Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

ROGUEY WARNING, ROGUEY WARNING! DISENGAGE, DISENGAGE!

I also have to confirm he shot himself, but he was not alone, he locked himself in the bathroom and I was on the other side of the door talking with him.

That's...pretty horrible, actually.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
What is the 102nd way I can get a free hug from you jimbob
jerkcity853.gif

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think you'll find that most women (and indeed most people in general) still consider video games to be a juvenile hobby. We gamers do a good enough job surrounding ourselves with like-minded individuals that we don't tend to notice.

I'm not really sure where all these feminists are coming from, maybe they're like that tropes vs women person and they're just here to scam money from idiots, or maybe they're just desperate for attention. I mean, there are radical feminists bitching about everything from movies to kid's toys, but in other hobbies they get ignored for the most part. Gaming is the only area that seems to have embraced the radical feminist agenda to the point where it's taking over.
How is feminism exactly taking over? Because of a few imbeciles ejaculating their diatribes at tumblr? The only game company I can think of that claims to give a fuck about female audience is Bioware - the same Bioware that created pansexual smurf bithces from space fucking with lizards and stripping in night clubs, Miranda's ass, EDI's cameltoe, or even Morrigan who basically wanders around in her bra. It's just the magic of the Internet, where one dog barking loud enough may seem like a whole population of wolves.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Really, you just have to look at other examples of feminists trying to exert their power over the industry to see how little sway they really hold. The guys making the next Castlevania essentially told them to fuck off when some shithouse blogger demanded they censor one of the scenes in the game; they kicked up a huge fuss about Dragon Crown's artwork in the months before it was released, and what happened? It sold pretty well, got alot of great reviews, and at least one writer lost his credibility when he called everyone who likes the Sorceress 'lolicons'. And the big bad of this all; feminist frequency and how it was supposed to change the industry forever? It lost basically all momentum and all that really came out of it was a bunch of people being suckered out of their hard-earned shekels. The only real examples of feminism truly affecting games in the past few years was Anita being hired on to Mirror's Edge 2 (which is EA, who're trying desperately to sucker in all demographics they can) and possibly Killer is Dead (which I'm pretty sure would've sold like shit anyways, as Suda51 seems to kinda go out of his way nowadays to make sure his games don't sell at all).

Tehdagah

Arcane
How is feminism exactly taking over? Because of a few imbeciles ejaculating their diatribes at tumblr? The only game company I can think of that claims to give a fuck about female audience is Bioware - the same Bioware that created pansexual smurf bithces from space fucking with lizards and stripping in night clubs, Miranda's ass, EDI's cameltoe, or even Morrigan who basically wanders around in her bra. It's just the magic of the Internet, where one dog barking loud enough may seem like a whole population of wolves.
They already got most of the journalistic media.

There was also that thing with Elizabeth's design in Bioshock Infinite...
God of War Ascension, Divinity Original Sin, Wildstar and Monster Monpiece too.

Grain by grain and the hen fills her belly.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
There was also that thing with Elizabeth's design in Bioshock Infinite...
You mean the same game which was supposed to be a hard-hitting commentary on racism while at the same time utterly refusing to say 'nigger' or 'Mick'? They probably would've white-washed it anyway regardless.

Hell, Columbia's persecution of minorities was probably less severe than it was in most states in America at the time, which kinda undermines the point the game was trying to make.

Last edited:

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
They already got most of the journalistic media.
LOL, journalistic media... You could put there a monkey and no one would ever notice.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Monster Monpiece
haha were you looking forward to your creepy anime game about molesting scantily-clad five-year-olds? I don't think THE FEMINIST AGENDA is to blame for that one getting mildly censored.
They said that this is the reason of the censorship.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/23/idea-factory-explain-the-censorship-in-monster-monpiece/

"Western society is not as lenient as that of Japan when sexual images are involved—especially images of humanoids that appear to be younger than a socially acceptable age."

While some cards are questionable, most of them don't resemble underage girls. Unless your definition of "underage" is the same of Jason Schreier.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
Monster Monpiece
haha were you looking forward to your creepy anime game about molesting scantily-clad five-year-olds? I don't think THE FEMINIST AGENDA is to blame for that one getting mildly censored.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/23/idea-factory-explain-the-censorship-in-monster-monpiece/

"Western society is not as lenient as that of Japan when sexual images are involved—especially images of humanoids that appear to be younger than a socially acceptable age."

While some cards are questionable, most of them don't resemble underage girls. Unless your definition of "underage" is the same of Jason Schreier.

Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that American audiences have always been extremely prudish in regards to sexual imagery. This isn't some recent phenomena.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Monster Monpiece

That's the "think of the children!" crowd at work, not feminists.

Dexter

Arcane
the tumblr moral police is a tsunami on the horizon.
Tumblr is pretty awesome though, I mean where would all these people go if they didn't have it:
1381305839973ohpob.png

1382804127800gcp2o.png

1381305161879pxqbt.png

1389519765500ggo25.png

(Last one might be an elaborate troll, but I really can't tell with that place)
It's a matter of time until they decide our genocide simulators are very problematic and must go.
rpgbadpsq38.png

Angthoron

Arcane
the tumblr moral police is a tsunami on the horizon.
Tumblr is pretty awesome though, I mean where would all these people go if they didn't have it:
1381305839973ohpob.png

1382804127800gcp2o.png

1381305161879pxqbt.png

1389519765500ggo25.png

(Last one might be an elaborate troll, but I really can't tell with that place)
It's a matter of time until they decide our genocide simulators are very problematic and must go.
rpgbadpsq38.png
Good stuff, would rage again. The first bit in particular is a fucking masterpiece.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Monster Monpiece

That's the "think of the children!" crowd at work, not feminists.
Puritanism leads to feminism. Feminists often push the puritan card whenever it is convenient for them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom