Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Harthwain

Magister
Being attacked already drains fatigue, so just the extra attack (same as wolves) is already more fatigue draining than a normal 2-attack enemy like a bandit with a short sword or what have you. Though perhaps their attack drains an extra amount?
That's news to me. I knew that maces do drain stamina, but I never realized that stamina gets drained on missed attacks and on being hit with weapons other than a mace.

Parabalus

Arcane
Being attacked already drains fatigue, so just the extra attack (same as wolves) is already more fatigue draining than a normal 2-attack enemy like a bandit with a short sword or what have you. Though perhaps their attack drains an extra amount?
That's news to me. I knew that maces do drain stamina, but I never realized that stamina gets drained on missed attacks and on being hit with weapons other than a mace.

If you have a swordmaster and send him solo against weak hordes you'll see this effect in action really fast.

Murk

Arcane

If you have a swordmaster and send him solo against weak hordes you'll see this effect in action really fast.

For sure. This is one of the biggest hangups if you try a solo lone wolf run -- early on, before you can reliable knock out a bunch of enemies in one hit, you run getting fatigued to the ground and having to use recover every other turn and dragging the fight out until you get chipped to death.

Reinhardt

Arcane

You don't need to - try lone wolf and go fight some dirty beggars.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter

Every attack missed/dodged or hit drain add fatigue to the target. Maces just add extra fatigue. It wasn't always a thing - missed attacks used to not give Fat but it was changed to nerf dodge.

Harthwain

Magister
Every attack missed/dodged or hit drain add fatigue to the target. Maces just add extra fatigue. It wasn't always a thing - missed attacks used to not give Fat but it was changed to nerf dodge.
I see. It explains why I didn't notice that. I wonder if it is noted somewhere in the tooltips and I simply failed to notice the change, since I thought I knew the combat system.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Dev Blog #138: More Smaller Things
Even though the Corona situation has been and still is negatively affecting our schedule, we’re making steady progress every week. There are signs of normalcy on the horizon regarding the reopening of schools and daycare, so here’s hoping our productivity will also soon normalize again. In the meantime, we’ll take another look at several smaller additions coming with the next update. Read on!

A New Banner
As a thank you for your continued patience, and because having a guiding light in dark times seems fitting, we’ll include a new player banner in the free 1.4 update. Hurray.

9a995e8811c2a2b7565810430c189d3036439114.jpg

More Champions
The ‘Blazing Deserts’ DLC will introduce a variety of new human opponents. Several of these you can also face as more dangerous champions, like famed gladiators, nomad princes and southern officers of great renown. The screenshot below showcases some of the new named gear that these guys may carry.

d53bcc9f35620aeee1db8beaddee199e59dfef9a.jpg

We’ve also made more existing opponents into champions. For example, if you ever wanted to fight a particularly powerful necromancer with an illustrious name like ‘The Puppeteer’ or ‘The King of Worms’ who is carrying unique loot, you’ll soon be able to. And if you hire the Bounty Hunter as part of your retinue of non-combat followers, you can earn additional bounties for hunting down champions such as these, and find them more easily and more frequently.

New Treasure Items
In order to make fighting beasts, and particularly those of the powerful and dangerous variety, more rewarding, we’re introducing additional new treasure items. These are not for crafting, but only for selling. For example, a Hexe may now leave you a valuable jade brooch as you hasten her departure from this world, while an Unhold may have crushed and mashed any valuables that they found into a handy twisted ball, which you can loot and sell.

130d6f4581462604fa61b56cd468fb60d803c812.jpg

New Settlement Situations
The southern city states come with a selection of their own settlement situations. For example, a city may hold slave auctions, which significantly increases the availability of slaves. Sand storms may temporarily limit the availability of goods transported by caravans, and bread and games will mean lots of activity in the local arena and increased availability of gladiators for hire. Other situations, like slave revolts, are directly linked to contracts, and completing them will resolve the situation for the city and, in this case, make slaves available again for purchase.

7ffd05ad2bd89bc79817ea98c8b64bfbca22fb33.jpg

Northern settlements also get a few new situations, mostly to do with trade. A ceremonial season in a northern town with a temple means increased prices for incense and thus lucrative trading opportunities. Finally, tavern rumors now also include hints of settlement situations of nearby villages and towns, and less flavor responses, so that you get a better idea of trading, recruiting and work opportunities nearby. For example, if you’re set on hunting Unholds to wear their furs as cloaks, tavern rumors can now point you to villages where the giant creatures have been sighted.

vazha

Arcane
them new champions look rad indeed, and one of them is carrying a NEW famed mace. MMM. MMM-ace. smasheroo tactics. Also that Babylonian beard & hairdo on the middle dude.
Oh God I want to play this game so bad. I dont want to work :/

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://battlebrothersgame.com/dev-blog-139-the-serpent/

DEV BLOG #139: THE SERPENT

The bestiary of the south grows by another entry as we take a look at a scaled and slithery opponent this week: The Serpent. Read on!

THE SERPENT
While much of the south is made up of barren wasteland, the seas of sand are dotted with green islands that promise a treasure most sparse in these parts: water. Water means life in the great deserts, and so any caravans seeking to travel them will hop from one oasis to the next. They are lush refuges teeming with life, but also with danger, for they are home to a slithery predator: The Serpent.

serpent.jpg

The Serpent is a large non-venomous snake that preys on animals and humans alike in and around oases. Well-camouflaged on the ground, they are not always easily spotted from afar, but they are also slower on the world map than other beasts. Using their forked tongue to sample the air, they have a directional sense of smell and can hunt equally well in the darkness of night as they can in the bright of day.

In battle, a Serpent will seek to wind itself around their prey, to constrict their movement and breath, and to drag them away from allies where they can be more easily killed in isolation. Similar to human opponents using the ‘Hook’ skill of Billhooks, Serpents can pull apart a formation, drag your men into being surrounded by several opponents, and expose your backline. Although Serpents are not venomous, they will attack using their fangs until their victim is either dead or limp enough to be devoured whole.

serpents_ingame1.jpg

Serpents can be dangerous for anyone traveling the south, but they also offer an opportunity for earning crowns. The body of a Serpent is covered with overlapping scales of different colors, and some serpent skin, particularly rainbow colored scales, is worth a lot to the upper class of the city states that seek to flaunt their wealth. A mercenary captain will often find contracts to hunt down Serpents, whether to turn them into expensive-looking slippers or simply because too many a caravan hand lost their live along a trade route so that business begins to suffer. The shimmering scales are quite resistant to heat and fire, and a taxidermist can also craft an armor attachment out of these for use with your own men.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Doggy ratings? HYENAS ARE NOT EVEN CANINES

Although phylogenetically they are closer to felines and viverrids, and belong to the feliform category, hyenas are behaviourally and morphologically similar to canines in several elements of convergent evolution; both hyenas and canines are non-arboreal, cursorial hunters that catch prey with their teeth rather than claws. Both eat food quickly and may store it, and their calloused feet with large, blunt, nonretractable claws are adapted for running and making sharp turns. However, the hyenas' grooming, scent marking, defecating habits, mating and parental behaviour are consistent with the behaviour of other feliforms.[4]

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Battle Brothers devs should focus more on endgame after this DLC.
I get that the game is built around restarting what with map seeds and company origins, but if you get a really good map and you manage to recruit really good brothers, it'd be nice if there was something more to do after day 200.
Adding more tiers of weapons and armors, either enemies with increased stats on day x or entirely new enemies, mayde add a new crisis. A system where you can take over towns and destroy factions would also be nice.
Remember, more is better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom