Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

aVENGER

Arcane
Developer
And for people asking about the black outlines and blurry sprites, here's a pixel perfect 1080p screenshot with most of the EE options turned off.

That should be the closest to the original game + widescreen mod.

aVENGER

Arcane
Developer
Will you actually leave the original version up, or are you once again going to use this as an excuse to double the price by bundling it with the "Enhanced" Edition?

Not my decision.

I handle game development, not marketing and publishing.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Alright Codex people, PST:EE is now live. There's a FAQ section on the Beamdog website which may answer some of your questions. In addition, here are some design decisions that I made as the PST:EE Project Lead:

• No new party members, quests, NPCs, areas or cinematic movies
  • No new writing by anyone except Chris Avellone. In case you're wondering, Chris wrote a couple of new journal entries, adjusted a few special ability (i.e. Morte's Skull Mob) textual descriptions and composed the text that is displayed on the new "Welcome Screen". He also designed the Steam Achievements (wrote the text and specified the icon appearance) and named the new main menu buttons (i.e. Options = Alter Senses)
  • No changes to existing writing except for a proofreading pass of the original game text by Chris Avellone (he asked to do this)
  • No kits/classes/races/spells/items from BG2 or IWD
  • No changes to the combat and general gameplay
  • No "Story Mode" or "Heart of Fury" difficulty settings
  • No multiplayer

Note that when I say "writing" I'm referring to the text that the player can access within the gameworld i.e. by talking to NPCs, inspecting objects, spells, items and the journal. That doesn't include text that is accessed outside of the gameworld such as the technical descriptions which explain how new UI options like "Zoom Lock" or "Hardware Mouse Cursor" function. The descriptions of those options were written by the developers who worked on implementing them, not by Chris.

So, what are you actually doing to the game? 19.99$ for what?
So they will just give a widescreen option, which you can get for free using ghostdog's resolution patch and custom UI. This is the biggest ripoff from Beamdog yet.

Deleted Member 16721

Are the screenshots on the page in 4K? They look beautiful on my 4K TV.

Well, it looks like I'm starting a new LP, then. PS:T:EE in 4K! :)

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tab highlighting is actually a pretty good addition. Cheers aVENGER, good to see you were project lead on this.

Deleted Member 16721

Personally, I wouldn't have minded some added content with the caveat that it would be able to be turned on or off as an option.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So they will just give a widescreen option, which you can get for free using ghostdog's resolution patch and custom UI. This is the biggest ripoff from Beamdog yet.

Man, they can't really win here. If they add content it's a perversion of the original vision, if they do nothing but upscale the graphics it's not worth it.

World-famous games like PS:T get rereleases, either buy them or don't (or more likely, wait for the 75% off)

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
So, what are you actually doing to the game? 19.99$ for what?

This was leaked by a betatester or something allegedly

548w95Z.jpg

Yu7G3pJ.jpg

agris

Arcane
Patron
And for people asking about the black outlines and blurry sprites, here's a pixel perfect 1080p screenshot with most of the EE options turned off.

That should be the closest to the original game + widescreen mod.
You guys weren't able to find higher resolution versions of the NPC portraits / 3d files? Also, will we get to pick the game's resolution for v3 of the IE, outside of changing our desktop resolution?

Deleted Member 16721

Man, they can't really win here. If they add content it's a perversion of the original vision, if they do nothing but upscale the graphics it's not worth it.

World-famous games like PS:T get rereleases, either buy them or don't (or more likely, wait for the 75% off)

That's entirely too reasonable for the Codex. I see why you are a higher up here. :P

Naraya

Arcane
There is zero value in buying PSTEE if you already own PST, even if you don't mod it.
I agree, however had I not bought it already, I would be very tempted simply because of "tab highlighting, area zooming, combat log, quickloot".

BTW if you own the original PS:T on GOG, the EE is discounted 30%.

edit:
Note: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on https://af.gog.com/?as=1649904300 .

The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released.

Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

My short term plan now is to move to kwanada where I can get a full-time job preinstalling mods.

aVENGER

Arcane
Developer
You guys weren't able to find higher resolution versions of the NPC portraits / 3d files? Also, will we get to pick the game's resolution for v3 of the IE, outside of changing our desktop resolution?

We didn't have access to the source art for the original animated portraits and movies.

Without the source art, the only way to update the EE versions would be to re-create the movies and portraits from scratch and I felt that doing that would alter the feel of the original game too much.

agris

Arcane
Patron
aVENGER agreed, but for the love of a ragpicker, let us pick the damn resolution we play the game in. you're old enough to appreciate that it's hard to appreciate the art of these games when at a bird's eye view in 1080p. making us change our desktop resolution to play the game how we want is silly.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

We didn't have access to the source art for the original animated portraits and movies.

Without the source art, the only way to update the EE versions would be to re-create the movies and portraits from scratch and I felt that doing that would alter the feel of the original game too much.

Not to mention it would be out of your budget range. :smug:

So which of the three projects that Trent mentioned in August is this? Well, two really, we know the large one must be the David Gaider game. So, the medium-sized project or the small one?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom