Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Those guys look normal,what went so shit with siege of trannie's dick ?!
Writers for SoD were fired soon after release

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Those guys look normal
Those people look far too normal to be sjws

Eh??

a422312881969cdc32883e9e19148129.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Beamdog documentary:

LESS T_T There may be more glimpses of their new game here.

2:37 Looks like they're working on a new Planescape game. Concept art for NPCs, upper left of the monitor showing some text: Fated faction and "Planescape: Unraveled" I think, seems like the game's title. Involves Ravel again?

Wiki entry for Fated faction in Planescape: http://www.rilmani.org/timaresh/Fated

(Also bottom of the monitor showing he [Philip Dagle] was browsing some page related to Divinity: Original Sin.)

5:36 Some other concpet art

Looks like this was quite accurate guess:

Another concept pieces from the concept artist, "Fantasy Townsfolk Concepts":
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/OlDPk

Wait a minute.

2qqagH3.jpg

Golden Lords Townsfolk

... or Planescape?: https://to-chance-with-hell-planescape.obsidianportal.com/wikis/ladys-ward

The Nobles District holds most of the high houses of the so-called Golden Lords of Sigil, those bloods holding a tremendous amount of wealth and many with more than their fair share of influence.

Last edited:

Blink

Prospernaut
Batshit Crazy
2:37 Looks like they're working on a new Planescape game. Concept art for NPCs, upper left of the monitor showing some text: Fated faction and "Planescape: Unraveled" I think, seems like the game's title. Involves Ravel again?

Wiki entry for Fated faction in Planescape: http://www.rilmani.org/timaresh/Fated

(Also bottom of the monitor showing he [Philip Dagle] was browsing some page related to Divinity: Original Sin.)

5:36 Some other concpet art

Looks like this was quite accurate guess:

Another concept pieces from the concept artist, "Fantasy Townsfolk Concepts":
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/OlDPk

Wait a minute.

2qqagH3.jpg

Golden Lords Townsfolk

... or Planescape?: https://to-chance-with-hell-planescape.obsidianportal.com/wikis/ladys-ward

The Nobles District holds most of the high houses of the so-called Golden Lords of Sigil, those bloods holding a tremendous amount of wealth and many with more than their fair share of influence.
In rate this post: excited

Last edited by a moderator:

Zer0wing

Cipher
First InXile, now Beamdog wants to step in the same mud puddle and entertain the Codex with their weak attempting to outdo PS:T? Fine.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
First InXile, now Beamdog wants to step in the same mud puddle and entertain the Codex with their weak attempting to outdo PS:T? Fine.

Judging by the D:OS reference; they might be also doing it as a turn-based game, giving it another similarity to T:ToN.

Cael

Arcane
So, another alphabet soup lovefest between an Eeeeeee-vul (but somehow lovably redeemable) half-orc bisexual blackguard and an Eeeeeee-vul black lesbian vampire thief? Hmm... did they miss any of the leftard ticks of approval there?

I have said it before, and I will say it again: the game is where a developer's efforts should be aimed at, not satisfying cultural cringe. A black lesbian vampire thief in the white bread part of the setting who got there from the setting's Africa analog via a journey of several hundred miles OVER WATER due to a badly contrived reason is pandering worse than Bethesda. That they put all that as "enhancement" to a classic that needed no enhancement in the first place and basically did what would otherwise be called plaigarism adds to the bad taste.

Trent Oster and Beamdog won't get a cent of my money.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

Arcane
:despair:

Couldn't they just let the setting rest in fucking peace and make/rape something of their own for once?

I liked the Planescape setting and now these retards are gonna infect it wi their gangenous filth, boys I am depressed.

frajaq

Erudite
Hot take: People who believe an intellectual propriety can be "soiled", "defiled" or "raped" because of an entry they don't like are mentally ill.

how much did people hate you around here when Fallout 4 was announced

DeepOcean

Arcane
Is this going to be worse than NumaNuma?

I didn't know the market for badly written Torment clones was so hot.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would buy a David Gaider Planescape game. Frankly, I’d love it if dozens of games used the Planescape setting. It’s massively superior to the forgotten realms but 90% of RPGs are either forgotten realms or a forgotten realms derivative.

MCA would be better, but Beamdog clearly hired Gaider to do this game and he’s solid. Not great, but I doubt he’ll make a travesty.

Sacibengala

Prophet
I would buy a David Gaider Planescape game. Frankly, I’d love it if dozens of games used the Planescape setting. It’s massively superior to the forgotten realms but 90% of RPGs are either forgotten realms or a forgotten realms derivative.

MCA would be better, but Beamdog clearly hired Gaider to do this game and he’s solid. Not great, but I doubt he’ll make a travesty.

I'll doubt he'll NOT make a transvestite.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hot take: People who believe an intellectual propriety can be "soiled", "defiled" or "raped" because of an entry they don't like are mentally ill.

how much did people hate you around here when Fallout 4 was announced
I'd say it was actually Fallout 3 that got every one up in arms when it was announced, given that was the move to Bethesda, first person, real time, and all the rest of that crap. By the time the shit that was 4 rolled around, at least we had New Vegas to show us that there was a possibility for a decent game even under those constraints. I don't think anyone hoped it would be good, but I don't think there was nearly as much gnashing of teeth by then.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom