Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey, look at the chick from Horizon: Zero Dawn! What the fuck is she doing here? Apart from making sure that we have our token strong womyn.

We can safely say that the BF series successfully jumped the shark at last. At least so far it could pretend that it had some kind of realism in it, but this is totally bonkers from now on.

Vexxt

Educated
Ugh - utter shit.

That woman is so strong, tough and independent that she can do everything a man can in war, except she can also do it with a prosthetic arm! Take that patriarchy!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Battlefield Vagina

(can't take credit for it though, but damn funny)

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
So they won't show smoking because it's teh bad but they show killing and that's ok, and they encourage kids to cut off their sisters' arms to make them into cool cyborgs.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Personally, I don't care about the chick. As soon as we knew the game was gonna sell customization options, this was inevitable. However, the gameplay in the trailer was horrible and visually I got a fortnight/overwatch feel. Not what I expected after brilliant visual design of BF1.

Dexter

Arcane
And they said WAR NEVER CHANGES.
:lol::lol::lol:

At this point it's just too much and ridiculous that I can only laugh about it, this is too retarded to even be annoyed or upset about, they might have aswell placed Mickey and Goofy on the Battlefield and it would've been more suitable and realistic.

Dexter

Arcane
Does anyone remember a caricature drawing of the far future with people exiting a cinema after having watched a movie about World War (2?) and it's all circus elephants and soldiers on horses with lances and silly hats, dressed funny and stuff (I can't seem to be able to find it)? We're getting there quicker than I thought, you can't even parody this shit anymore.

Ah, this'll have to do:
31fmyg333oz01.png

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Trailer is boring and bland, showing nothing new. They really think that they will sell this again with this CoD action packed scripted retarded trailers? Its banal, its low effort, its fake, it can only hype 10 year olds, and even kids are getting fed up with this.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
kangz, crippled womynz, and cancerous character customization which will lead to loot boxes
am i gonna be able to get eotechs and laser sights on my m1 garand along with a rainbow paintjob

Big Wrangle

Did they plan to do another futuristic Battlefield and EA made them change it to WW2 in the last minute or something?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does anyone remember a caricature drawing of the far future with people exiting a cinema after having watched a movie about World War (2?) and it's all circus elephants and soldiers on horses with lances and silly hats, dressed funny and stuff (I can't seem to be able to find it)? We're getting there quicker than I thought, you can't even parody this shit anymore.

Ah, this'll have to do:
31fmyg333oz01.png

Lol, when World War 2 turned into tumblr. It's so damn bizarre reading that statement. World War 2, a turning point in history where the absolute best(and worst) of men fought and died... and we get:

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:Gotto be inclusive!

If they just made their own setting I wouldn't care.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Are there still any players for bf1942? Redownloaded it for nostalgia purposes and got hit with this track and now I want to play it again.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
the feature list from the preview they did to youtubers
Dd6y2EHVAAAKTlK.jpg:large

Also, let's be real here, this EAs big cash cow, womynz are there for those sweet sweet cosmetic microtransactions. Even if the game will be good, it will look like a freak show. Hopefully there will be mods to only see vanilla skins, kinda like the Battlefront 2 mods

orcinator

Liturgist

PBF209-Now_Showing.jpg

DemonKing

Arcane
All they had to do was show us a video of a Tiger knocking down a wall and some cool environmental destruction or ragdoll physics and I would have been sold.

Instead we get a shaky cam video of a strong, disabled woman defeating the Nazi war machine on her own with a katana. The only surprising thing is that she wasn't black.

Well played EA...well played.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom