Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

Beastro

Arcane
It's customary for Battlefield's campaigns to magnify the myriad flaws of CoD campaigns.
Now that CoD doesn't even have a campaign I shudder to think how bad it'll be.

Amusing considering that Battlefield was only good back when it was the only one without a campaign.

Are you implying in any way or form that they aren't? Haven't you seen the world cup? France is one of the most ancient black african countries in Europa!+M

If we're gonna go by that, then America and Canada are all Scandanavians and Russians given how many are brought over for the NHL.

nvestigations include:

• What type of disruptive behavior do we see in Battlefield today?
  • What drives or triggers people to disrupt other players games?
  • How can we prevent disruptive behavior in our titles and community?
  • What are some experiments we could conduct to measure benefits of punishing bad or rewarding good behavior?

What's the fun in online FPS gameplay if you can't do anything of these things?

I mean, most of my time on BF1942 was using bugs to camp the airfields and US aircraft carrier by managing to clip through and sit inside structures, as well as using another bug to make amphibious vehicles drive underneath the water specifically to piss people off.

The latter was hilarious in capture the flag, as your flag had to be at your base in order to successfully capture the enemies, so me stealing one and then spending the rest of the game hiding underwater avoiding planes trying to kamikaze into me while ships sails around desperately trying to shoot me brought the entire match to a grinding halt every time.

Last edited:
Unwanted

†††

Patron
aXREGJf.png

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
User scores are also very "emotional" and not reliable. People vote either 0 or 10 and a lot vote without even having played the game.
Not talking about BFV specifically of course

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
User scores are also very "emotional" and not reliable. People vote either 0 or 10 and a lot vote without even having played the game.
Come on,show me game where the user score is not accurate. People get emotional over good and bad games,not over some mediocre nohype games.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Come on,show me game where the user score is not accurate. People get emotional over good and bad games,not over some mediocre nohype games.
How can I know where is the user score more "accurate"? Is there some other knowledge base to compare with? I'm only saying that metacritic user score is simply the depiction of the emotional reaction of people on games, not necessarily representing the actual quality of the game it self

Wunderbar

Arcane
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/hitman-absolution
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/dragon-age-inquisition

Kitchen Utensil

That's true, most individual reviews are utterly worthless. However, meta user scores/steam ratings often reflect the quality of a game quite accurately.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I watch only the user score,don't care about the shill one.
Yeah no shit, but any game that has a negative popular opinion will be bombed with 0s by people who have never played the game to begin with meaning the entire thing is pointless.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Plus lets not forget the amazing art of "review bombing" for whatever reason that happens in each separate case

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Both are mediocre AAA games.

I watch only the user score,don't care about the shill one.
Yeah no shit, but any game that has a negative popular opinion will be bombed with 0s by people who have never played the game to begin with meaning the entire thing is pointless.
So you have played all the games you have criticized?

Plus lets not forget the amazing art of "review bombing" for whatever reason that happens in each separate case
Nothing wrong with review bombing,if the customers are pissed they bomb it,don't be a corporate shill. In the end i am old enough to be able to read past the bullshit whine and decipher the real problems by reading a few user reviews.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion
Can you put even less effort in your next post?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
So you have played all the games you have criticized?
I can call Overwatch poorly designed and balanced hero shooter shit, but I won't go on Metacritic to rate it as something I have played, because I have not. If BFV was on Steam and there was a baseline to entry because you have to buy and play games to review them on Steam, I believe it would have mixed or mostly positive reviews.

Big Wrangle

Technically, googling Metacritic, looking up Oblivion, then copypasting the link requires more steps than typing words. :smug:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Technically, googling Metacritic, looking up Oblivion, then copypasting the link requires more steps than typing words. :smug:
Physically i agree,mentally...not really. I was literally thinking while writing the post that some retard will bring up some dead horse like oblivion or fallout3.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Both review shilling and bombing are retarded. Bombing sometimes happens for reasons that make sense, other times they are utterly retarded - see for example Battle Brothers being bombed because they didn't implement modding - even though they never promised to do so

*My point being that I would like to see actual reviews and opinions for the games but what we get are emotional reactions and "wars" with developers and so on

Unwanted

†††

Patron
your problem is using the console examples when we know the popamolers gonna popamole. DA:I in its PC version has a 59 user score (Hitman only goes down by 0.4 compared to PS3)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:shredder:
At this rate Anthem must be a success,it could really break the horse's back. It just lost a 3 years of stock gains in a few months. The times we live in are truly amazing.
jtS1sIY.png

Edit:LoL even Activision lost a third of their stock value.....amazing times.

EditEdit: Wath the fuck even ubishit is crumbling......
:abyssgazer:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
All "tech" is going down in stock price. I believe it has to do with Apple's stock crashing and the rest is bad rep that gets reflected on anything that counts as "Tech". Of course getting progressively greedy and lazy and rehashing the same franchises with next to no innovation for the past 10 years is starting to catch up with EA, Ubisoft and Activision, and it's not helping :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom