Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Battle Brothers - Warriors of the North DLC Announced

Tigranes

Arcane
Human enemies best enemies

:YES!:

:NO!:

Anyway it could be interesting if they go for a "not-warhammer-chaos-warriors" theme and give them strange abilities and powers. Otherwise I am not hyped, I have spent 90% of my time in BB restarting in early game fighting bandits, if these guys are just end game "tankier bandits" then... meh.

And as many fine gentleman before me have already stated, what the game needs is interior maps + much more complex/interesting strategy layer to provide long term gameplay goals.*

I dont care about more enemies, if you give me the above I will throw sacks of precious Jew gold at you!

*But its pretty clear we need BB 2.0 for any of this to happen.

We don't want fantasy magic all over Battle Bros.

Zeriel

Arcane
At this rate they might even add battle sisters :O Something else they said they would work on during the kickstarter period...
Heh I could feel the sting of a dozen retarded/decline ratings for that one, oh if only we still had buttons *hint to any rpg codex site owners who might be browsing*

Anyways normally I'd be on the humans suck side and rather they add more fantastical creatures but considering how i ended up hating fighting most of the creatures from the beasts dlc (i admit i suck balls at the game which probably doesn't help) maybe fighting some straight forward barbarians who refuse to resort to paltry trickery in favor of an honest axe to the face might be just up my alley.

The issue to me is that their idea of making monsters "different" and "challenging" is just making them super tedious and annoying to fight, in a way that really takes you out of the game. I like orcs & goblins a lot design-wise--different tactics and strengths apply, but you don't feel like you're playing an entirely different game.

The monsters are really silly, half of them are "take all your clothing off and play baseball bat with the <witch/alps/x>".

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Human enemies are often the most interesting in RPGs because they tend to benefit from the diversity of rules and abilities that are designed for player characters. Monsters necessarily run on one or two gimmicks, whereas it's easy for human parties to have variety - and hopefully this DLC gives an exponential benefit to existing humans both ally and enemy.
Still, the first time one of my mercs was swallowed whole by a nachzehrer and then I freed him by killing the nachzehrer and he emerged covered in saliva, was glorious.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
I would like to see them moving away from this game and going to kickstarter to fund a properly battle brothers 2 with things like

- Long campaign similar to expedition games that can also serve to teach people how to play later sandbox
- better graphics, animated like banner saga
- more bosses, enemies, and different content than humans
- endgame that it is not a chore

They have a potential cult classic in this franchise
Not happening:
http://battlebrothersgame.com/conclusion-update-1-1-released/

The next project was supposed to be modern/sci-fi, and as much as I love BB, I'd also like them to have a go at something in vein of Jagged Alliance, since no amount of remakes seems to even come close to the spirit of original games.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You never know if it will happen in the future, "not happening" is a bit too general

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
You never know if it will happen in the future, "not happening" is a bit too general
Nitpicking. You could as well say the world might end anytime. It's obvious they might change their plans, as they did with DLCs, but the official statement says they're not planning BB2, and there was literally zero information that would suggest otherwise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom