Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
8ae00e3934.png

"behave yourself" coming from a person who clearly throws a temper tantrum.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I wonder how they go from one of the best trailers to one of the worst ever.

Big Wrangle

I am not certain on this recollection but I think their trailer editor left?

Zer0wing

Cipher
No, it's not. It's not gonna be like WW2. It looks like a Bioshock: Infinite sequel. It even has a new waifu.

Deathsquid

Learned
As if it was the women and not the committee-led design effort for one of EA's flagship titles.

Honestly though, all these things separately are absolutely fine. Women in WW2? Yes, that happened, absolutely. Amputees continuing to fight? Sure. Stealth takedowns? I'm gonna guess yeah, happened too. Heroic leaps onto tank armor? Mmmmmm... Okay, starting to stretch it a bit. Grenades? Yes! WW2 had grenades, and probably someone once managed to shoot down a plane with their SMG.

Put it all together and it's a clown car that just overturned and everyone's trying to figure out how it managed to have so many clowns, who let them drive the car, and why the fuck it's so goddamned funny.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Why can't they just remake 1942 and improve on it ?

Nintendo understands this and pumps out enhanced Mario games for over 20 years.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Why can't they just remake 1942 and improve on it ?

Nintendo understands this and pumps out enhanced Mario games for over 20 years.

American corporations are under the impression that catering to virtue-signaling left-wingers leads to high sales. In the case of games, catering to SJWs does lead to good reviews from gaming "journalists," and good reviews have traditionally led to increased sales—but this is almost never the case when those reviews are the result of catering to SJWs. See Fuckwhitesenstein: The Jew Cucklossus.

Nintendo suffers from no such insanity and simply delivers fun games, and they do so without needing to poach smaller studios and work their employees to death running their IPs into the ground, as EA does, hence why Nintendo is held in far higher regard by pretty much everyone.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Shit looks ridiculous. I was actually pretty excited to read that there would be maps set in Norway and Rotterdam. It would have been cool to have a map set in some lesser-known battle like the paratrooper landings in and around Rotterdam at the beginning of the invasion. But they'll probably just use the city after the bombing as some kind of post-apocalyptic wasteland to stage ahistorical fights between amputee trannies. Very sad.

Enosh

Arcane
American corporations are under the impression that catering to virtue-signaling left-wingers leads to high sales. In the case of games, catering to SJWs does lead to good reviews from gaming "journalists," and good reviews have traditionally led to increased sales—but this is almost never the case when those reviews are the result of catering to SJWs. See Fuckwhitesenstein: The Jew Cucklossus.

Nintendo suffers from no such insanity and simply delivers fun games, and they do so without needing to poach smaller studios and work their employees to death running their IPs into the ground, as EA does, hence why Nintendo is held in far higher regard by pretty much everyone.
BF1 did quite well last I checked
the whole "sjw don't buy stuff" is hugely overblown, plus nerds almost never let go of franchises they like no matter how much they fuck with them

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
BF1 did quite well last I checked
the whole "sjw don't buy stuff" is hugely overblown, plus nerds almost never let go of franchises they like no matter how much they fuck with them

Last I checked, BF1 didn't cater to SJWs; but then again, I don't tend to follow AAA popamole very closely. Also, the vast majority of people who play EA's games aren't nerds, nor even dweebs or dorks for that matter.

The "SJWs don't buy stuff" meme is based on fact. See BioWare's Jennifer "Skip Combat Button" Hepler (an early example) and Anita Sarkeesian, for instance, who either by their own admission or available evidence clearly don't play video games or know anything about them, and whose only interest in them is to queef about muh diversity and inclusion and muh feminism.

Furthermore, most blatantly SJW-ified games either flop or just don't do particularly well. If there are any notable exceptions, I'm all ears.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
ITT retard faggots still think this is about money and not ideology.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom