Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best mysteries in Dragon Age series which you would like to clear in Dragon Age 4

Which is your favorite mystery?

• Sandal :- Origin

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Avernus :- Experiments

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Urn of Sacred Ashes/Historicity of Andraste

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Ancient Rock Wraith/Vaterral

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unbound Demons

• Ancient Elven Gods / Solas/Mythal/Dread Wolf/Flemeth

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • The Old Gods

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Titans/Lyrium/Red Lyrium/Statue

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Maker/Black City

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Magisters Sidereal

• Lizardmen

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
Vatnik Wumao
The breeding of darkspawns is expanded upon in the base game during the A Paragon of Her Kind questline. That's when you get the broodmother and what not.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, right, Anthem was a thing that existed. I have no idea how they still have money to continue.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Oh, right, Anthem was a thing that existed. I have no idea how they still have money to continue.
Because EA is still willing to give them money? It's not like they're a struggling company. Even with BioWare's recent blunders, there's no way they're going to let go of BioWare.

Lacrymas

Arcane
They are going to let them go the moment they start gratingly underperforming. Their last 2 abortions were, and still are, the laughingstock of the internet. Anthem has like 23 players left and I'm 100% sure it hasn't made its budget back. Dragon Age is the only thing which hasn't gone to the shitter with the mainstream audience, so if that fails it's more than likely over.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I don't remember this stuff enough to vote, but I'd love to see it be set in the Tevinter empire where the mages lord over the common folk, perhaps during a rebellion or something like that. Lots of prime territory there for social commentary, factions and choices.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That's where it's going to be set, DalekFlay. And it will probably center along 3 lines: reform vs status quo in Tevinter, Tevinter vs Qunari, Solas vs the world.
It will be in Tevinter lol,it will be old patriarchal evul mages vs the progressive and tolerant mishmash of qunari,slaves and muh good noble faggot mages. Of course you will have no choice and will be part of that colourful mishmash trying to fuck up Tevinter and make it more progressive.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
The black city... But tentatively because I have 0 faith modern bioware can handle it and make it anything else but it being the lair of the true big bad of the setting and filling the corridors with copy pasted thrash mobs.

But back in the day, legit used to spend a few minutes in the fade just staring at the pieces of the black city floating in the background, tentatively out of reach.
Even watched vids like this in the vain hopes of spotting some easter egg:

What's over there? What happened? Is there someone in there watching me just as I am watching them? Guess we will never know and maybe it's for the best.

alyvain

Learned
Just dropping by to say that Bioware has completely destroyed the lore of the series. In the first game it was more or less tight, with its focus on the Blight, sins of the mankind, magic and all. Now it's a mess. So I think every possible answer they could possible give in DA4 will be underwhelming.

The fact that DA:O was already considered generic back then kinda shows how bad things got now.

BTW, does anyone remember that DA:O was considered "dark", albeit generic, fantasy?

Absinthe

Arcane
They are going to let them go the moment they start gratingly underperforming. Their last 2 abortions were, and still are, the laughingstock of the internet. Anthem has like 23 players left and I'm 100% sure it hasn't made its budget back. Dragon Age is the only thing which hasn't gone to the shitter with the mainstream audience, so if that fails it's more than likely over.
DA2 did go to the shitter. It had a massive fan backlash, and that was right on the heels of DAO getting ridiculed for its terrible DLC salesmen and level re-use DLC. DAI just managed to eke out enough value that the franchise isn't completely dead yet. If DA4 fails, whatever is left of Bioware is dead.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
I wish you'd added a option to the poll that simple said, "I have difficulty respecting the right of this thread to exist"

But it is an RPG, so I couldn't click on that option in good conscience anyway.

How about this as an option:

Do you think they'll do a Dragon Age Remaster before they finish 4?

Lacrymas

Arcane
The biggest mystery is how this thread, the Dragon Age series, and Bioware still going.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Two Worlds was better than DA:0.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom