Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best mysteries in Dragon Age series which you would like to clear in Dragon Age 4

Which is your favorite mystery?

• Sandal :- Origin

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Avernus :- Experiments

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Urn of Sacred Ashes/Historicity of Andraste

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Ancient Rock Wraith/Vaterral

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unbound Demons

• Ancient Elven Gods / Solas/Mythal/Dread Wolf/Flemeth

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • The Old Gods

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Titans/Lyrium/Red Lyrium/Statue

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Maker/Black City

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Magisters Sidereal

• Lizardmen

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
Vatnik Wumao
Wouldn't mind if they were equally interrelated, but it seems that BioWare wants to push Elven lore to the forefront, with everything else being derived from that.

Humanophage

Arcane
Xamenos , Bioware of old means Bioware before it got ruined by consoles. I would offer the following overlapping periodisation:
Baldur's Gate 1
Baldur's Gate 2
Neverwinter Nights
Neverwinter Nights add-ons

KOTOR
Jade Empire
Mass Effect
Dragon Age: Origins

later games

The main problem with Bioware is creeping consolisation with all that it entails such as primitive gameplay, limited text, basic interface, etc. DA:O is their last attempt to reverse this after swerving massively in this direction with Mass Effect. I assume it didn't work out the way they wanted, so later they went full console.

Codex Year of the Donut
Here's a fun thought:
On September 15th this year we'll be further away from the release of Dragon Age: Origins than the release of Dragon Age: Origins was from the release of Baldur's Gate.
:M

catfood

AGAIN
1. Sandal/Bodahn :- Who is this creature, where did this dwarf find him?
2. Avernus :- What does he do with Grey Warden blood? What new secrets did he unearth between Blood magic and Darkspawn?
3. Andraste/Haven/Urn of Sacred Ashes :- How did the ashes cure Eamon? What was their secret? Who was Andraste?
4. Ancient Rock Wraith :- How does this creature form? How did it survive? Is there some older connection to some ancient creature?
5. Red Lyrium/Statue :- What is Red Lyrium if Blue Lyrium is blood? Who created that statue and put it there?
6. Mythal/Flemeth/Solas/Fenharel :- Who are these elven gods? how did they manage to live for centuries? What is their magic?
7. Titans ; Lyrium :- Who were Titans? How can entire cities fit inside Titans? How were they beaten?
8. Lizardmen :- Who created those drawings in the caves? How did these creatures live without water? Are they related to Elves?
9. The 4 Unbound Demons ;- What is so special about these demons? Where did they come from? Are they connected to Black city?
10. Maker/Black City/Fade :- What is Maker? Where is the Black/Golden city? How to reach it?
11. Corypheus/First Magisters :- What was the experience of these mighty magisters inside the Black city?
12. who bitch dis is

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Possibly, as it was drawn by a monkey.

I don't give a shit about how DA2 and ME2 compare to their predecessors. They're all shit and they have nothing to do with "Bioware of old".

And, yes, I am aware Bioware and Black Isle are different companies. On the other hand you are not aware of what sarcasm is.
I'm still not sure if you're only pretending to be retarded, or what your point even is. On one hand you say it was "sarcasm" when you compared Bioware's last good games (ME1 and DA:O) to the abominable Fallout 3. On the other, you keep talking about DA2 and ME2 when I didn't mention them at first and made sure to put them below zero on my graph. So what is it? Are you a moron, or just a troll of the "you responded therefore I win" variant?

Xamenos , Bioware of old means Bioware before it got ruined by consoles. I would offer the following overlapping periodisation:
Baldur's Gate 1
Baldur's Gate 2
Neverwinter Nights
Neverwinter Nights add-ons

KOTOR
Jade Empire
Mass Effect
Dragon Age: Origins

later games

The main problem with Bioware is creeping consolisation with all that it entails such as primitive gameplay, limited text, basic interface, etc. DA:O is their last attempt to reverse this after swerving massively in this direction with Mass Effect. I assume it didn't work out the way they wanted, so later they went full console.

I'm very surprised you put Neverwinter Nights along with BG, and not with the other 3D games. And I don't entirely disagree with your point, but think you're selling Mass Effect short. It was mechanically much simpler than their previous games, but its worldbuilding, story and writing in general were all very solid, and it wasn't THAT much simpler than Dragon Age: Origins which was worse in all other areas relevant to an RPG. AndI don't think it was a coincidence that EA bought Bioware while it was developing ME2 and DA2 and every game released after was complete crap.

jac8awol

Arbiter
The real mystery is why anyone keeps supporting this franchise and buying these games when each successive entry proves to be more juvenile, shallow, repetitive and easy than the last. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 4 times and I should self-eject from the codex

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Man, all they really needed to do was keep going the Origins route, but they went full Mass Effect instead... Not played any Mass Effect by the way, but I just feel like the talking character and conversation trees followed that game from what people on BSN were saying when the Leliana DLC came out.

I mean what's the last AAA fantasy RPG we've gotten that has branching dialogue with a variable background? Also, non-voiced protagonist.

I'm curious what happened to Morrigan, but I just can't play any of the later installments. I'd rather just think Origins was the first and last game in the series. The Black City and the Fade was really fucking interesting, though.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
On one hand you say it was "sarcasm" when you compared Bioware's last good games (ME1 and DA:O) to the abominable Fallout 3.

I did not, fucktard.

Learn to fucking read and to fucking understand sarcasm.

I made fun of your claim that those games are "bioware of old" by suggesting than in that case Fallout 3 is the "classic Fallout" or the "fallout of old".
Can you get it now?

On the other, you keep talking about DA2 and ME2 when I didn't mention them at first and made sure to put them below zero on my graph.

Oh your amazing graph. You didn't mention them, you just said that everything after ME1 and DA:O is so much worse. What I said, if you were able to read, is that they're ALL shit. Including your beloved ME1 and DA:O. Flip the red line in your retarded scribble horizontally and then vertically and you might have something closer to the truth.

And no, those are not Bioware's last good games. They are just maybe a bit less shit than what they did after, and again, for your simple monkey brain: if those games are bioware of old, then fallout 3 is the fallout of old.

Well, OK, I guess indirectly that is a comparison between ME1 and DA:O and Fallout 3. :lol: Sorry if that hurts you, but it's not far from the truth.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Shouldn't you be working on Starfield, Ferret?
Ferret, you don't even work for Bioware anymore. None of this should matter to you.
rating_citation.png

deuxhero

Arcane
What's the name of the planet the game takes place on. The absence is one of those things that reeks of poor world building.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
When will Grey Warden Dad get custody over his son? Obviously Mum Morrigan, whose occupation is full time Witch of the Wilds and bitch is clearly unfit to give boy proper upbringing. And I dread what kind of demons she'll find to be boy's male role model. Will Fereldan family court serve to justice and unite Son & Father or are judges under influence of blood mage feminists?

Find out in NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON AGE!

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Why I feel nothing while I slaughter or sell as blood slaves to Tevinter elves in Dragon Age? Just nothing, same feeling like when taking out trash or selling +1 wood bows. Biowhore, make me feel something for elves! Anything

Also what's up with long lost dwarven thaigs and land of Qunarii . . .

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
On one hand you say it was "sarcasm" when you compared Bioware's last good games (ME1 and DA:O) to the abominable Fallout 3.

I did not, fucktard.

Learn to fucking read and to fucking understand sarcasm.

I made fun of your claim that those games are "bioware of old" by suggesting than in that case Fallout 3 is the "classic Fallout" or the "fallout of old".
Can you get it now?

On the other, you keep talking about DA2 and ME2 when I didn't mention them at first and made sure to put them below zero on my graph.

Oh your amazing graph. You didn't mention them, you just said that everything after ME1 and DA:O is so much worse. What I said, if you were able to read, is that they're ALL shit. Including your beloved ME1 and DA:O. Flip the red line in your retarded scribble horizontally and then vertically and you might have something closer to the truth.

And no, those are not Bioware's last good games. They are just maybe a bit less shit than what they did after, and again, for your simple monkey brain: if those games are bioware of old, then fallout 3 is the fallout of old.

Well, OK, I guess indirectly that is a comparison between ME1 and DA:O and Fallout 3. :lol: Sorry if that hurts you, but it's not far from the truth.

Thank you for confirming you really are a triehard retard who can't even keep avoid contradicting himself from the first to the last line in a single post. Or who somehow thinks that Fallout 3, a game where nothing makes sense and everyone like a subhuman with room temperature IQ (much like you, in fact) has anything in common to decent games other than the time of their release.

I suppose you really do believe the BGs was the only good games Bioware ever made and they've been a completely shit company for close to two decades. At least you stopped hiding your retarded opinion behind your "sarcasm" and "it's just a prank bro, not my fault you don't understand" excuses. I apologize for thinking you might be just a troll.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom