Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Heroes of Might & Magic game

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Could I love both? Like I love all M&Ms without discrimination (9 too!)?

Ok, zoomer, but can you love THIS as a true M&M fag?
crusaders-of-might-and-magic-12.png

Fishy

Savant
The seriest peaked with HoMM2. Everything after that is more flash, more bloat, and objectively inferior art styles.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
4's OST is the most patchwork kinda of them all. That's not bad but it's not a wholly original work of Romero's, it's stitched together from recordings in the public domain with some additions.

Citizen

4 was the best Heroes game then 2 > 1 > all the others > 6.

Eador Genesis > 2 > 3 > 5 > 1 >> 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rest

1 is like 2 but worse in every way possible maybe apart from hilarious creature sprites (dragon and phoenix :lol:), why would it be worse that 3?

Lacrymas

Arcane
1 is like 2 but worse in every way possible maybe apart from hilarious creature sprites (dragon and phoenix :lol:), why would it be worse that 3?

The thing with the Heroes series is that they are all basically the same (excluding 4), the difference is how much bullshit is added on top of the original formula. 3 and 5 are the most bloated and inelegant design-wise, 5 is badly documented on top of that. Heroes 4 tried to get away from it all and I think it makes the most sense along with adding badly needed quality of life changes like caravans. We had a whole thread about it.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

The thing with the Heroes series is that they are all basically the same (excluding 4), the difference is how much bullshit is added on top of the original formula. 3 and 5 are the most bloated and inelegant design-wise, 5 is badly documented on top of that. Heroes 4 tried to get away from it all and I think it makes the most sense along with adding badly needed quality of life changes like caravans. We had a whole thread about it.
I haven’t played 4 yet, but 3 massively improves the gameplay and rightfully expands on the mechanics of 2. 2 is quite shallow.

Lacrymas

Arcane
All of them are shallow (except maybe 4) due to some questionable decisions regarding how tactical combat works. 3 is just the best at convincing the entire Slavic population it's something more than it is because bloat is being confused with complexity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom