Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle for Wesnoth general

yyuse

Literate
Aye, used to play this game a lot back when i had a linux laptop b/c my dad recommended me it, it being a free game thats actually on linux

i know right

anyway just poking around to see if anyone else remembers this. really a fan of the game's aesthetic, its like devs from 94 suddenly got pcs from a decade later. a bit weird, but i like it.

as stated it's free, it's good, i recommend people fuck around w/ it

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Remembers this?"
It's still being actively developed and has a lot of custom campaigns for it, too.

Definitely recommended to - well, pretty much anyone remotely interested in turn based strategy.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
One of those game i sucked at but loved immensely. This thread gave me the urge to replay it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I just saw Wesnoth on Steam also while checking out the New Releases tab and did a double-take. It's been ages since I've played it.

Fun game, has its flaws, but it's amazingly put together for an open-source type deal.

Citizen

I just saw Wesnoth on Steam also while checking out the New Releases tab and did a double-take. It's been ages since I've played it.

Fun game, has its flaws, but it's amazingly put together for an open-source type deal.

Free open-source game that plays and looks better than half of the retarded crap that sells for 20+$.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
This is one of my favorite TBS of all time. Cool to see it got a new official campaign added. I'm obviously worried about the move to steam because the steamcucks could start complaining the game isn't casual enough and become the new target audience so the next wesnoth update pozzes it up.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Wesnoth reminds me a lot of old console strategy games that shared the same sort of leveling units > evolving them kind of mechanics, like Dark Wizard, Brigandine, and Master of Monsters. Good company to be in.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
The bring to next scenario mechanic is probably one of the best things about Wesnoth and it would be all the poorer in depth if it didn't exist.

thesecret1

Arcane
I've found out that not only is Wesnoth a great game, it's also a great map making software. I use it to make maps for DnD and it's so damn easy to make great looking maps with – the only real drawback is the lack of default assets, but you can download some from mods, or use different software to place objects there after the fact (photoshop them in, or just align the grid with roll20 and use the assets from there). It also supports creating square rooms so I can keep using superior hex grid rather than the usual square one. Really, can't recommend the map editor enough, it's GM's best friend for easy to make, beautiful maps

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember playing this in multiplayer over Hamachi with a friend back in high school, around 2008 or so. Fun times.

It's also one of the few games that run on my shitty 12 year old netbook, so it's great for playing in bed or when in a train.

My favorite user-made campaign is Legend of the Immortals or however it's called, it's just super ridiculous with the powerful high level units.

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Just played some more of the Desert Elf campaign. I really rate it highly, nice worldbuilding! Also though it's on Nightmare difficulty, I only lost 2 units on the first mission and none halfway through the second, so it seems like it's balanced, and you're probably also supposed to finish up with a bunch of highly experienced units as per usual.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom