Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
What a hell with their prices? it is not AAA++++ game and they still charge it like EA

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
What a hell with their prices? it is not AAA++++ game and they still charge it like EA
What's strange about that? These who have money would pay, these that don't would pirate. Everyone would be happy. At least they don't charge 60 $ + 3.7$ GDPR costs related fees.

What is the release date for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2?
  • We expect Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 to release in 2018.
What platforms will Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 be on?
  • Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 will be released on PC.
When will the story of Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 take place?
  • The story will take place during the Gathering Storm era.
Is there an official Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 Discord Channel?
What engine is Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 using?
  • Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 will use Unreal 4.
Who is doing the soundtrack?
  • Returning from the first game, Doyle W. Donehoo will be doing the soundtrack once again.
Will it require an online connection?
  • No, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 will not require an online connection to play, but you will need one for multiplayer.
Will it be possible to mod Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2?
  • No, we don't currently plan for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 to be moddable.
Wiil Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 have microtransactions?
  • There are no plans to implement microtransactions in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2.
Will Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 have controller support?
  • No, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 will be keyboard and mouse only.
What are the recommended specifications?
  • These will be announced closer to the release of the game.
Will there be Linux support?
  • We don't plan on having Linux support at release, no.
Will there be Mac support?
  • We don't plan on having Mac support at release, no.
What factions will be playable when Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 releases?
  • All twelve announced factions will be playable when Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 releases. In no particular order, these are: the Imperial Navy, Space Marines, Adeptus Mechanicus, Necrons, Chaos, Aeldari Corsairs, Aeldari Craftworld, Drukhari, the T’au Merchant and Protector Fleets, Orks, and finally, the Tyranids.
Which factions will we see within the campaigns as enemies and as playable races?
  • We currently plan for the Imperial Navy, the Necrons and the Tyrannids to have a playable campaign at launch.
How large will the controllable ships be?
  • Very large ships, such as the Adeptus Astartes' Phalanx will be playable.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/5332/answering-your-frequently-asked-questions

ArchAngel

Arcane
Wow, they are making a much bigger game this time. I hope it is not worse than the last one, I had fun playing that one. And watching people play PvP on twitch was also entertaining for few weeks.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamesn.com/battlefleet-gothic-armada-2/battlefleet-gothic-armada-2-factions

Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 takes the unrivalled variety of Warhammer 40K to the stars
This adaption of Games Workshop's niche space battles tabletop game revels in the mad variety of the universe's factions

Battlefleet-Gothic-Armada-2.jpg

Spaceships are rarely seen in Warhammer 40,000 despite it having a sci-fi setting. The core tabletop game is all about ground-based conflicts, and almost every videogame adaptation of the setting opts for the boots-and-bolters approach, too. This is what makes Tindalos Interactive’s Battlefleet Gothic: Armada series so appealing – it brings the colossal, cathedral-like space barges seen in the pages of the Warhammer 40K rulebook to life. And in the sequel there’s more choice than ever before.

Battlefleet Gothic’s mechanical roots are in Games Workshop’s niche tabletop game of the same name; a turn-based tactical battle set among the stars. The physical version was discontinued in 2013, meaning the last five years of advancements in the 40K universe have never made the transition to miniatures form. Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 makes this its main mission: with all 12 of the tabletop game’s factions present in digital, real-time form, you’ll be able to engage with up-to-date fleets that feel part of the modern Warhammer 40,000 world.

Gone are the Eldar and Dark Eldar fleets of old, and in are Aeldari and Drukhari, complete with any required visual tweaks. Adeptus Mechanicus return with a new vigour thanks to their recent rework in the lore and models range. The campaign rages against the backdrop of the Gathering Storm and the 13th Black Crusade – 40K’s latest storyline – and sees the Imperium clash with Necrons and the Tyranid Hive Fleet. Even Roboute Guilliman features in his new role as Lord Commander of the Imperium. In short, this is the most up-to-date version of the 41st millenium to feature in a videogame.

A recent hands-on with Armada 2 allowed me to take command of any of the 12 factions in the game’s skirmish mode. This mode is all about capturing strategic locations and outpacing your opponent in a race to the maximum victory points threshold. Holding locations generates those points, so maintaining air superiority and denying the enemy access to these zones is, arguably, more important that securing kills.

Each side has access to a small fleet comprised of ships that are each designed to perform a specific task. While every faction has unique vessels there are mirror images everywhere. For example, there’s always a collection of large units capable of deploying smaller fighter squadrons, used for harassing tactics. But it’s beyond these similarities in the smaller, unique details, that Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 finds its footing.

Imperial ships, in all their gothic splendour, must engage the flames of kilometre-long thrusters in order to speed up and glide through the inky blackness of space. Set Necron ships to do the same, however, and they’ll warp out of existence, only to reappear at their target destination in a flash of green. While the end result is largely the same – both ships get to where they need to be quickly – their unique technologies position them for entirely different roles. Necrons are deep strikers that are able to instantly swarm their targets and escape when the going gets tough. The Imperials are more brutish, and so their physical bulk travelling at top speed makes them an effective battering ram. Yes, ramming is a possibility in the space battles of Warhammer 40,000, of course.

Experimenting with each faction’s variations on core mechanics is Battlefleet Gothic: Armada’s greatest pull, much in the same way as how the tabletop universe’s variety is one of its greatest strengths. With 12 factions there really is an option for everyone, be it the ramshackle Orks with their bolted together space skips, or the T’au fleet whose broadside volleys are one of the most spectacular laser shows ever seen in an RTS. Quite how all these factions will fit into the game as a whole remains to be seen – the campaigns need to offer much more depth than skirmish mode’s race-to-the-finish – but when it comes to core mechanics and use of the licence, Tindalos Interactive is off to a fine start.

ArchAngel

Arcane
That trailer was fucking awesome! Really got my hyped for the game. But also with that trailer comes a 5 months delay with the release. Now they are releasing January 2019 instead of in September 2018.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Oh hey it's the Pokéball Master himself!

Good trailer. Glad to see they haven't toned down the hamminess.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
I'd prefer some actual gameplay instead of that "cinematic" jumble, but at least it's coming along.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The intro cinematic (and other cutscenes) of the last game were among the best 40k mood pieces in the last years, so I don't mind if they try to do that again.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The intro cinematic (and other cutscenes) of the last game were among the best 40k mood pieces in the last years, so I don't mind if they try to do that again.
I'd be upset if they didn't.

For gameplay I'm mostly worried there isn't enough design space for all the races to be different, but afaik they're copying from the tabletop game so there probably is.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

For gameplay I'm mostly worried there isn't enough design space for all the races to be different, but afaik they're copying from the tabletop game so there probably is.

Each side has access to a small fleet comprised of ships that are each designed to perform a specific task. While every faction has unique vessels there are mirror images everywhere. For example, there’s always a collection of large units capable of deploying smaller fighter squadrons, used for harassing tactics.

Well, from the above quote, it's not exactly that.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This is looking quite cool, hopefully this time they'll include better multiplayer options (would be great with Blood bowl style leagues).

Alpharius

Scholar

They were pretty damn different in the first game. And MP was an unbalanced mess obviously (mainly due to Gaydar and Tau being retardedly OP). It was decent enough in team games though.

The MP was best in beta, and at release when there were lots of players, and most of them haven't figured out which stuff it the most broken yet.

I expect the same from the second game, so to anybody who decides to buy it i recommend to play MP at release while it lasts.

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
cutscenes
P.S. Armada I had magnificent voice acting, perfectly captivating the apthmosphere. Armada II had REALLy shitty voice acting. They simply put no effort in it.

Last edited:

Removal

Scholar
The MP was best in beta, and at release when there were lots of players, and most of them haven't figured out which stuff it the most broken yet.

I expect the same from the second game, so to anybody who decides to buy it i recommend to play MP at release while it lasts.
seconding this, they had no clue how to balance the game after release which is why things just fell apart so fast for them
not really confident they can pull it off with even more factions in game this time around

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom