Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Best gaming console

• Thread starter Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal
  • Start date

Which console is the best?

• Playstation 4 Slim

• Playstation 4 Pro

• Xbox One S

• Xbox One X

• Nintendo Wii U

• Nintendo Switch

• Other (wut?)

• None, console games are shamefur

Results are only viewable after voting.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Fuck me, the PS4 is WANK.

Kinda have to agree considering I haven't turned mine on in about 3 months. I really enjoyed the shit out of the Yakuza games though. I prefer the Switch. :avatard:

Falksi

Arcane
Just trying Resident Evil 7 now.....wank. :negative:

I enjoy linear games.....if they have gameplay. But this is so scripted and confined that it feels like Dragon's Lair.

hpstg

Savant
The way this generation is going, the best choice would be a PS4 at the end of 2018, when the amount of discounted exclusives can justify it.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
maxresdefault.jpg

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Best necro thread move ever. Seriously, who was the OCD autist that did this?

Ash

Arcane
The PC is the best console. It emulates all console games from a time when console gaming was worth a damn.

yyuse

Literate
sega saturn or original xbox for its extensive emulation capabilities

emulating stuff on a console is far superior to pc emulation imo; it has the feel of a console without having to buy any games or manage upkeep

really enjoying all these edgy comments from pc gamers, reminds me that these people actually exist and it's good to know

"HAHA the best consoles is this thing that IS NOT A CONSOLE BC ITS DO ALL THEIR SHIT!!!!! PLAY THE GAMES HAHAA i dont understand the inherent limitations of emulation or the appeal of collecting or physical media or emotional attachment or anything else beyond what i can quantify in numbers and verbally replicate from other mouthbreathers"

ok, serious answer regarding this all:

neither is better than the other, they're just different. pc games are generally made to be played sitting up at yr desk. console games on the couch. i dont want to sit at my desk and play legend of mana. i dont want to be laying on my bed playing age of empires ii on my phone. i dont want to play pokemon leafgreen on my tv. consoles, handhelds, pcs, they are different ways of playing of whose fundamental differences are usually apparent in their game design and so integrated that removing them from their original place is sacrilege, at least in my view. of course you have to draw the line somewhere with this stalwart traditionalism, and there is a certain level of flexibility in this framework: take the Nes. made for old small crt's, cable is very short, so you're close to the action. fairly limited. something like the xbox 360, with no cable, working on anything from a 480i crt to a 1080p monster flatscreen, is open to anything within that line of play. you also just, can't? you can't a lot of stuff. you cannot english translation of an obscure nihon falcon super nintendo game. you cannot panzer dragoon saga. it's all about finding what you're comfortable with. that is the ultimate argument, really. what are you most satisfied with? what's the best way for YOU to play video games? for some people, it's playing overwatch while you shoot the shit with your friends. others, giving SMW a spin after a hard day of work, same console you've had since you were five. maybe you're one of those weird mythical beings who owns an apple pippin. just do what you like, and don't be concerned. all is well.

Last edited:

Egosphere

Arcane
PS2
Its library still beats any other console and it had the good manners not to try and corner the fps market, so we still got pretty good shooters on pcs in the early 00s until the 360 came along

hpstg

Savant
Unless AMD and NVIDIA actually do something to separate cards for mining and gaming, then PC gaming is fucked.

Falksi

Arcane
Agents of Mayhem - absolutely boring as fuck so far. Added it to the "shit" section of the list.

It's absolutely frightening how bad the PS4 is. It's a nothing console born from a nothing generation of Big Brother wanabees, with no talent or quality.

Retreated to the PC to play some KOTOR instead in order to keep my sanity.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Switch for nintendo exclusives which are fun.

PS4 and xbone got no good games. (maybe RDR 2 will be first one, if it won't get ported)

deama

Prophet
Unless AMD and NVIDIA actually do something to separate cards for mining and gaming, then PC gaming is fucked.
I heard NVIDIA is gonna release two types of cards for their next generation, one for mining and the other for gaming.

Ocelot

Learned
None but if I had to get one in addition to my PC, gun to my head, I'd go with the Switch because it has a good collection and is portable.

Not true. Even if these prices persist, PC gaming is not fucked because you can run many newly released games on a 100$ APU these days alongside older releases. APUs are slowly moving outside the "not complete shit" territory. And smaller GPUs (eg: 1050) still have a sane price.

On the other hand if the crypto market dies out for w/e reason, there will be an endless stream of cheap used 1080s and 1070s. But that's unlikely.

hpstg

Savant
Unless they laser cut the gaming cards
None but if I had to get one in addition to my PC, gun to my head, I'd go with the Switch because it has a good collection and is portable.

Not true. Even if these prices persist, PC gaming is not fucked because you can run many newly released games on a 100$ APU these days alongside older releases. APUs are slowly moving outside the "not complete shit" territory. And smaller GPUs (eg: 1050) still have a sane price.

On the other hand if the crypto market dies out for w/e reason, there will be an endless stream of cheap used 1080s and 1070s. But that's unlikely.
Even when AMD moves to 7nm in 2019, and let's say manages to cram 24 Vega/NAVI CUs along with an octocore CPU, even then you'll basically get similar performance to a 7970, at the best of times (the 7970 is a 1GHz 32CU GCN part). In that case, a PS5/XBox Whatever is a much better choice power-wise.
PC gaming is great because of the openess of the ecosystem and the power of the hardware. Unless the mining bubble bursts, we'll have no properly priced hardware in our hands. RIP.

Falksi

Arcane
So on to the next bag of shit.

Our lass bought me Dishonoured: Death of The Outsider as a surprise treat, which was very nice of her. However, I'm not really a stealth-em-up type of bloke. Loved the original MGS, but I'm the type who likes to play Deus Ex:HR & MD for the kills.

Well to be fair to it, it has an absolutely fucking lush world & atmosphere. Initially I was very drawn in by it all, and starting to get sucked in to it big time. But then it came to actually playing it. From a gameplay perspective I found it pretty fucking awful. Everything is just geared up for stealth, and yet the guards seems to spot you from a million miles away.

It's fucking boring as fuck crawling round every corner, and yet too easy to use the identity power too. It feels very gimmicky, and once you've done it once you have to be some type of goldfish-brain to find it fun to do again. When combat does kick off for me it just fell into button bashing realms, and was no fun at all. Can't believe the amount of praise this game gets, when combat is so shit, and avoiding combat is so dull.

Another bag of wank added to the list. When are these stupid cunting devs going to realize that a wonderful world means jack shit if it's a chore to play through?

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
I was thinking original playstation, fucktard

Does anybody have feeling like they're all out to get you?

You're all sure well educated.

I got pretty cat in my house.

Last edited:

DemonKing

Arcane
I enjoy some of the PS4 exclusives (Horizon, Uncharted, Last of Us, Bloodborne - probably God of War when I get my hands on it). Those style of games work fine with a controller. It pretty much sucks for FPS style games and I’ve never bothered to try an isometric CRPG out (I tried the Shadow Tactics demo and that was an abomination to play in comparison to a PC). There are some decent kid’s titles like Rayman too.

Of course, I probably wouldn’t have bought it if not for the library of exclusives.

Ash

Arcane
Our lass bought me Dishonoured: Death of The Outsider as a surprise treat, which was very nice of her.

Our? So you wouldn't mind sharing her; to let me have my way with her for the night?

No true Scotsman. You're all full of shit.

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom