Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Hmm, she removed this page. I didn't think there were revealing things, and now I don't remember what kind of things were there.

The other page (which includes Golden Lords art and isometric sketches, that I thought more revealing) is still there.

---

Anyway, this is from Beamdog forum: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/907391/#Comment_907391

Beamdog was on a local TV news about local gaming industry. Naturally cameramen shot the monitors.

ms6prxmb8yc8.jpg

Seemingly full 3D, that cover icons a la nuXCOM, environment objects look conveniently aligned for square grid. Is this... turn-based? o_O

And very obviously it's Unreal Engine 4 (which was revealed via job postings).

This is the news video: http://alberta.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1217064

I didn't watched it myself because it's Flash video player :Mso if anyone cares...

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Beamdog reportedly has two unannounced projects. One is D&D CRPG (as revealed by job postings) directed by David Gaider, and the other is quite unknown.

So here's my wild guess:

D&D CRPG
- probably not that monitor is showing
- likely "traditional" IE-style RPG and set in Forgotten Realms
- related to the concept artist's pieces

Turn-based tactics a la nuXCOM
- probably not a D&D game and possibly Beamdog's original IP
- using Unreal Engine 4
- being developed for PC and consoles
- set in modern-ish or sci-fi setting (that road and the computer device model from environment artist's portfolio)

Though I'm not sure they have that many developers to handle two not-so-small game. Maybe two are the same game and they dropped the other project(s) in favor of the D&D game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Beamdog reportedly has two unannounced projects. One is D&D CRPG (as revealed by job postings) directed by David Gaider, and the other is quite unknown.

So here's my wild guess:

D&D CRPG
- probably not that monitor is showing
- likely "traditional" IE-style RPG and set in Forgotten Realms
- related to the concept artist's pieces

Turn-based tactics a la nuXCOM
- probably not a D&D game and possibly Beamdog's original IP
- using Unreal Engine 4
- being developed for PC and consoles
- set in modern-ish or sci-fi setting (that road and the computer device model from environment artist's portfolio)

Though I'm not sure they have that many developers to handle two not-so-small game. Maybe two are the same game and they dropped the other project(s) in favor of the D&D game.
In that video you can see a horseless coach on the side of the road. Fits the past fantasy more than something sci fi

passerby

Arcane
In that video you can see a horseless coach on the side of the road. Fits the past fantasy more than something sci fi

But cover indicators suggest shooting, so wild west themed nuxcom like is my guess.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Hmm, she removed this page. I didn't think there were revealing things, and now I don't remember what kind of things were there.

The other page (which includes Golden Lords art and isometric sketches, that I thought more revealing) is still there.

---

Anyway, this is from Beamdog forum: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/907391/#Comment_907391

Beamdog was on a local TV news about local gaming industry. Naturally cameramen shot the monitors.

ms6prxmb8yc8.jpg

Seemingly full 3D, that cover icons a la nuXCOM, environment objects look conveniently aligned for square grid. Is this... turn-based? o_O

I didn't watched it myself because it's Flash video player :Mso if anyone cares...

Wait, is that a cow you can take cover behind? :retarded:

Morkar Left

Yeah, that's totally odd. In Western movies you usually use horses for cover in a shoot out...

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well having covers doesn't mean that the game will be turn-based necessarily.... But I hope it is. Whatever it is :P

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

---

ms6prxmb8yc8.jpg

Wait, is that a cow you can take cover behind? :retarded:

It's a tactical bovine.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
With WotC/HASBRO being the way they are I have to wonder if the D&D game is still (really) in production.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom