Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

Big Wrangle

It's multiple factors: Battlefront 2 controversy which soured EA and DICE's reputation, being sandwiched between Red Dead 2 and Black Ops 4 which people are more hyped about, the hostile responce from certain developers, and the lousy marketing.
In other words, karma is catching up to EA.

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I like to think that the weaker than expected pre-orders are not due to muh empowered wombynz but rather due to the fact people finally learned not to pre-order EA's motherfucking shit-covered, cancerous, radioactive sludge they call "video-games".
Nah,being offended at shit is far better than being smart.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Do they really believe that putting sjw crap in their games will broaden their audience and womunz will start buying some WW2 shooter en masse XDDD They can't be this naive.

Someone on top is telling them to put those things in there. You are also more likely to be promoted on top creative positions if you openly spout certain narratives.

I'm amazed people still think this is all about money. What will it take for retards to realize this is about power and that behind all those so called "private" companies there's a larger entity at work mobilized by a single purpose? We all know this PC garbage doesn't sell and yet every commercial company in the world does nothing but try to shove this shit down our throats, but nobody ever wonders why even though it is so clearly against their economic interests.

As if any of them are at risk of failing economically when they are all backed by a cartel of billionaires who dominate our banking and trading systems and have immense influence on the government as well.

Folks, wake the fuck up. It's all a fucking sham. There is no democracy in the west, and there is no such thing as fair competition. There is one uniform oligarchic rule that dictate who gets to succeed in the market and who gets squashed into oblivion, and those who succeed are the ones who play by their rules and promote their interests.

If there was no Democracy, then explain Donald Trump. Are you saying it was God's will?

Dexter

Arcane
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/20/cow...us-disappointment-citing-weak-pre-orders.html
Analyst predicts EA's 'Battlefield V' will be a 'serious disappointment,' says preorders lag 'Call of Duty' by more than 85%
  • Cowen believes EA’s “Battlefield V” game may put the company's financial guidance at risk.
  • The firm's analyst said preorders for “Battlefield V” are tracking more than 85 percent behind “Call of Duty: Black Ops 4,” which is substantially worse than previous instances.
  • “Battlefield 3” and “Battlefield 4” titles lagged “Call of Duty” by about 20 percent to 40 percent and “Battlefield 1” actually tracked ahead of “Call of Duty” at this point before launch.

Source: EA - A scene from Battlefield V

EA's most important nonsports game for this holiday season is struggling, according to Cowen.

The firm reiterated its market perform rating for Electronic Arts shares, citing weak preorders for the publisher's "Battlefield V" title.

"EA's Battlefield V currently appears to potentially be headed for serious disappointment," analyst Doug Creutz said in a note on Monday. It is lagging far behind "Call of Duty," "Red Dead Redemption 2" and "Assassin's Creed," he added, and by slightly more than it was two weeks ago in the case of the first two.

"If we had to pick one game to be a casualty of the crowded October window, this would clearly be it."

EA shares declined 0.4 percent Monday after the report.

Creutz reaffirmed his $114 price target for EA shares, representing 11 percent downside to Friday's close.

"Battlefield V" is slated to be released on Oct. 19 between the launch dates of Oct. 12 for Activision's "Call of Duty: Black Ops 4" and Oct. 26 for Take-Two's "Red Dead Redemption 2."

The analyst said preorders for "Battlefield V" are tracking more than 85 percent behind "Call of Duty: Black Ops 4," which is substantially worse than previous instances. "Battlefield 3" and "Battlefield 4" titles lagged "Call of Duty" by about 20 percent to 40 percent and "Battlefield 1" actually tracked ahead of "Call of Duty" at this point before launch.

"This is very far off the tracking levels of previous Battlefield titles in 2011, 2013, and 2016," he said. "With a release date directly in between CoD and RDR, we worry that BFV could be headed for a similar fate as 2016's Titanfall 2, which got squeezed out by its launch date directly between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare."

The analyst said the 13 million to 14 million unit sales, which he estimates is factored into EA's guidance for the title, is not looking achievable.

"This suggests a meaningful risk factor to EA's FY19 guidance," he said.

EA declined to comment on the Cowen analyst report.

Soo many Uneducated people out there: https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/...ing-theyre-too-uneducated-to-pre-order/66947/
kDK13JA.png

zxkGryZ.png

zu6dbBi.png

8kgTTeU.png

wLu2s60.png

7YT0lGe.png

I hope they put womyn on the cover of the next FIFA and Madden next, maybe EA can yet experience bankruptcy.

Big Wrangle

More than 85%? Goddamn, that's worse than I imagined. Also One Angry Gamer is a low-hanging fruit "journalist." :smug:

vonAchdorf

Arcane

Pete Hines likes this.

He quickly switched gears after his "punching nazis" campaign for TNC didn't really translate into sales.
---

The analyst said the 13 million to 14 million unit sales, which he estimates is factored into EA's guidance for the title, is not looking achievable.

If their guidance isn't correct anymore, they'll have to update it at the next quarterly report latest.

Dexter

Arcane
More than 85%? Goddamn, that's worse than I imagined. Also One Angry Gamer is a low-hanging fruit "journalist." :smug:
See the article:
“Battlefield 3” and “Battlefield 4” titles lagged “Call of Duty” by about 20 percent to 40 percent and “Battlefield 1” actually tracked ahead of “Call of Duty” at this point before launch.

There were a bunch of think-pieces in 2016 in fact wondering whether Battlefield 1 can actually finally beat Call of Duty, they might have actually managed with this game if they didn't shit their pants: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidt...to-beat-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-ripcod/

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Battlefield 1 can actually finally beat Call of Duty

During the recent gameplay videos from Battlefield 1, you may have noticed that things we’re looking as they always do: fields full of men shooting each other. There’s not a woman in sight in Battlefield 1. According to an ex-DICE coder, this is because the concept of a female soldier is just not believable to the game’s core audience of boys.

Talking about her experiences at DICE on Twitter, Amandine Coget explained that the original Battlefield 1 pitch said “screw realism, we’re adding female soldiers, because we’re way overdue”. But, a few months later, an email thread at the company declared the idea was scrapped.

Coget was understandably upset, especially considering Battlefield 1 takes a fair few liberties in regards to historical realism. “Check how many tanks were involved and how they worked. Check the lethality of parachutes,” she tweeted, noting that these are just two non-realistic elements in the game.

I did eventually get them to spit out the real reasons.
All that is believable but female soldiers are not, to the core audience of boys.

This time they decided to screw "realism" and "do the right thing".

Dexter

Arcane
Talking about her experiences at DICE on Twitter, Amandine Coget explained that the original Battlefield 1 pitch said “screw realism, we’re adding female soldiers, because we’re way overdue”. But, a few months later, an email thread at the company declared the idea was scrapped.

Coget was understandably upset, especially considering Battlefield 1 takes a fair few liberties in regards to historical realism. “Check how many tanks were involved and how they worked. Check the lethality of parachutes,” she tweeted, noting that these are just two non-realistic elements in the game.

I did eventually get them to spit out the real reasons.
All that is believable but female soldiers are not, to the core audience of boys.
This definitely sounds like someone you should get advice from in order to make your billion $ headline AAA money-printing franchise about shooting people in the face in semi-realistic warfare settings more successful:

Frenchie in Scandinavia, freelance game engine plumber and textile tangler. Ranter extraordinaire. Queer. She/her pronouns but don’t call me a woman.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Do they really believe that putting sjw crap in their games will broaden their audience and womunz will start buying some WW2 shooter en masse XDDD They can't be this naive.

Someone on top is telling them to put those things in there. You are also more likely to be promoted on top creative positions if you openly spout certain narratives.

I'm amazed people still think this is all about money. What will it take for retards to realize this is about power and that behind all those so called "private" companies there's a larger entity at work mobilized by a single purpose? We all know this PC garbage doesn't sell and yet every commercial company in the world does nothing but try to shove this shit down our throats, but nobody ever wonders why even though it is so clearly against their economic interests.

As if any of them are at risk of failing economically when they are all backed by a cartel of billionaires who dominate our banking and trading systems and have immense influence on the government as well.

Folks, wake the fuck up. It's all a fucking sham. There is no democracy in the west, and there is no such thing as fair competition. There is one uniform oligarchic rule that dictate who gets to succeed in the market and who gets squashed into oblivion, and those who succeed are the ones who play by their rules and promote their interests.

If there was no Democracy, then explain Donald Trump. Are you saying it was God's will?

Well, maybe i was being a bit hyperbolic but everything that's been happening with Trump shows precisely what i'm talking about. The "system" is there but is completely manipulated by those on top and when something slips through their control they go ape shit.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik

What am I even looking at here? What is being depicted? All the people fighting in Rotterdam are talking British English. What? I remember good old Battlefield which had German, Japanese, Russian, etc. dialogue. I figured that this time around, they were just too cheap to have the soldiers speak anything other than English. But then I saw a Union Jack flag. Am I to assume that they made a map with British and Germans fighting over Rotterdam sometime between the bombing and the liberation?

I don't have the same level of education as EA execs, but I do happen to be Dutch and I know that Rotterdam was liberated by the Canadians without a fight in May 1945, after the Germans had already surrendered.

What we're seeing now is a bunch of black guys firing heavy weaponry and shooting people in the back amidst a bunch of rubble with non-functional public transport, so maybe it's supposed to be Rotterdam in 2018 rather than 1942. But again I lack some education so I might be missing something.

If EA wanted to do something progressive and revolutionary, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, they would show the fighting in and around Rotterdam in 1940, and let you play Dutch soldiers talking real Dutch, fighting with obsolete weaponry. The "victory condition" would just be holding a bridge for a time until the heavy bombers show up and reduce the city to the ruins that you see in the trailer. They should tell real forgotten stories of WWII instead of inventing some ghetto bullshit. Women? Sure, let's have some obscure battle on the Eastern Front with female Soviet pilots.

Of course, researching this shit takes some real (self-)education, so it's all the more disappointing that these educated people don't have the balls to do something new while also being faithful to World War II as it was.

vonAchdorf

Arcane

If they have glorious history nerds, why did they go the lazy route instead if finding interesting and "realistic" female WW2 characters. I still think BO4 and RDR2 are greater influences, but insulting your fanbase wasn't great marketing after lazily implementing modern female characters in your "muh realism" WW2 shooter may also have played a role.

mbv123

Arbiter
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/20/cow...us-disappointment-citing-weak-pre-orders.html
Analyst predicts EA's 'Battlefield V' will be a 'serious disappointment,' says preorders lag 'Call of Duty' by more than 85%
  • Cowen believes EA’s “Battlefield V” game may put the company's financial guidance at risk.
  • The firm's analyst said preorders for “Battlefield V” are tracking more than 85 percent behind “Call of Duty: Black Ops 4,” which is substantially worse than previous instances.
  • “Battlefield 3” and “Battlefield 4” titles lagged “Call of Duty” by about 20 percent to 40 percent and “Battlefield 1” actually tracked ahead of “Call of Duty” at this point before launch.

Source: EA - A scene from Battlefield V

EA's most important nonsports game for this holiday season is struggling, according to Cowen.

The firm reiterated its market perform rating for Electronic Arts shares, citing weak preorders for the publisher's "Battlefield V" title.

"EA's Battlefield V currently appears to potentially be headed for serious disappointment," analyst Doug Creutz said in a note on Monday. It is lagging far behind "Call of Duty," "Red Dead Redemption 2" and "Assassin's Creed," he added, and by slightly more than it was two weeks ago in the case of the first two.

"If we had to pick one game to be a casualty of the crowded October window, this would clearly be it."

EA shares declined 0.4 percent Monday after the report.

Creutz reaffirmed his $114 price target for EA shares, representing 11 percent downside to Friday's close.

"Battlefield V" is slated to be released on Oct. 19 between the launch dates of Oct. 12 for Activision's "Call of Duty: Black Ops 4" and Oct. 26 for Take-Two's "Red Dead Redemption 2."

The analyst said preorders for "Battlefield V" are tracking more than 85 percent behind "Call of Duty: Black Ops 4," which is substantially worse than previous instances. "Battlefield 3" and "Battlefield 4" titles lagged "Call of Duty" by about 20 percent to 40 percent and "Battlefield 1" actually tracked ahead of "Call of Duty" at this point before launch.

"This is very far off the tracking levels of previous Battlefield titles in 2011, 2013, and 2016," he said. "With a release date directly in between CoD and RDR, we worry that BFV could be headed for a similar fate as 2016's Titanfall 2, which got squeezed out by its launch date directly between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare."

"This suggests a meaningful risk factor to EA's FY19 guidance," he said.

EA declined to comment on the Cowen analyst report.

Soo many Uneducated people out there: https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/...ing-theyre-too-uneducated-to-pre-order/66947/
kDK13JA.png

zxkGryZ.png

zu6dbBi.png

8kgTTeU.png

wLu2s60.png

7YT0lGe.png

I hope they put womyn on the cover of the next FIFA and Madden next, maybe EA can yet experience bankruptcy.
The gift that keeps on giving

Dexter

Arcane
Swedecucks aren't learning animals. :lol:
https://archive.is/2O3ki
Battlefield V Developer Says It's 'a Shame' DICE Didn't Include Women in Battlefield 1
“It’s about gamers wanting to express themselves in different ways."
By Colin Stevens

Aleksander Grøndal, executive producer at DICE, has gone on record stating he wishes the team had added female characters to Battlefield 1 instead of waiting until Battlefield V to do so.

Speaking with GamesRadar+, Grøndal asserted that players being able to express themselves through characters in gameplay is essential, which includes being able to play as women.

"I mean, if we were getting on the bandwagon, I created Battlefield 1, and we could've 'jumped on the bandwagon' that time around,” Grøndal said. "I think it’s a shame we didn’t [add women], because that perhaps would've been better for us. I don’t think it’s a bandwagon thing, I think it’s about gamers wanting to express themselves in different ways."

"If you take a look at Battlefield historically, it’s been about expressing yourself through gameplay, solving problems the way you want to, and these characters fall perfectly in line with that thinking. Of course, any time that someone is upset about some choices that you make in the game, it’s not great. It’s not what you want to do, you want to create a game that’s the best game for all our players," he said.

“We decided to make a game that involved personalizing a character, creating your own company of soldiers. And we thought it was right that you could be able to be whomever you wanted to be in that context. We stand by that. I still think it’s the right thing to do, and I still think it’s the right thing for us as a franchise. It takes a good bit of balancing," Grøndal said.

The inclusion of female characters in Battlefield V has been controversial for some, as many note the historical inaccuracy of having women fighting in World War II as a reason for their dissatisfaction. DICE has pushed back in the past, saying player choice and playable female characters are here to stay, and that the team will always put fun over authenticity.

For more on Battlefield V, check out details on how to get early access to the game’s open beta beginning on September 4. Battlefield V is coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One on October 19, 2018.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Play Rising Storm 2 if you want a meaty, realistic or brutal historical shooter. Not WW2 era but it's the next best thing IMO.

Tehdagah

Arcane
"Uneducated" is a serious insult.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom