Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News BattleTech Released

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Max Edge Educated

Max Edge
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    I cannot agree with people who say: "Shut up, play and don't think about politic" ergo "Esthetic is not important". All games elements are important for experience. Not always on consciousness level, but also subconscious. I understood that, when Inqusition was relased. Developers wrote and saind many, many words about rape (they changed one sex scene beacuse "It looked like rape beacuse was written by men, but now is rewritten by woman and it look ok"), appearance ("Pretty faces are unrealistic and sexist" so they made Sera) and woman empowerment ("Leliana is now crazy, cold and unfunny, like every wamyn should be"). I tried play without thoughts about that but ideology screamed to me from every corner. In fact, if I would not know about ideological background, I would take much more fun from gameplay.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • retadred retadred x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. *-*/\--/\~ Savant

*-*/\--/\~
    Parrots:
    Exactly. Even in the realtime mechcommander you had tonnage limits (and the need for some fast, jumpy mech for recon, harassing, sensors, leaping over rivers to capture turret controls...). Here it's just taking the heaviest thing you have, bulwark on all pilots and watch the enemy break upon your wall of mechs.

The latest version of Unity is pretty decent actually, so I agree that performance issues are like 80% shenanigans on HBS side and 20% engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Riel Savant

Riel
    Parrots:
    Yep the game is a rough diamond at the moment, needs a lot of polishing to really be enjoyable.

• decline decline x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Thonius Arbiter

Thonius
    Parrots:
    The interface is just copy paste of that f2p online mechwarrior game by what's their name?..... Anyway that f2p game is there for years yet they added only mechs... sad.

^ Top  
  5. Lexx Augur

Lexx
    Parrots:
    Played about 70 hours. Finished the campaign. It's a fun game. Still rough, but give it a few patches and the first bigger DLC... It can only get better from here on.

The campaigns story is.... well, it's there. Not much to think about. No choice&consequences outside of what mech to deploy.

Random is a bitch at times and sometimes there are harsh difficulty spikes that make you think this is some unfun piece of shit software.

About that muslim engineer, I'm no expert, but I thought tattoos aren't allowed in their religion? Then why is her arm full with em? Confuses me a lot.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Riel Savant

Riel
    Parrots:
    I am just going to throw this here and eat pop corn watching the haters hate.

[​IMG]

• Funny x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • decline x 2
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • Despair x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • Absolutely Haram x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    Is is very unrealistic that Boeing still exists that far into the future :P

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Junmarko Ravioli di canguro Patron

Junmarko
    Parrots:
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    She better not be a cartoonist, otherwise she'll really be in deep trouble.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Lexx Augur

Lexx
    Parrots:
    I'd hire her, put her in a light mech and let her ride right into the enemy lance... consisting of assault mechs.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    Parrots:
    Lol, an actual tranny, because th egame wasn't subtle enough! Amusingly enough, it seems she's associated with failure, seeing that all people surrounding her died over, over and over, but SJWs cannot think ahead.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  11. Lexx Augur

Lexx
    Parrots:
    Yeah, it's like... why the hell would you hire him/her after reading that bio?

- mentally unstable.
    - everyone around him/her dies mysteriously.
    - "waah waah, I'm not sure what to do"

No thanks, my company is too important for such a risk.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  12. TalesfromtheCrypt Arcane

TalesfromtheCrypt
    Parrots:
    :abyssgazer:

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. deepfire Literate

deepfire
    Parrots:
    To anyone who played Cyberstorm: Mission Force -- is it possible to have a compact summary of the differences?

Obviously Cyberstorm did not have a story, so we can skip the SJW BS.

This leaves the base/pilot/mech management and tactical combat differences.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)