - now with Warriors of the North DLC - Blazing Deserts DLC on the way

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Antigoon, Mar 24, 2017.

1. hivemind Arbiter Patron Pretty Princess

hivemind
    why the fuck does wearing metal armour protect you against damage sustained from standing in a fire

makes no fucking sense LMAO

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. hivemind Arbiter Patron Pretty Princess

hivemind
    potions changes are based tho

^ Top  
  3. Sarissofoi Savant

Sarissofoi
    well
    do they increase inventory space then?
    because if they can be used ONLy globally now that mean that you probably can't equip them now

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Zariusz Educated

Zariusz
    Since now we have fire bombs, maybe its time for these hot boys
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Harthwain Learned

Harthwain
    You confuse being burned with being cooked. But I do agree that non-metal armor should suffer less damage from fire.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Zariusz Educated

Zariusz
    So dry cloth and fur armour will last longer against fire than full scale armour?
    Well i guess it depends whatever you like more, being turned into charcoal or becoming medieval melted robocop.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Developer

Elhoim
    "Rudimentary incendiary grenades appeared in the Eastern Roman (Byzantine) Empire, not long after the reign of Leo III (717–741).[4] Byzantine soldiers learned that Greek fire, a Byzantine invention of the previous century, could not only be thrown by flamethrowers at the enemy but also in stone and ceramic jars.[4] Later, glass containers were employed. The use of Greek fire spread to Muslim armies in the Near East, from where it reached China by the 10th century.[4]"

It's historical, realistic, and adds to the tactics, which is the most important part.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Zariusz Educated

Zariusz
    Now ive got an idea.
    What if we had special zombie boss encounter, where we find battleground with dead after close contact with fire bombs. Then some negromancer comes and starts bloody party. Their armor is melted to their skin, so they are slower but its harder to hit their flesh, they are screaming from fire wounds even after death ( morale debuff), some of them are burned like charcoal. Reward is some trophy that gives bonus against fire.

BTW It is just stupid that zombies can get up unlimited amount of times ( sometimes they have armour even if you destroyed it completly before). I get balance and shit but even dead body has durability, if you destroy it enough or destroy crucial points it should not be able to support itself ( unless necromancers magicaly put all fallen parts on their place).

^ Top  
  9. Strange Fellow Arcane Patron

Strange Fellow
    If you cut off or bash in the head they won't get back up again except if reanimated headless by a necro. I'm also fairly sure they don't keep rising forever - unless there's a necro around they roll to rise the turn after they were killed, and if it fails they stay down, something like that. I don't think they reanimate more than once, either - again, unless there's a necro around.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Zariusz Educated

Zariusz
    Imagine having good formation, on good terrain but then some half blind mook with arrow in his head throws firebomb on it. It still would be fun though.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Harthwain Learned

Harthwain
    "Longer" is a relative term, considering that non-metal armors have less durability overall (I am talking about common items, not legendary ones).

^ Top  
  12. Kuattro Savant

Kuattro
    Indeed, zombies get up only once unless reanimated by necromancer.

Also, Fallen Heroes can get up once even if you decapitated them.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Darth Canoli Cipher

Darth Canoli
    Would be great if they fixed caravan guards behavior too.
    Sometimes, they just stick to their starting position, sometimes, against powerful enemies, when there is a lot of caravan hands, they just go full retardo and charge the enemy, giving them confident morale and damage boosts ...

If we could just issue a global order like defend the caravan or charge, it'd be great (defend being probably enough) or just skip their turn faster and make them defend and retaliate only.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Zariusz Educated

Zariusz
    Caravan guards are mostly shit, but sometimes they can be quite badass. I still remember when one of them went solo against 3 barbarians, and he won.

^ Top  
  15. AdvancedHero Educated

AdvancedHero
    Okay, I'm been lambasted enough. I just bought it for half off on GOG. Point taken, Switch bad; PC good.

• incline incline x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Zariusz Educated

Zariusz
    [​IMG]
    How i could not see this, this art shows that there will be linothorax like armour. Like this bellow.
    [​IMG]
    More expensive linothorax armour could look like this
    [​IMG]
    But why ancient armour is used in early/high medieval setting? Actually many ancient armours were used in early middle ages, for example muscle cuirasses were used by Byzantine officers as late as x century. So its possible that it was used in late antique/early middleages period. But since this is fantasy where we can have late roman skellies fighting crusader like mercenaries there is nothing against it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Zariusz Educated

Zariusz
    I still hope that there is some chad that will mod this armour into Battle Brothers (And into Warband/Bannerlord maybe).
    [​IMG]

• incline incline x 3
    ^ Top  
  18. Darth Canoli Cipher

Darth Canoli
    Not sure it happens much in vanilla but with the legends mod, i fought a caravan (during the war) and they were all equipped like regular troops.

Anyway, this game has as many interesting features as annoying ones.

For example, there is an option for permanent destruction, i'd check it if only villages could grow as well and build additionnal buildings if you take a good care of them.
    And an auto-fight option at some point with a casualty preview (a bit like in fantasy general before you attack a unit) would be great as well even at the expense of the loot (reduced drop rate)

^ Top  
  19. Payd Shell Learned

Payd Shell
    There's military supply caravans and civilian ones. The former have noble troops as guards and are a nice way to kickstart the early game if you manage to take them out in the first days.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Jimmious Arcane Patron

Jimmious

Awesome.

• incline incline x 13
    • Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  21. Barbarian Arcane

Barbarian
    That is indeed awesome. One thing I really dislike though:

[​IMG]

This icon art feels really out of place. It would be way cooler if these "followers" had a regular brother ragdoll represented in this screen and on the inventory screen.

I mean, all npcs have it.

This screen is fine, but this art shouldn't be used everywhere:

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Sounds like a potentially major change. You'd expect them to create lots of new scripted events that interact with these retinue characters.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 3
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    Propping up the "Company" as a way to preserve achievements independent of individual characters is really similar to the new design goals of CK3's dynasties.

^ Top  
  24. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Hopefully legs are the next dlc

• No x 6
    • decline x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • Heresy x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Sarissofoi Savant

Sarissofoi
    >10% bonus exp
    >relevant
    I mean yeah sure its nice but seriously make it +100% or even +200% on lover levels.
    Good thing it should be easily modifiable.

• incline incline x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)