Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Those numbers seem dubious to me for a few reasons.

1) WoW still has about 7.5 million subscribers. Assuming they all have 6 month passes, that's still about a billion dollars in revenue, and that's not even counting microtransations, new players buying the game and expansions, etc.

2) I refuse to believe TOR is doing that well.

3) As someone else mentioned, no DOTA 2.

These numbers are probably just meant to entice new clients, with all the info about how much the digital games market is growing.
Read the note at the bottom of the image. Those numbers do not include the subscription money and they state that there clearly.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
First 20 seconds were just like that Thiaf gameplay video. "le headshot! +50 exp" aauugh
Damn this Rambo game looks bad. Is it a lightgun game or something?

Borelli

Arcane
GET READY
PRESS THE BUTTON GOGOGO PRESS IT NOW

fuck this shit, somebody inform Sly about this turd, i wonder how he would react.
rambo_4_final_cut.jpg

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Those numbers seem dubious to me for a few reasons.

1) WoW still has about 7.5 million subscribers. Assuming they all have 6 month passes, that's still about a billion dollars in revenue, and that's not even counting microtransations, new players buying the game and expansions, etc.

2) I refuse to believe TOR is doing that well.

3) As someone else mentioned, no DOTA 2.

These numbers are probably just meant to entice new clients, with all the info about how much the digital games market is growing.
Subscription would not be "free to play". So the WoW numbers would be just people without subscriptions I think (they do a level cap, right?).

Valve is a private company they don't have to release revenue numbers, so if they haven't said how much DOTA has made, no one knows.

Why didn't they get the Dota 2 numbers from the same crystal ball they got the TF2 numbers from? As far as I'm aware, Valve doesn't release the latter either.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why didn't they get the Dota 2 numbers from the same crystal ball they got the TF2 numbers from? As far as I'm aware, Valve doesn't release the latter either.
Valve might have done a press release about TF2 one time, but yes, I wouldn't trust any Valve numbers.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I completely missed the blurb at the bottom of the first image. The numbers still smell wrong to me - WoW has probably 10 times the active population that TOR does.

LivingOne

Savant
News
Mass Effect 3: Vindication Is A 539-Page Book That Aims To Patch up, Rework, and “Fix” ME3′s Story
January 18, 2014 John Papadopoulos 6 Comments
Now this is dedication. Gerry Pugliese has informed us about his book that is no less than 539 page and aims to patch, rework and ‘fix’ the storyline of Mass Effect 3. Via this book, readers will get access to new endings, romances, enemies, character classes, powers, concept art, dialogue, cut-scenes, missions, War Assets and Downloadable Content.

As Gerry Pugliese said:

“Mass Effect 3: Vindication is not a game. In fact, it’s hard to categorize exactly what it is. You can call it a book – for simplicity’s sake, I do – but it’s so much more than that. ME3V is part editorial and critical analysis, but it’s also made up of script and dialogue, mixed with concept art and flowcharts to walk you through my more than a year of hard work to make Mass Effect 3 the game fans had hoped it would be. ”

So before jumping to early conclusions, that downloadable content we referred is not ‘real’. There are no bonuses for the actual game. This is all created by Gerry Pugliese as a means to fix – or improve – the mess that BioWare created.

Here is a bit more about this fan-made book:

“ME3V introduces a new character class, the Savant, which is the direct result of Shepard’s Project Lazarus implants going haywire and rewriting his/her genetic code. Savants unleash a devastating class-specific power, Obliterate, an unstable beam of energy that can be evolved to rip through armor, barriers, and shields with ease. Savants can take on any challenger!

Reaper Destroyers, one of four new enemies, are elcor warriors twisted into hulking beasts armed with twin artillery cannons; taking the place of Rachni Ravagers if Shepard killed the last Rachni Queen in Mass Effect 1. In ME3V, if the Rachni are dead, they stay dead. Cerberus gains powerful biotic soldiers called Cerberus Arbiters, if Shepard handed the Illusive Man the Collector base in Mass Effect 2. The geth acquire lethal tech experts, Geth Sentinels, if Shepard rewrote the Heretics in ME2. And, new Reaper Seekers, kamikaze pod crabs, will chase Shepard down…just for fun. ”

What’s also interesting is that according to Pugliese, Shepard’s morality path and war assets heavily impact your ending; much more than the original game. In other words, this book features multiple endings.

Those interested can download the book from here.

Now if only someone made a video based on this book. That would be truly awesome.

Enjoy!​

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/mass-...patch-up-rework-and-fix-mass-effect-3s-story/

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Why do people care about this anymore? Mass Effect 3 happened, it's over, anyone who cared about the series to any significant degree have moved on and accepted what happened. Why bother ripping the band-aid off again?

Borelli

Arcane
I haven't played ME3 yet but as soon as i read
Shepard’s Project Lazarus implants going haywire and rewriting his/her genetic code
i was like why are you even trying anymore? This is digging the hole filled with derp deeper and deeper.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
lol gaming sites reporting fanfic releases as 'news'. REAL JOURNALISM YEP.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Holy crap that chat is hilarious. :lol:
Still don't understand why everyone is throwing rocks at him. Sure it's not elegant and he's a tryhard, but come on.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
And Kotaku is already on the case.

When reached on the phone by Kotaku, Mattingly said he planned to apologize, and took to his blog, where he wrote an apology this evening.

I want to make this clear: the Kotaku "reporter" actually took the phone and called another guy to ask him for an statement of why he acted like a dick with a woman on facebook.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
And Kotaku is already on the case.

When reached on the phone by Kotaku, Mattingly said he planned to apologize, and took to his blog, where he wrote an apology this evening.

I want to make this clear: the Kotaku "reporter" actually took the phone and called another guy to ask him for an statement of why he acted like a dick with a woman on facebook.
:mad: JUSTICE DELIVARS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom