Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
This should come in as no surprise given that many BFV developers on Twitter and forums told people not to buy the title after the game’s reveal fiasco,

What? If you are a DICE employee you should be telling people to buy your game.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
No, wrong, wrong and wrong! You have to signal your moral superiority at the cost of sales at every opportunity! The product might tank but if you signal them strongly enough then you're still guaranteed continued employment in a different department or different company, because "you're one of the good ones".

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One reason for the poor sales could be that they just announced their game pass thingy. Battlefield V is included in that.

And who is this Adelaide Gardner? Don't tell me she is a dev.

Codex Year of the Donut

DemonKing

Arcane
EA really need to learn that SJWs aren't going to buy their games no matter how many black, disabled empowered women they force into them. Meanwhile the core shooter of audience of white males want to play WW2 games with some level of historic authenticity. Personally I'm looking forward to this but the marketing has been dire.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The first close up with a talking character is a Congolese man. And it ends with a black man throwing a knife at a white German officer. Subtle EA, subtle!

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Do they really believe that putting sjw crap in their games will broaden their audience and womunz will start buying some WW2 shooter en masse XDDD They can't be this naive.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Fucking corporations and their "muh diversity" narrative. If they so wanted to throw women in combat, svens should've swallow their pride and make a game about eastern front for better history accuracy.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
EA Patrick Sodurland: Those who have complaints are uneducated and hate women. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Battlefield V pre order sales are weak

EA Patrick Sodurland announced he would be leaving EA after twelve years of service on August 14, 2018

Parsifarka

Arcane
Sure I like House of the Rising Sun as any other fellow, but (((some people))) should start thinking about another song to exploit to death or I'll end up with a Ludovico-like shock conditioning.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Do they really believe that putting sjw crap in their games will broaden their audience and womunz will start buying some WW2 shooter en masse XDDD They can't be this naive.

Someone on top is telling them to put those things in there. You are also more likely to be promoted on top creative positions if you openly spout certain narratives.

I'm amazed people still think this is all about money. What will it take for retards to realize this is about power and that behind all those so called "private" companies there's a larger entity at work mobilized by a single purpose? We all know this PC garbage doesn't sell and yet every commercial company in the world does nothing but try to shove this shit down our throats, but nobody ever wonders why even though it is so clearly against their economic interests.

As if any of them are at risk of failing economically when they are all backed by a cartel of billionaires who dominate our banking and trading systems and have immense influence on the government as well.

Folks, wake the fuck up. It's all a fucking sham. There is no democracy in the west, and there is no such thing as fair competition. There is one uniform oligarchic rule that dictate who gets to succeed in the market and who gets squashed into oblivion, and those who succeed are the ones who play by their rules and promote their interests.

Last edited:

Big Wrangle

EA Patrick Sodurland: Those who have complaints are uneducated and hate women. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Battlefield V pre order sales are weak

EA Patrick Sodurland announced he would be leaving EA after twelve years of service on August 14, 2018
Guess he was banking on reverse psychology to override prior controversies about Battlefront 2. :lol:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Someone on top is telling them to put those things in there. You are also more likely to be promoted on top creative positions if you openly spout certain narratives.

I'm amazed people still think this is all about money. What will it take for retards to realize this is about power and that behind all those so called "private" companies there's a larger entity at work mobilized by a single purpose? We all know this PC garbage doesn't sell and yet every commercial company in the world does nothing but try to shove this shit down our throats, but nobody ever wonders why even though it is so clearly against their economic interests.

As if any of them are at risk of failing economically when they are all backed by a cartel of billionaires who dominate our banking and trading systems and have immense influence on the government as well.

Folks, wake the fuck up. It's all a fucking sham. There is no democracy in the west, and there is no such thing as fair competition. There is one uniform oligarchic rule that dictate who gets to succeed in the market and who gets squashed into oblivion, and those who succeed are the ones who play by their rules and promote their interests.

Not every company though, so not everyone is controlled by it.

For example Bethesda is not shoving SJW down your throat like every other company and Nintendo is totaly separated from it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Bethesda is owned directly by the tribe. They can do whatever they want. They have the entire media at their feet due to their connections, and Todd Howard is just happy with making money without putting any effort since the gaming press will hype his garbage regardless of how shit it is.

And Nintendo is a Japanese company. They got their own shit over there, i'm talking about the west here.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I think it's less because of the "controversy" but because of the competition and Battlefront II drama. Has the controversy even reached normie circles?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I think a lot of the dudebro audience isn't a fan. Call of Duty still has priorities straight and puts a man on the cover, and that's a great decision because CoD is beating BF5 in prerorders, BF5 has been a soft flop.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I think a lot of the dudebro audience isn't a fan. Call of Duty still has priorities straight and puts a man on the cover, and that's a great decision because CoD is beating BF5 in prerorders, BF5 has been a soft flop.
It could be more of a flop than we see and think. If the game doesn't deliver the expectations it could fuck EA stocks. It is like their third soft flop in a row.

Lambach

Arcane
I like to think that the weaker than expected pre-orders are not due to muh empowered wombynz but rather due to the fact people finally learned not to pre-order EA's motherfucking shit-covered, cancerous, radioactive sludge they call "video-games".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom