Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

Discussion in 'Chad's Gaming Forumz' started by Makabb, Feb 15, 2018.

1. funkadelik Arcane

funkadelik
    BF1 was such a horrible fucking game that I am not even bothering with BF5, especially with their SJW horseshit. I can play the new Insurgency and World War 3 looks cool so far.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • meh meh x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I guess playing a strong independent Kurdish former slave woman is better than a Scottish amputee in World war 2.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    ^ Top  
  4. Roygbiv Literate

Roygbiv
    Supposedly, the two women at the end of the singleplayer trailer are Jewish lesbian lovers.
    :0-13:

• Funny x 11
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • Despair x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    SJW's retardation in action,i hope that this franchise dies as star wars did. Oh well this drama will be fun.
    :yeah:

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    A little bit of drama :). It will be curious experiment,we will see how many people that buy such games are real man that won't buy it.

^ Top  
  8. PanteraNera Savant

PanteraNera
    And I thought that Fallout 76 had a lot of giggles to offer.
    Will be a close run between the two.
    Which one will be more hilarious?

^ Top  
  9. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
  10. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Uh...
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    Show Spoiler
    It's actually, rightfully, considered one of the best comics DC has put out in at least half a decade. All three of this series are worth a read.

^ Top  
  11. Oracsbox Educated

Oracsbox
    I'm genuinely coming to the conclusion that all these weird freaks that want to change the world have been sucked up by aliens and have had their brains sucked out through the anus when they were probed.

Firstly no way did he have this imaginary conversation with his daughter about sticking womynz in games secondly this game has nothing,nothing to do with the second world war aside from shitting on the memory of the people who actually served in it.

Why do they stick this stuff in to deliberately piss people off ? disabled women freedom fighters,black samurai,lesbian storyline seriously what is the point ? It won't change anything they'll lose sales and make themselves look utterly retarded.

Final thought anyone who says "They're on the right side of history" should be immediately hanged for being a cretin.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Deathsquid Learned

Deathsquid
    Way I see it, this all started either in very late 90ies or early 00s, when people in the marketing depts realized that it's easier and more lucrative to pander to the problem demographic than to try to correct its course, which is pretty much exactly at the "death of the action hero" phase of pop culture. That's the point at which you started getting whiny annoying emo gits as protagonists in major blockbusters instead of the usual Manly McMan type of action hero that grins and bears throughout - say, Spider Man vs Die Hard type of films.

We also get series that utterly pander to millennials and failed Gen Xers that go "It's fine to be an uncharming annoying geek, in fact it's kinda funny and you totally get the girl without working on yourself in any shape or form" - something that 90es YA soaps tended to avoid if I recall correctly, it was still about overcoming adversity and becoming a better, stronger, more charming version of self vs the "everything goes, embrace your quirks" shit. Yeah you know what, those caustic characters you see on TV that are funny? Ya I can be that way 24/7 and for some reason I kinda have to curb it because, shock of shocks, people find it funny for about 30 minutes a day and not all in one go.

So naturally now we get to the point where people have been pandered to for nearly two decades, and here's your fucking result, everything's supposed to go, all quirks are supposed to be embraced, and if you failed at, I dunno, whatever, be it getting a job or fulfilling one of the most basic biological functions like, I dunno, have sex, fuck making an effort, say it's political, blame others and make up some amazing shit niche belief or fetish to excuse your failure. Failed to date? Why you're a grassexual owlkin! Fuck you, cis-het opressors! Failed to get a job? Fuck you, that's my choice! Pay for me, mom and dad! What's this, a game's trailer is shit? Let's evoke a simple strawman that will shut everyone up! Hooray!

^ Top  
  13. Morgoth Arcane

Morgoth
    History falsification is a main feature of societal late-stage decadence.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Pika-Cthulhu Arcane

Pika-Cthulhu
    You know what the next line will be. 'Misogynists are killing women in videogames, and thats a bad thing!' 'Videogames are domestic abuse simulators, is your wifes son training to be a wife beater?' and other such nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. PanteraNera Savant

PanteraNera
    Could have been worse:
    [​IMG]

Wait no ... I think that would had been actually better

• Agree x 9
    • incline x 2
    • Excited! x 2
    • Yes x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Please, God, let this be real!

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Freddie Savant

Freddie
    It goes back further. Marketing of some major brands started reflecting some ideas quite early 90's. Adapting to trends like Grunge made it easy and adapting was also necessity. I think the general idea was maintain good corporate image so these generations wouldn't felt distanced from their more or less expensive products.

What comes to films, it's good to remember that it takes time from idea to get to production and production itself takes time. So many films that were released early to mid -90's were in spirit very much 80's films. I think Street Fighter (based on arcade) is good example of changing climate. It doesn't try to take itself seriously and it's actually pretty fun 80's film. Kill count is in perhaps even 100 or so (no blood though), some jokes are bad, more or less tongue in cheek, and really politically incorrect, yet, rated PG. You can't do that stuff any more. I speculate that if it was released in the 80's it weren't been panned so badly, because it's decent 80's film, but it was released in 1994 and it was already a different world.

^ Top  
  18. Morgoth Arcane

Morgoth
    Will this bring about the collapse of the gaming industry as we know it?

One can only hope.

^ Top  
  19. Dexter Arcane

Dexter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. quiteadecentusername Literate

quiteadecentusername
    The Devs' did not use actual modern wars as a setting for Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 and it seems it is not isolated to Battlefield, as modern shooters with WWII origins, cowardly, done the same. With my standards further lowered for these shooters (within regards to the presentation of history), I should expect Battlefield 5 will have made-up battles with the katana wielding British soldiers fighting against the suicide vest wearing Japanese troopers (ironically, somewhat accurate, for the Japanese military did task their troops to do things similar) and for the reboot of Model of Honor to flat-out be alternate history. (Yet another unintentional irony, this would be more respectful than what Battlefield 5 is)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    ^ Top  
  21. Oracsbox Educated

Oracsbox

Amusing video rips apart EA and Dice bullshit.
    For anyone interested the city he couldn't remember the name of is Leningrad.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. ZeniBot Scholar

ZeniBot
    The more important thing is that you make games for adults. why the fuck are you now all of a sudden wanting to make games for children.
    The people that buy your fucking games are not children, children don't have money their parents do. Nearly every parent will look at Battlefield 5 and think "what in the fuck is this?! no Timmy you're not getting this one" and if they did buy it then Grandpa comes along as says "What kind of degenerate bullshit is this?". They've completely and utterly missed the mark on this one. Its more that the lead designer thought that he could use a AAA studio as a means to raise his child. That is beyond retarded. The market naturally acted as it should have and I look forward to DICE's closure.

^ Top  
  23. BlackAdderBG Arcane Patron

BlackAdderBG
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Because he is lying.

^ Top  
  24. Lyric Suite Arcane

Lyric Suite
    EA was beginning to lose it's status as the absolute worst and most hated gaming publishers in the industry, so they had to come out with a way to put themselves back to villain stardom.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Bocian Arcane

Bocian
    "Accept it or don't buy the game".
    How is this even a choice at this point?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)