Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best prewritten adventures (any system)?

Jason Liang

Arcane
I'm not very knowledgeable but since they haven't been mentioned, I'll recommend -
- The Transylvania Chronicles for V:TM <--- this is the "canonical" story arc for Vampire
- The Giovanni Chronicles for V: TM <--- loved the 3rd book most but the first two are also great
- The Gehenna sourcebook for V: TM <--- great way to conclude either Transylvania or Giovanni Chronicles
- Either Jerusalem by Night or Constantinople by Night (I forget which) for V:TM
- The original Dragonlance modules
- This is more wargaming than roleplaying, but Tukayyid and Wolf and Falcon are two of my favorite campaign sourcebooks I ever owned, for Battletech
- Everything ever published for Feng Shui rpg
- Everything published for Mage: The Ascension or Sorcerer's Crusade

Last edited:

nyjsu

Educated
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
Many LotFP adventures are brilliant if you can stomach Raggi's design. Death frost doom gets a lot of hate for being "unwinnable" but my group had a blast with it. Tower of the stargazer is also really fun and full of interesting things for the players to play with, even though they might lose a character or two in the process. Most lotfp modules don't have a lot of combat so if that's your thing add monsters to taste.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Many LotFP adventures are brilliant if you can stomach Raggi's design. Death frost doom gets a lot of hate for being "unwinnable" but my group had a blast with it. Tower of the stargazer is also really fun and full of interesting things for the players to play with, even though they might lose a character or two in the process. Most lotfp modules don't have a lot of combat so if that's your thing add monsters to taste.
Zzarchov Kowolski's stuff for LotFP is the secret star of that game line, as is almost everything he's written for his own system (Neoclassical Geek Revival, aka NGR).

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Barrowmaze Complete: An OSR mega dungeon compatible with any OSR game (Labyrinth Lord, Sword & Wizardry, Fantastic Heroes & Witchery [great ruleset, low res version is available for free. It's the best OSR ruleset out there IMO], Castles & Crusades, D&D pre 3e etc) With some work you can make it work with any game system honestly. It is worth it for the artwork alone, trust me.
Digging through quite a lot of OSR stuff lately in order to blatanty steal megadungeon ideas for my ongoing campaign. Stumbled across the Barrowmaze recommendation and it really is an amazing crawler. Thanks!

Another module I came across that really stood out: Castle Xyntillan. Haunted house trope taken to the max. Bought it and read it from front to back in one go, usually I just scavenge modules for bits and pieces, but for Castle Xyntillian I'm contemplating getting together a round to run it straigh out of the book.
Fun read. Tons of creative stuff, interesting encounters, heinous traps and no boring excess fluff.
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/308789/Castle-Xyntillan

Andhaira

Arcane
Blue Medusa, frostbitten and mutilated and veins of the earth (more of a tool kit though)

Yeah Veins of the Earth is quite inspired. Have heard of the others, esp. Blue Medusa but don't have them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom