Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION - isometric post-apocalyptic adventure from STASIS developer

Bohr

Arcane
Another teaser :shittydog:

Jinn

Arcane
I dislike adventure games a great deal, yet backed this and am greatly looking forward to it.

This is the power you have Pyke. I know you'll wield it well.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
I'm way too old for those. On the weekend I had to ask my fiance what 'yeet' meant.

I did write a reference to Rainman and to Of Mice And Men in a conversation yesterday...but thats about as pop culture as I get.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeet is a versatile word that can be used as an exclamation, a verb, or even a noun.

As an exclamation it can be used to express excitement, usually happily but also nervously. (See Ex. 1)
It can also be used as an exclamation of victory. (See Ex. 2)
Or as a battle cry or focus-shout while throwing or hitting something, like "HIII-YA". (See Ex. #3)

Yeet yeeting
(Past/Perfect) I yote
(Pluperfect) I have yought
(Future) I will yeet
(Future perfect) I will have yought

As a noun, 'a yeet' is the action of yeeting. Yeet can also be a feeling or emotion, usually like an adrenaline rush. (see Ex. 1)

The word has a distinct feel, and power to it. To yeet is to give your full power and soul to an action you're doing. While many believe yeet to be a fairly new concept, it has been around for centuries. Think back to the berserker warriors. They would be so immersed in pushing all their power into their attack that they wouldn't even register pain, or go into shock, until long after a regular fighter would have passed out. They were true yeeters. A more modern example is the common use of warp speed in science fiction. It's interstellar yeet. The word 'yeet' is really all that is new about this concept, and it is a very useful word indeed.
(Ex. 1)
Dude1: Aw man it's the last track meet! I'm so pumped! I'm just gonna YEET down that track!
Dude2: Geez I'm nervous. I hope I don't screw this up...
Dude1: You just gotta get into the feel of it dude! Just get that yeet flowing!
Dude2: Yeah... you're right! yeet... YEET!

(Ex. 2)
The dude from Ex. 1 just won his race,
Dude: YEEEEEEEET!

(Ex. 3)
A group of brave Mexican vigilantes are rescuing children and their families from gang violence in the south, by leading them across the US border! But alas, a wretched wall stands in their way! If only one of the brave leaders had the strength to break through it...
Suddenly one of them backs up, steps on foot back, holds their fist our straight and charges at the wall like a bolt of lightning!
Badass Mexican: yeeeeEeEeEeEEEEEEEET!
The wall crumbles to the ground, and the families make it to a sanctuary in the Sierra Nevada mountains.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I'm way too old for those. On the weekend I had to ask my fiance what 'yeet' meant.

I did write a reference to Rainman and to Of Mice And Men in a conversation yesterday...but thats about as pop culture as I get.
Good, it cheapens art in large doses. Although I wouldn't have minded Gods must be crazy or Yankee Zulu references.

Ivan

Arcane

This reminds me, IDK what ppl mean when they say "reeeeee"

Jenkem explain

Modron

Arcane
This reminds me, IDK what ppl mean when they say "reeeeee"
I was under the impression that reeeeeeeeeeing at normies was kind of a perfect storm of 2 different memes: 4chan adopting Pepes across multiple boards (also tending to characterize him as autistic) combined with a clip of frog screaming reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee can't find the original but it's the first one in this compilation:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was under the impression that reeeeeeeeeeing at normies was kind of a perfect storm of 2 different memes: 4chan adopting Pepes across multiple boards (also tending to characterize him as autistic) combined with a clip of frog screaming reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee can't find the original but it's the first one in this compilation:
it's like the sound i make when neighbor play with their loud ass kids outside 7 AM on fucking sunday.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bohr

Arcane
Sounds like a bit of Avellone channeling going down in Cape Town...
rating_mca.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom