Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Best Oblivion interview evar!

Shadowstrider

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
Reminiscent of someone else posting shit about Cleve.
The posts about Cleve were posts about Cleve's personal opinions. If I posted some personal stuff about Todd or MSFD, then your comment would have been valid. I cover games. See the difference?

The difference is this post has ZERO relevence, isn't a real interview, and is just pointless bashing.

At least Exitium's idiocy revealed that Cleve is some psychopath who dwells in a vault of his own making with nazi-like ideals. While no more valid about actual games, those at least set off a big flare not to support that douche-bag.

Neither are news. Stop posting this crap.

Shadowstrider said:
This is actually less news worthy than the Cleve Blackmore fiasco. Way to go!
See above. Not that I give a fuck about random bitching and whining.

See above. Not that I give a fuck about random idiocy and incompetence.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
This might've been an appropriate thread in either General Discussion or General RPG Discussion. As it is, it feels a lot like the axe Rex had to grind with Cleve.

corvax

Augur
Also by that VD should start looking in other forums for any tibids that mention an RPG, hey it's news...it's related to a game, let's put it on a front page. Good job.

corvax

Augur
Vault Dweller said:
The posts about Cleve were posts about Cleve's personal opinions. If I posted some personal stuff about Todd or MSFD, then your comment would have been valid. I cover games. See the difference?
Yes, your cover of games is clearly evident from this news post. Man, you're like Pinocchio but the only thing that keeps on growing is that stick up your ass.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Hey come on guys - face it, it looked positively radiant compared with the shit load of Dungeon Siege 2 news postings recently! I mean, what's up with that crap? Is anyone remotely interested?? I haven't been interested in DS since I read the review of the first one in UK PCG... :roll:

Anyway I'm really looking forward to your news posts, VD, when Oblivion actually turns out to be the BESTEST GAME EVAR!!!111(tm)

:P

(oh, yeah, I do really agree it shouldn't have been news BTW)

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Well, if it was actually funny I wouldnt complaint... but yet you have already made fun of all those topics at least once (with that preview in forum). Its kinda getting silly and repetitive. Besides its really long newspost...ah..anyways, those "news" aint no news.

Even if all that is true, its been discussed tens of times already. It's so boring, yet does not bring any light to the argument.

fnordcircle

Liturgist
Frowning at my monitor as I read your dumb post.
No, seriously, forced humor and overused mispellings are hilarious and this isn't beyond the point of being old whatsover. Everyone else is just jealous of your talent VD and you should really start spending all your time writing creatively until you get hired in Hollywood.

Ultra-Xboxorz teh ultimate online gaming magazine bringz u a mega...
And that was the point at which they lost me. I don't know about anyone else here, but couching a not-really-newsworthy critique of Bethesda's marketing practices, game development cycles, and who knows what else that we've all seen before ad nauseum, in l33t of all things, is just about the surest way to get me to avoid the article completely.

I'm sure it was well done, though, with the critique being both poignant and thought-provoking. *thumbs up*

Shadowstrider

Liturgist
Vault Dweller is taking the old 2 tuff 2 care, approach. Not to mention the usual style of debate, "I disagree - you must be too stupid to get it."

Seem familiar to anyone?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Shadowstrider said:
Vault Dweller is taking the old 2 tuff 2 care, approach. Not to mention the usual style of debate, "I disagree - you must be too stupid to get it."

Seem familiar to anyone?
You are trying to hard to elect me as a new Exitium. I explained my position and my reasons for posting this "interview" several times. I did doubt your intelligence because you called the article pointless bashing which it wasn't. Simple as that. Had nothing to do with your disagreement with me.

Mithter Thibbs said:
...a not-really-newsworthy critique ...
Hmm, looks like it's my lucky day. Everyone in this thread is an expert on news eager to show me the error of my ways. I'm honored to get such attention.

Seven

Erudite
Shadowstrider said:

Seem familiar to anyone?

Don't even start. The "interview" was a parody.If some of you are too stupid to get it then too friggin bad. Why is it every time some one posts something funny about Oblivion some whinny fanboy has to cry?

As for the comparison's to Rex, you'll have to notice two key differences: VD isn't altering any one else's news post, and if this were Rex's post you wouldn't be able to critque it or him because he would just delete your post and possibly delete your account. Pretty-fucking-big difference, no?

Shadowstrider

Liturgist
Parody != news. It is that simple. You can post all the supar smrt explnashuns you want. It should've went in the general discussion forum.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Eh, so what. It was funny, it was timely - given the sheer number of Ob interviews that are pretty much like that but sans irony, and I enjoyed reading it. It's so obviously different to the Derek Smart type tragic Exit-raving-about-Cleve bullshit that anyone making that comparison is a fool.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It's only a pity that VD left the bottom out of the interview:
  • [Ultra-Xboxorz has removed all questions(35) that received a "not prepared to discuss yet" answer]

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Yes, that was the only part of the original post that made me chuckle.

Astromarine

Erudite
Oh, will all you old ladies kindly shut the fuck up? Way you're talking you'd think that front page real estate is somehow special, reserved virgin territory that should only be deflowered by posts after a commitee carefully examins a news post's relevance to current affairs.

I mean, really, who the fuck are you and why are you here? When has the RPGCodex has EVER been a dry news source that limits itself to naked facts and nothing else? So what VD did should more accurately be called an editorial to appease your delicate journalistic sensibilities. So fucking what? I don't even get why VD takes the fuckin time to argue with you ninnies about the content he posts. I would have told you to shut the fuck up and compose carefully worded letters to the editor spelling out your outrage while using some serious star trek quotage to show you're serious.

Stop being retarded. RPG Codex, as a news site, is PISS POOR. Most of our stuff is recycled. Companies hate our fucking guts so don't send us press releases nor invite us to unveilings of games in European castles. The only value the site has IS in it's editorializing. Most times this is done in comments on the recycled news we post. Some times it's in the forums. Other times it goes on the front page. Deal with it.

The interview was funny to me. It wasn't to some of you. Fine. It was funny to VD, and he thought he'd post it. His pet hate atm is Oblivion. Mine is DS2, but I don't have the time to spew vitriol at themoment. The others probably don't have any currently, though they will have in the future, or they wouldn't be the loveable angry cunts you like to spend your bandwidth on. Again, deal with it. Or, if you'd rather prefer, move to somewhere where content is sanitized to cater to LCD readership, and where 80% of the news is rammed into the staff's asshole by the devs after being couched in appropriate doublespeak by PR. I recommend Gamespot, it's the best of those currently available, because they're actually really enthusiastic about the stuff they play. Here, since the site chose to dedicate itself to a genre that is in it's death throes as a mainstream genre, the only thing we CAN be enthusiastic about is our occasional ripping apart of someone's sense of decorum.

bryce777

Erudite
Astromarine said:
Oh, will all you old ladies kindly shut the fuck up? Way you're talking you'd think that front page real estate is somehow special, reserved virgin territory that should only be deflowered by posts after a commitee carefully examins a news post's relevance to current affairs.

I mean, really, who the fuck are you and why are you here? When has the RPGCodex has EVER been a dry news source that limits itself to naked facts and nothing else? So what VD did should more accurately be called an editorial to appease your delicate journalistic sensibilities. So fucking what? I don't even get why VD takes the fuckin time to argue with you ninnies about the content he posts. I would have told you to shut the fuck up and compose carefully worded letters to the editor spelling out your outrage while using some serious star trek quotage to show you're serious.

Stop being retarded. RPG Codex, as a news site, is PISS POOR. Most of our stuff is recycled. Companies hate our fucking guts so don't send us press releases nor invite us to unveilings of games in European castles. The only value the site has IS in it's editorializing. Most times this is done in comments on the recycled news we post. Some times it's in the forums. Other times it goes on the front page. Deal with it.

The interview was funny to me. It wasn't to some of you. Fine. It was funny to VD, and he thought he'd post it. His pet hate atm is Oblivion. Mine is DS2, but I don't have the time to spew vitriol at themoment. The others probably don't have any currently, though they will have in the future, or they wouldn't be the loveable angry cunts you like to spend your bandwidth on. Again, deal with it. Or, if you'd rather prefer, move to somewhere where content is sanitized to cater to LCD readership, and where 80% of the news is rammed into the staff's asshole by the devs after being couched in appropriate doublespeak by PR. I recommend Gamespot, it's the best of those currently available, because they're actually really enthusiastic about the stuff they play. Here, since the site chose to dedicate itself to a genre that is in it's death throes as a mainstream genre, the only thing we CAN be enthusiastic about is our occasional ripping apart of someone's sense of decorum.

Actually the value this place has is the editorial that is displayed...anyone can go to rpgdot and see the exact same stupid interviews, and watch everyone go "By golly! I sure would like to play that oblivion game, or cleve's wonderful game, gosh oh gosh I hope no bad people show up and steal out soda and pie!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom