Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I guess playing a strong independent Kurdish former slave woman is better than a Scottish amputee in World war 2.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
5b2423ad84f93.png

5b2423d5628e2.png

edit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/8qynt7/were_done_its_over_new_rule_no_more_bitching/

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
A little bit of drama :). It will be curious experiment,we will see how many people that buy such games are real man that won't buy it.

PanteraNera

Arcane
And I thought that Fallout 76 had a lot of giggles to offer.
Will be a close run between the two.
Which one will be more hilarious?

Oracsbox

I'm genuinely coming to the conclusion that all these weird freaks that want to change the world have been sucked up by aliens and have had their brains sucked out through the anus when they were probed.

Firstly no way did he have this imaginary conversation with his daughter about sticking womynz in games secondly this game has nothing,nothing to do with the second world war aside from shitting on the memory of the people who actually served in it.

Why do they stick this stuff in to deliberately piss people off ? disabled women freedom fighters,black samurai,lesbian storyline seriously what is the point ? It won't change anything they'll lose sales and make themselves look utterly retarded.

Final thought anyone who says "They're on the right side of history" should be immediately hanged for being a cretin.

Deathsquid

Learned
Way I see it, this all started either in very late 90ies or early 00s, when people in the marketing depts realized that it's easier and more lucrative to pander to the problem demographic than to try to correct its course, which is pretty much exactly at the "death of the action hero" phase of pop culture. That's the point at which you started getting whiny annoying emo gits as protagonists in major blockbusters instead of the usual Manly McMan type of action hero that grins and bears throughout - say, Spider Man vs Die Hard type of films.

We also get series that utterly pander to millennials and failed Gen Xers that go "It's fine to be an uncharming annoying geek, in fact it's kinda funny and you totally get the girl without working on yourself in any shape or form" - something that 90es YA soaps tended to avoid if I recall correctly, it was still about overcoming adversity and becoming a better, stronger, more charming version of self vs the "everything goes, embrace your quirks" shit. Yeah you know what, those caustic characters you see on TV that are funny? Ya I can be that way 24/7 and for some reason I kinda have to curb it because, shock of shocks, people find it funny for about 30 minutes a day and not all in one go.

So naturally now we get to the point where people have been pandered to for nearly two decades, and here's your fucking result, everything's supposed to go, all quirks are supposed to be embraced, and if you failed at, I dunno, whatever, be it getting a job or fulfilling one of the most basic biological functions like, I dunno, have sex, fuck making an effort, say it's political, blame others and make up some amazing shit niche belief or fetish to excuse your failure. Failed to date? Why you're a grassexual owlkin! Fuck you, cis-het opressors! Failed to get a job? Fuck you, that's my choice! Pay for me, mom and dad! What's this, a game's trailer is shit? Let's evoke a simple strawman that will shut everyone up! Hooray!

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I'm genuinely coming to the conclusion that all these weird freaks that want to change the world have been sucked up by aliens and have had their brains sucked out through the anus when they were probed.

Firstly no way did he have this imaginary conversation with his daughter about sticking womynz in games secondly this game has nothing,nothing to do with the second world war aside from shitting on the memory of the people who actually served in it.

Why do they stick this stuff in to deliberately piss people off ? disabled women freedom fighters,black samurai,lesbian storyline seriously what is the point ? It won't change anything they'll lose sales and make themselves look utterly retarded.

Final thought anyone who says "They're on the right side of history" should be immediately hanged for being a cretin.

History falsification is a main feature of societal late-stage decadence.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
You know what the next line will be. 'Misogynists are killing women in videogames, and thats a bad thing!' 'Videogames are domestic abuse simulators, is your wifes son training to be a wife beater?' and other such nonsense.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You know what the next line will be. 'Misogynists are killing women in videogames, and thats a bad thing!' 'Videogames are domestic abuse simulators, is your wifes son training to be a wife beater?' and other such nonsense.
Please, God, let this be real!

Freddie

Savant
Way I see it, this all started either in very late 90ies or early 00s, when people in the marketing depts realized that it's easier and more lucrative to pander to the problem demographic than to try to correct its course, which is pretty much exactly at the "death of the action hero" phase of pop culture. That's the point at which you started getting whiny annoying emo gits as protagonists in major blockbusters instead of the usual Manly McMan type of action hero that grins and bears throughout - say, Spider Man vs Die Hard type of films.
It goes back further. Marketing of some major brands started reflecting some ideas quite early 90's. Adapting to trends like Grunge made it easy and adapting was also necessity. I think the general idea was maintain good corporate image so these generations wouldn't felt distanced from their more or less expensive products.

What comes to films, it's good to remember that it takes time from idea to get to production and production itself takes time. So many films that were released early to mid -90's were in spirit very much 80's films. I think Street Fighter (based on arcade) is good example of changing climate. It doesn't try to take itself seriously and it's actually pretty fun 80's film. Kill count is in perhaps even 100 or so (no blood though), some jokes are bad, more or less tongue in cheek, and really politically incorrect, yet, rated PG. You can't do that stuff any more. I speculate that if it was released in the 80's it weren't been panned so badly, because it's decent 80's film, but it was released in 1994 and it was already a different world.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Please, God, let this be real!

Will this bring about the collapse of the gaming industry as we know it?

One can only hope.

Oracsbox

Amusing video rips apart EA and Dice bullshit.
For anyone interested the city he couldn't remember the name of is Leningrad.

ZeniBot

Cipher

The more important thing is that you make games for adults. why the fuck are you now all of a sudden wanting to make games for children.
The people that buy your fucking games are not children, children don't have money their parents do. Nearly every parent will look at Battlefield 5 and think "what in the fuck is this?! no Timmy you're not getting this one" and if they did buy it then Grandpa comes along as says "What kind of degenerate bullshit is this?". They've completely and utterly missed the mark on this one. Its more that the lead designer thought that he could use a AAA studio as a means to raise his child. That is beyond retarded. The market naturally acted as it should have and I look forward to DICE's closure.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
EA was beginning to lose it's status as the absolute worst and most hated gaming publishers in the industry, so they had to come out with a way to put themselves back to villain stardom.

Bocian

Arcane
"Accept it or don't buy the game".
How is this even a choice at this point?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
EA was beginning to lose it's status as the absolute worst and most hated gaming publishers in the industry, so they had to come out with a way to put themselves back to villain stardom.
It is hard to keep that status when you don't have games to put out.

Roygbiv

Novice
Why would people think that Dice is going to deliver on post release content? They barely put out worthwhile DLC for BF1, and that was for pay. If this game doesn't do as well as they're expecting, (which is what I'm leaning towards) then we're most likely not going to see any Pacific theater or Eastern Front stuff. Maybe we'll get the Nanking Battle Royale pack still.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom