Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

Deathsquid

Learned
Oh man it sure looks like WW2 was fun, people jumping into houses and stealth-taking down nazis, jumping onto tanks and having cybernetic limbs.

Why the fuck do people say war is hell anyway? Surely they mean HELLA FUN

Hopefully there's like diesel mechs too, I'd love to play a diesel mech in a WW2 simulator game like this new Battlefield

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
They really shouldn't even bother replying to people on Twitter because your grounds for defense are so fucking small there that you just cause more damage from it. No one is gonna take a game where you have female british amputee soldiers as historically accurate.
Also, this has the worst like/dislike ratio of any Battlefield trailer on Youtube. The dislikes went from 70k to 134k just today, while likes went from around 150k to 168k.
bkT8D4E.png

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
By the way, I just found out about Battlefeminist not via the Codex or the wider Internet, but through a longtime Steam friend who is a horrible sexist basement-dweller.

Only kidding, she's actually a married woman with a toddler and she usually slurps up popamole like candy.

984cd0d762.png

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
As I said tho, it's more than likely, that the trailer is just singleplayer shenanigans and all that popamole shit.

The actual real multiplayer gameplay trailer has yet to be revealed, to show how the game ACTUALLY plays out, instead of some cgi movie from ww2.

BF1 had cgi intro trailers, too, and the gameplay trailer only came later, and was much better than the first ones..

eh well see

TLDR: Trailer is shit, but that doesn't mean the game is. Wait and see.
Also amputee women has no business in a WW2 shooter.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Daedalos Well, yeah, it's an EA game. The track record has shown that three hundred million fucktards will buy every new EA game no matter what.

I haven't bought an EA game since years before Origin existed, and probably the only genuinely good game (or so I hear) that I really missed out on was Dead Space.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
EA shooters are not bad.

Battlefront 2 is a solid game, if you overlook the MTX debacle, the game itself is fucking kickass.

Battlefield 1, solid solid WW1 shooter, had a ton of fun.

I suspect I will have a ton of fun with WW2, too, despite the grievances.

Don Peste

Arcane
It surprises me that they keep pushing these insulting fake gameplay trailers, reminds me of the infamous Killzone 2 video.
Anyway, it's EA and a AAA franchise, what did you expect?

But if they really wanted diversity and some respect for history, they could have put together:

A Sikh officer with a huge knife.
A muslim SS volunteer with a flamethrower.
A native American with a mohican and warpaint.
A female Soviet partisan with a couple of PPSH.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
DoI has historically accurate divisions and stuff like buffalo soldiers for variety.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I think BF1 was the cut off point where they decided to succumb to the SJW bullshit and they stopped being able to capture the gameplay and feeling they have done for over 10 years already. Anything before that in the main series was generally good. I have yet to play BF1, but to those that have, were there any large scale levolution events like BF4? From all the gameplay I have seen, the level design seems far worse and the sense of scale really is not there.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
MotherMachinae
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHA
What a disaster. They are trying so hard to shut down any negative comments on this game. Their trailer has all the comments constantly deleted and they blatantly just took down a parody because it shined a negative light.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They are always so damn aggressive when they try to lecture.

And

Go away bigot! But read this article.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom