Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Beautiful shit

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Verylittlefishes, Jan 9, 2020.

1. JackOfOwls Liturgist

JackOfOwls
    I just assumed that all dedicated hunting sims were for rednecks and never played one. How's the gameplay in this? Any good? I actually liked the hunting/crafting quests in Far Cry 3-4 so would I like this? I'll try anything once. I generally don't like the idea of shooting harmless real-world animals though except for necessary culling and shit. Only like killing the mutant/demonic ones that have a strong chance of ripping your pods off with a single swipe. But if I did kill a real-world animal I'd be certain to make sure no part of the beast is wasted, from fresh, delicious venison to fur to braised deer penis. Waste not want not.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Curratum Cipher

Curratum
    Gameplay is super slow and methodical, you could say boring if you go in with different expectations. It occupies a middle ground between full-blown simulation and a gamey game, I like it a lot. A lot of mechanics at play from smell, wind direction, sight, sound, a ton of calibers and weapons, etc etc. Lots of DLC though.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Verylittlefishes Erudite Patron

Verylittlefishes
    why in the world they need simulation of the activity they can do irl?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    The game is 75% off on Steam right now (but I'd still suggest getting it on GOG instead).

Anyway, it's one of my all time faves and I don't even like platformers so the gameplay is very much yes.
    It's astonishingly polished in regards to movement even the exact manner you slide off a wall after jumping into it was subjected to iterative improvement.
    Also, 5' in is not even gameplay proper IIRC.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    2 that are not on your list:

Stranded Deep
    War of Rights

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Alpan Magister Patron

Alpan
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    I don't recall where exactly -- might be RPS before they went to shit -- but I once read an article discussing Euro and American Truck Simulator's great popularity among retired truckers. Probably the same kind of nostalgic forces at work.

^ Top  
  7. Verylittlefishes Erudite Patron

Verylittlefishes
    Sukhāvatī

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Verylittlefishes Erudite Patron

Verylittlefishes
    Btw playing The Observer and it is awesome.

^ Top  
  9. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    Ori and The Will of The Wisps is out and is possibly even more gorgeous than the first one (if a bit buggy).

^ Top  
  10. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Recently played some other games I could recommend:

GTA V - pretty and fun - entertaining story and jokes as well as very likeable characters. One of my greatest surprises tbh, haven't had so much fun in an action game for a decade at least. Meh start, but doesn't take long to take off.

Metro: Exodus - beautiful graphically, gameplay is decent, but story and characters are meh.

The Talos Principle - not as good as Antichamber or Portal, but an okay puzzle game with nice graphics (albeit a bit dated)

Pathologic 2 - I just started playing but seemingly it's Pathologic with patches and improved pretty graphics.

• nice nice x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)