Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION - isometric post-apocalyptic adventure from STASIS developer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ric-scifi-horror-adventure-game/posts/1723840

IMPORTANT CAYNE & DESOLATION NEWS

Hi Guys,

I'm incredibly excited to announce the launch date of our Kickstarter campaign for our new project, DESOLATION.

So, diarize January 24th because not only will the DESOLATION crowd funding launch, but we're also releasing CAYNE on the same day!

DESOLATION is going to be unlike anything you've seen before. Nic and I cannot wait to show you what we've been working on, and hope we have the same awesome support we had on STASIS.

77cd98d3b81b91a87d8a9ae045d31b4e_original.jpg

www.desolationgame.com

If you visit www.desolationgame.com and www.playcayne.com we've added a handy count-down timer.

We had the honor of working on the concept art for Wasteland 3 (please check out their campaign here: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3 ). They've raised over $3 million, but there's still time to get a few backers in! We hope you like the art we did with the awesome inXile team – check it out and let us know.

2919ff3f985f227f4011f08f43992eb1_original.png

WASTELAND 3

See you ALL in January - 2017 is going to be an exciting year!

Chris & Nic

P.S. Backers will get access to CAYNE a few days before the general public :)

P.P.S. Follow me on Twitter @stasisgame

caa5595cc2b30f745ed3cf026b8452cd_original.png

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
We are looking at getting some awesome writers on board - so Ill certainly talk to MRY when the time comes.
We actually have a storied past going back to the days of Star Control fan games - would be an odd turn of events to work together. :D

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
REMOVE ROBOT remove robot
you are worst humanoid. you are the robot idiot you are the robot smell. return to caine. to our caine cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the recycling center….ahahahaha ,robots we will never forgeve you. caine rascal FUck but fuck asshole robot stink robots sqhipere shqipare..robot genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead robot..ahahahahahROBOTS WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget ww3 .robots we kill the designer , robots return to your precious factory….hahahahaha idiot robot and robotsn smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE ROBOT FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. russia+usa+croatia+slovak=kill robots…you will ww3/ tupac alive and human, tupac making album of humans . fast rap tupac human. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of tupac… you are ppoor stink robot… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt

tupac alive numbr one #1 human ….fuck the robots ,..FUCKk ashol robots no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur design and factry. 2pac aliv and real strong wizard kill all the robot farm aminal with rap magic now we the humans rule .ape of the zoo presidant georg bush fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and robots wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. humans greattst humanoid

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Now thats the reaction we wanted... :D

I gotta say Im pretty fried at the thought of releasing a full new game on the same day as a Kickstarter...its gonna be a stressful one!

DeepOcean

Arcane
I saw this trailer and I cried, dunno if it is because the trailer looks very cool or because I remembered kickstarter works only on dollars, probably because of both. :negative:

Looks great. Will definitely back.

Game looks like it's already fairly far along in development, how much is there left to do, and might we see a 2017 release date?

lightbane

Arcane
*checks video* It's the future and yet people still use wheelchairs instead of cybernetics/hover chairs? Or non-LCD monitors? :decline: of the future.

Now seriously, it looks cool. When will Cayne get the GOG treatment though?

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
*checks video* It's the future and yet people still use wheelchairs instead of cybernetics/hover chairs? Or non-LCD monitors? :decline: of the future.

We have reasons for all these tropes!
I saw this trailer and I cried, dunno if it is because the trailer looks very cool or because I remembered kickstarter works only on dollars, probably because of both. :negative:

We will have PayPal backing afterwards - if that helps? Alternatively CAYNE will have a Deluxe version for a few bucks on Steam (just adds in extras - the script, wallpapers, soundtrack, etc) - every little bit helps!

Looks great. Will definitely back.

Game looks like it's already fairly far along in development, how much is there left to do, and might we see a 2017 release date?

There is still quite a while to go - definitely not 2017. We used a lot of resources this past year on CAYNE, but the advantage is that we've worked out all the R&D with CAYNE before moving into full production on DESOLATION.
Preproduction (the fun stuff) has been a good few months of pure design work. I've produced almost as much art in preproduction for DESOLATION as I did for STASIS and CAYNE combined.

The teaser looks absolutely incredible, great work again! :greatjob:

Ya aint seen nothin' yet!

Will this have romance?

I'll definitely have bromance.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer

GOG dont really do free games - but they may put it on with some prompting once its been on Steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom