Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BATTLETECH - turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes

Morkar Left

The mismatched names are a total insult to the whole idea of Battletech in the first place.
There are no fucked up names like Raju Montgomery or Anna-Maria Centrella.

Take the names of the famous people there:
Hanse Davion
Morgan Hasek-Davion
Michael Hasek-Davion
Subhash Indrahar
Nondi Steiner
Quintus Allard
Naomi Centrella
Kai Allard Liao

:happytrollboy:

razvedchiki

Erudite
I'd recomend the Battletech Extended 3025 mod. It adds war for all the different houses which includes territory control shifting based on what missions you do. Along with a bunch of stuff to turn the game into a more freeform experience. Basically what this game should've been from the start.

https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/387?tab=description

I have high hopes that at some point another mod will come along that makes the game not boring. I'm looking forward to that mod.

Does it make the game harder as the mods dev promises? Or it just throws stuff randomly and hope they stick?

Also is there a mod that allows you to deploy more than 1 lance/vehicles?

I'd recomend the Battletech Extended 3025 mod. It adds war for all the different houses which includes territory control shifting based on what missions you do. Along with a bunch of stuff to turn the game into a more freeform experience. Basically what this game should've been from the start.

https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/387?tab=description

I have high hopes that at some point another mod will come along that makes the game not boring. I'm looking forward to that mod.

Does it make the game harder as the mods dev promises? Or it just throws stuff randomly and hope they stick?

Also is there a mod that allows you to deploy more than 1 lance/vehicles?
It can be harder depending on how far along you are. And you have access to all kinds of 5 star missions from the beginning if you really want to challenge yourself. If you pick the Established Company option then you're more likely to find the challenging stuff.

Cael

Arcane
[QUOTE="Bohr, post: 6305337, member: 15951"
And bringing out the big guns to drum up some excitement among Codexers and other neckbeards:

[/QUOTE]
Kevin self-confessed to be the worst player in the whole studio. The idiot would have been better off with a random frothing mad dog off the street.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
4.4 GB patch went out yesterday. Supposedly they worked on the difficulty of the campaign, fixed bugs, and made some graphical changes. I haven't played yet. Anyone notice any differences?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/637090/announcements/detail/1600389240463272121

LIVE - BATTLETECH 1.7 Update Release Notes

Thank you for playing BATTLETECH! Release 1.7 is now available! The main areas of improvement are issues identified by the community, AI, combat performance improvements, and map graphics. We have also improved gameplay difficulty balance in the Kamea campaign and addressed many minor glitches.

Release 1.7 Notes, 9/10/2019

From the Community
  • Fixed a formatting problem with the json for the PNT-9R
  • Updated the Hatchetman HCT-3X faction so that it is part of more lore relevant enemy lances
  • Fixed an issue where the ‘Double Agent’ Flashpoint awarded the wrong faction reputation
  • The Packrat now moves as a light wheeled vehicle
  • Stock lances in skirmish mode are no longer duplicated in the dropdown when the budget is unlimited
  • Several libraries for Ubuntu Linux users are now installed along with the game by default
AI
  • Improved AI’s ability to avoid a potential ECM exploit
  • ECM carriers will now work harder at keeping their allies cloaked
  • Further pathing fixes for several missions where the AI could become stuck
  • Updated lance role tags for a number of ‘Mechs (such as “tank”, “sniper”, “scout”, etc.)
Combat Performance Improvements
  • Particle system optimization
  • UI rendering optimization
Map Graphics
  • Many small map polish fixes - closing seams, grounding assets, clipping corrections, etc.
UI
  • Fixed a bug where an event may reference a random star system rather than the currently orbited one
Other
  • Re-balanced the Attack/Defend encounter type
  • Fixed many small grammar and translation errors
  • Improvements to missile trajectories
  • Balance adjustments to the Kamea story campaign:
    • Lowered mechwarrior hiring cost
    • Increased payout in c-bills for contracts
    • Increased base salvage for contracts
    • Increased the frequency of non-weapon rare items in salvage
    • Increased the starting cbills from 980k to 1000k
    • Increased the starting morale from 25 to 28
    • Increased MechWarrior XP per mission from 400 to 500
    • Updated difficulty settings to match new defaults
  • Fixed an issue where certain sounds on Urban maps would persist after save/load
  • Fixed an issue where player ‘Mechs could not melee units cloaked within an ECM field
  • The 'White Lies' Flashpoint is now available during career mode as well as after completing the campaign
  • Fixed an issue where buildings could collapse while they still had health
  • Fixed the contract results page for the ‘Hearts and Minds’ Flashpoint with the correct objectives
  • Fixed an issue where ally defense turrets would not turn on in Attack and Defend - Retaliation contracts
  • Fixed an issue where attacks would pass through buildings without causing stray shot damage
  • Gyro+++ component gameplay effects can no longer be stacked
  • Fixed an issue where Pre and Post mission autosaves would not properly generate for procedural contracts when any Flashpoint was active
Known Issues
  • Small amounts of text remain untranslated
  • The game does not always enter turn-based mode when hostiles drop in
IMPORTANT: Additional note for players who mod various game files…Reminder that modding is not officially supported. If you have saved a game with any mod active, that saved game will not work after an update has been applied unless you replace all modded files exactly as they were when the save game file was created. Saved games require the exact same data state in order to function properly.

Roll Back
It is possible to revert to past versions of our game in case you have trouble with this update. For more platform specific information go to our forums at: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-rollback-to-a-previous-patch-version.1112335/

As always, if you experience further issues please contact Customer Support at: https://support.paradoxplaza.com

DeepOcean

Arcane
Remake the game in an engine that allows for more than 4 Mechs under player control and maps that are larger than the inside space of a matchbox without exploding. Oh and maybe that engine could also run it faster than 2 FPS and the loading times could be faster than the half-life of Uranium-238.

I am still salty that I paid real money for this garbage. Should've learned from Wasteland 2, Unity cannot into running actual games.
Played Unity games with much bigger maps and object counts, their programmers just suck.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So even for $6 for everything is this worth it? I love mecha and I liked HBS' other offerings but I've heard so many things.

Cael

Arcane
So even for $6 for everything is this worth it? I love mecha and I liked HBS' other offerings but I've heard so many things.
No. Giving woke bitches a single cent is to encourage their cancer. Find other ways of getting your mecha fix. I suggest games like Cyber Empires or Crescent Hawk's Revenge.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
There was enough of Battletech present in the game for me to play the campaign through to the end, but, as discussed extensively in this thread, there were numerous crippling problems not only with the gameplay and story but also in terms of bugs and optimization. The many patches released since then have probably resolved the issues with the latter two. :M

ArchAngel

Arcane
There was enough of Battletech present in the game for me to play the campaign through to the end, but, as discussed extensively in this thread, there were numerous crippling problems not only with the gameplay and story but also in terms of bugs and optimization. The many patches released since then have probably resolved the issues with the latter two. :M
From what I read performance and optimization is still shit and loading screens are still too long.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You should really try it. I don’t know what’s the problem with all this hate, i was really enjoying the campaign. And I’d wish to revisit the game once all updates are delivered for a mercenary play through.
My only complaint is the lack of depth and content. But I can understand the reason of that, you know: the amount of dolla bills.
So if you like how it looks try it, check out the videos at least. Yet the most fun is to mingle with the weapons setup and then testing it in battles. I also suggest to use a no save mode to feel the dread of defeat (yet only after some training).

edit: also I played on a crappy old macbook from 2012 and haven’t met any bugs or optimization problems. Contrary I was surprised my old apple laptop could run it smoothly enough with a decent look.

InternalRevenue

Educated
You should really try it. I don’t know what’s the problem with all this hate, i was really enjoying the campaign. And I’d wish to revisit the game once all updates are delivered for a mercenary play through.
My only complaint is the lack of depth and content. But I can understand the reason of that, you know: the amount of dolla bills.
So if you like how it looks try it, check out the videos at least. Yet the most fun is to mingle with the weapons setup and then testing it in battles. I also suggest to use a no save mode to feel the dread of defeat (yet only after some training).

edit: also I played on a crappy old macbook from 2012 and haven’t met any bugs or optimization problems. Contrary I was surprised my old apple laptop could run it smoothly enough with a decent look.
The game has plenty of problems, chief among them IMO being mech sameyness, the 4 mech limit, and the game's idea of difficulty being throwing more and heavier enemy forces at you, with "reinforcements" spawning out of thin air sometimes almost right on top of you. The single-lance limit means you usually end up taking only the heaviest mechs you have available to deal with the sheer tonnage facing you. The initiative system is overly simplistic, and punishes chassis that invest a lot of weight into bigger engines (the banshees and most cicadas being the biggest victims) Let's not forget the tremendously overpriced DLC's that add next to nothing either.

That said, I got my kickstarter money's worth of enjoyment out of it, so at $6 you should be able to have some fun too before burning out. Especially if using some of the many gameplay mods and fixes out there.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Throwing mechs at you is not about difficulty level, it’s about poor generic missions design. As for the campaign there’re some really interesting missions where you must either fight the timer or defend vital spots, or fight a boss after chewing your way through enemies on a nicely designed map.
As for the other I could also add a ton of missed opportunities. Nonetheless the game is still good and worth the time of anybody who adores mechs.

Riel

Arcane
To be honest the game is not terrible and I certainly got back my expense on it, but it is also very far from a good game. For most people who buy it it will be interesting for a while and then quickly grow old due to the monotonous game play, but that is not to say there's no fun to be had until you grow bored of it. Just avoid the DLC since they are very over priced and add next to nothing and be ready to play an unoptimized mess with long load screens.

Bohr

Arcane

Somewhat lulzy hotfix

Thank you for playing BATTLETECH! Release 1.7.1 is now available for users on Steam and GoG. Other platforms will release as soon as possible. This hot fix addresses a single issue which affected the randomization of enemy lances, Hiring Hall MechWarriors, and other groupings that used the shuffle algorithm.

Release 1.7.1 Notes, 9/23/2019

From the Community
  • Fixed an issue with randomization which caused all enemy lances to be composed mostly of 'Mechs in alphabetical order

Cael

Arcane
Somewhat lulzy hotfix

Thank you for playing BATTLETECH! Release 1.7.1 is now available for users on Steam and GoG. Other platforms will release as soon as possible. This hot fix addresses a single issue which affected the randomization of enemy lances, Hiring Hall MechWarriors, and other groupings that used the shuffle algorithm.

Release 1.7.1 Notes, 9/23/2019

From the Community
  • Fixed an issue with randomization which caused all enemy lances to be composed mostly of 'Mechs in alphabetical order
When the RNG is so fed up and completely over the shit that it just picks from a list alphabetically...

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom