Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BATTLETECH - turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes

*now*, after countless patches, and still when they stop mechs take a half an hour break.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Giant warmachines are either fine ladies or gud bois, that's why the pronoun matters (except ships, ships are always fine ladies).

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Giant warmachines are either fine ladies or gud bois, that's why the pronoun matters (except ships, ships are always fine ladies).

iu

lightbane

Arcane
Soo, has the option of making your pilot blonde been patched in or added as a mod, or not yet?

Self-Ejected

Lichtbringer

Self-Ejected
Soo, has the option of making your pilot blonde been patched in or added as a mod, or not yet?
The game was patched after HBS was accused of being a "woke" racist studio with anti-white/-European sentiments.

Battletech is thoroughly saturated with SJW ideology and has a severe lack of white characters, blond-haired or otherwise, so perhaps it was just a Freudian slip on the part of the developers.

razvedchiki

Erudite
this game would be much better if it had a campaign ala battle brothers,running your merc company across the galaxy taking part in various wars,fielding multiple lances plus tanks/aerofighters/infantry etc. but then of course all the "muh storyyy brah" gaymers wouldnt buy the game.

lightbane

Arcane
The game was patched after HBS was accused of being a "woke" racist studio with anti-white/-European sentiments.

Battletech is thoroughly saturated with SJW ideology and has a severe lack of white characters, blond-haired or otherwise, so perhaps it was just a Freudian slip on the part of the developers.

That's odd, I thought they used some excuse about "diversity in the future" and refused to edit in such option. They did that in ME: Andromeda, for what's worth.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
So. Is this game worth playing yet. I read the codex review a while back where he mentioned something about our mercenary protagonist sucking off some random princess' cock. So, gameplay good enough to put up with that?

Xeon

Augur
I wonder how long will they continue supporting Battletech before moving to another game and if the next game will be RPG or tactics.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Olinser

Savant
So. Is this game worth playing yet. I read the codex review a while back where he mentioned something about our mercenary protagonist sucking off some random princess' cock. So, gameplay good enough to put up with that?

It's decent for what it is as long as you go into it understanding what you get.

You get a very small scale turn-based mech battler with mediocre customization of both mechs and pilots (NO clan or clan tech), a fairly boring campaign with a truly laughable excuse 'story' that is insanely short as well (seriously you can see the whole campaign story in 20-30 min on youtube), a terrible AI that is laughably easy to slaughter on the hardest setting, and max of 4 mech v 4 mech multiplayer.

Since you haven't bought it yet I assume you are not a hardcore BattleTech fan, which is the only reason to buy it full price.

Wishlist it and wait for a sale and it will give you some entertainment. 100% not worth full price.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Apparently we might get more Shadowrun:
Will it still be made mobile first? The lack of group select and the atrocious UI I do not want to put up with another time.

What are you talking about? Shadowrun Dragonfall is an excellent RPG with some of the best writing you can find. Hong Kong was also pretty decent.

Wishlist it and wait for a sale and it will give you some entertainment. 100% not worth full price.

It was already in Humble Bundle and the regular discounts on other sites are steep as well.

a terrible AI that is laughably easy to slaughter on the hardest setting

Not true either, though it does get much easier the more tonnage you get. The real difficulty is in the numbers, eg. dealing with 8 or more opponents at the same time.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Shadowrun was an "any port in a storm" kind of situation. There was literally no other games released around then in that genre so everybody was extra forgiving.

I finished the first one but Dragonfalls writing really failed to interest me.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Will it still be made mobile first? The lack of group select and the atrocious UI I do not want to put up with another time.

What are you talking about? Shadowrun Dragonfall is an excellent RPG with some of the best writing you can find. Hong Kong was also pretty decent.
:hmmm:
All you had to do was read the sentence.

There is nothing wrong with the UI and I have no idea why you need group select there. The first game was indeed somewhat limited. The other two are much, much better.

I finished the first one but Dragonfalls writing really failed to interest me.

Edgy newfags are the worst. There are not many RPG's with better writing than Dragonfall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom